Experto credite

janb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just after a bit of advice regarding this harassing company....the phone starts ringing as early as 8am and up to 3?4 calls a day.....have now received 2 letters today and one states an i quote

We have been monitoring your fanancial records through a credit reference agency and can see an improvement in your financial circumstances

Is this legal?

Do they know something i dont know cause i am sure i have not won the lottery

Thx Janb

doesn't matter

whats it all about please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would be tempted to write back and ask them what financail improvement they have seen because you sure has hell havent seen any, and while your at it ask for the CRA they are supposedly monitoring so you can raise hell with them aswell

Or how about

I am pleased to say that your observations regarding my financial status are absolutely correct, this remarkable improvement was achieved by completely ignoring people like yourself and of course my multi million pound lottery win has also made life much easier. I hasten to add that it is absolutely delightful to be able to employ a telephonist at £1000.00 per week, to ignore you on my behalf.

Definitely raise a complaint with the credit agency, demand to know why these clown outfits can gain access to your credit files, when you are not attempting to obtain any credit from them?

Also email your local MP have them raise the issue in the commons.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 5 months later...

Hi all

Back to this fantastic site for some much needed help if poss pretty plz :razz:

To cut a long story short i sent a 'prove it letter' to experto regarding an old MBNA account and have received the following response but am now unsure how to respond to this and would greatly appreciate any help on further action i should take...the letter reads as follows:

We are happy to deal with this matter in writing, however we will retain your telephone number on our records as a legitimate form of contact should our letters remain unaswered. We note you request that you do not wish to have any home visit and have updated our records accordingly.

If you require one, we will gladly supply you with a copy of your agreement upon payment of the statutory fee of £1.00, payable under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, as amended in 2006.

With regard to your request for the sight of 'Deed of Assignment' between MBNA and Varde Investments (Ireland) Ltd, please note there is no requirement or obligation to provide you with a copy of the Agreement that provides for the assignment of your debts.

The Agreement is a Commercial Document entered into by the above parties and relates not only to your account but also to those of multitudinous alternative.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Really dont know how to respond to this ...have they got me by the short and curlies???

Thanks in advance

Jan

OK get

Ok Get the CCA request done asap.

Restate that you will only deal with

this in writing and contact by ANY

other means will be considered harassment

and if they continue to attempt contact by

phone you will complain to the OFT regarding

their failure to comply with your wishes as to

methods of contact.

As to the deed they are correct it is a sensitive

commercial document, a court may require it

to be produced, but that does not mean you

will be told the content.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks very much Brigadier....dont know how people cope without the likes of you and this site

Jan

Ta:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

two threads merged

please keep to ONE thread per debt

does this debt show on your CRA file?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just to add to the advice already given - you MUST get the CCA request in otherwise I guarantee that it will quickly get sent to IND who will be very swift in issuing papers. The lack of a CCA will be the only thing that stops that. I got on the wrong end of a case identical to this and there have been a number of similar ones lately with Varde Investments buying a lot of MBNA debts, employing Experto to chase then IND to go for a CCJ and immediately bang in an AoE.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

yes i think its about time our mate at IND got some attention like he got before i seem to remember?

your needto check oyur cra file too when your can to confirm those dates

dx

and they

But keep in the back of your mind, WHY has it taken them 6 months in which to reply to you, and why is it taking so long for them to take any legal action whatsoever??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

EXACTLY!! DO NOT REPLY - ALSO WHEN CALLING ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY IS SORRY I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS IS PLEASE REMOVE MY NUMBER FROMY OUR DATABASE, THEY HAVE TO IF THEY DON'T THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW WE WERE TOLD THIS SPECIFICALLY. THEY ALSO USE UNDERHAND TACTICS LIKE CALLING YOUR NEIGHBOURS TO SEE IF YOU ARE STILL AT THE PROPERTY......THE TRACE MANAGER WAS CALLED IAN

I used to work for these cowboys when I needed a job and lost my previous one. They s*it themselves if you know your in the right. Sarah is the collections manager demand ot speak to her, also if they phone the same number more than three times in a day it is classed as harassment, also they MUST accept any payment, Finally as they bulk buy debt they have a certain timeframe to collect payments before the "account" is passed back.

I rememeber I was useless........don't worry £1 a month will be fine

Appreciate you are giving informed advice acrasherkid, but the FIRST golden rule when dealing with third party clown outfits is to NEVER ever SPEAK TO THEM OVER THE PHONE, they purely and simply use the exact same tactics that they received from their school bully and somehow believe it works on adults??

Thats true........there system is set so that all notes are recorded, i.e. who answers, if not answered etc. I do remember them being very clear however in stating if someone states they do not who the receipient is and that they have recently gained the number then we are to delete it, which everyone did do (mainly me)

• 5 weeks later...

its a DCA!!

dx

and they