Decent traffic warden???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok this isnt really a problem, more of a surprising happy ending!!I work the door on Tib street in Manchester about a fortnight ago stopped 2 drunk pillocks starting on a young CEO doing the local street dishing out tickets etc (council warden)So forward to last week and I park in a loading bay that you can park in after 8 pm, fair enough, my back wheels where about 6 inches over the back line of the bay.Soon enough a ticket appears on windscreen.I collar the warden about ten minutes later and its the same one I stopped from getting a kicking.Somewhat amazingly, after appealing to his better nature, he took the ticket back and got rid of the ticket for me!!!I have NEVER seen a council warden back down before!!!Anyone else????

To be honest, I have no idea. I make no pretense of being an expert in the ways of parking wardens. He did say he had to be careful when to took the ticket back to do it off camera (theres a cctv right where I was parked/working) and he said hed just put in the machine that the driver returned and showed him a blue badge.He assured me that I wouldnt be chased for the ticket, but whether I do or not is still yet to be seen.If I get a notification through Im gonna go ape, but I have witnesses who saw himtake the ticket back off me at least lol.Who knows tbh, I might get a notice through which would mean hes lied, Ill just have to wait and see.All I know is he took the ticket back and that was the last I saw of it.

Sorry, call me cynical and all, but I work in Manchester and deal with Parking Services

all the time. Don't be surprised when a NTO turns up in a couple of weeks coz he simply

binned the ticket.. Just be aware that's all I'm saying..

Did you help him? If not, a missed opportunity. If he knew he could rely on you for help, he might be, lets say, flexible about overlooking the odd overstay. You scratch his back, he might scratch yours.
My prophesy from your other thread seems to have come true, lol. Would you like this weeks lottery numbers?

Wonder if Ill have grounds for appeal on the basis that he took the ticket and said he'd get shot of it?

I hope it does work out ok, but if he's binned it he'll have probably also written something in his

pocket book to cover his ass when there's a complaint..

There isn't anything they can do apart from lie and say they made a mistake and in reality why would they risk their job by implying incompetance to let a stranger off a parking ticket?

MAYBE, because that same stranger stopped him getting a beating!

I'm pretty sure a CEO can flag up a PCN as void so although it exists, it never gets progressed. But I don't know for sure how that works, which is why this will be an interesting one. More likely than not he'll get an NTO, but we'll see.

As I stated earlier it is possible for a CEO to void a spoilt PCN but this cannot be done on street it is done in the same way as a PCN is cancelled after an appeal by the office staff, it is flagged as a spoilt PCN when returning to the office with the reason for it being spoilt. Reasons usually accepted for voiding PCNs would be a typo wrong VRM etc or the wrong location not that the driver asked you to cancel it. A PCN is allocated a unique identifyling number in sequence when the PCN is started to be issued it is not therefore possible to just stop issuing a PCN once commenced the software that generates the PCN would not allow it. Obviously in extreme circumstances as in this case the CEO could make up a reason for voiding the PCN.

Ive no idea about the rules. as for michaels prophecy, nearly but not quite. I decided against using the ncp car park, and have been using the loading bay over the roasd. This was a council ticket and not a private one tho, so itll have more legs if it does stick.Im sure that theres something about appealing on the grounds of the CEO's misconduct in taking back the ticket if I do get a notice.If I do get a notice I think Ill not stop him getting a kicking next time.....................