cancelling ongoing barclay loan ppi & reclaiming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, My gran has written to to cancel and claim back the ppi on her ongoing barclays loan. They

sent the usual letter back which is fine. The problem is there was no mention of cancelling the current

monthly payment. When she rang them she forgot an answer to a security question so they refused to

deal with her over the phone. Theyve put a note on to stop her getting any info over the phone. She has

been told she needs to go to the branch with the usual ID to have the block lifted. It says in the terms

and conditions she can cancel the ppi at any time but the bank have arranged the appointment for the

end of next month. This means three payments will have been taken by the time she see's someone. As

the original letter asking to cancel the ppi was received by them the beginning of last month. She was

told when she made the appointment that the ppi was still active and the loan would need to be

recalculated. The person who deals with this is on holiday (yes, I wish I worked for barclays too !)

Can someone advise me how to request an earlier appointment and how she can avoid taking out a

completely new loan, as this is apparently what they are planning to get her to do.

no it wont be a new loan, but a restructure of the old one.

pers, i'd not bother with doing it by phone

have alook at the FOS website

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

do a complaint form and an soc [spreadsheet of charges]

and start again.

also have a look at the barclays forum too .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Barclays may well tell your gran she needs to take out a new loan, but under no circumstances should she agree to it.

Rules are quite simple, she can and has put in writing she wants to cancel the ppi, if the person dealing with it is on holiday that is their bad luck.

Assuming she has kept a copy of the letter, no need to take any further action at this time. Wait for the next monthly repayment to go out of her account and if it is for the same amount recall the direct debit.

Under the direct debit guarantee anyone has the right to recall a direct debit they feel is incorrect.

Do this a few times and I guarantee barclays will soon get their act together.

Good luck

DJ

Thanks for that Dj, sorting out complaint at moment as advised by dx. Also she has signed a form

authorising me to deal with it all, makes it easier for her. Really grateful for your post, never even

crossed my mind to recall DD, your right we have copies of everything original letter and recorded

delivery receipts etc. Hopefully can get it sorted now.

Thanks again Claire x