I have two bailiffs on my drive at the momment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two vans just arrived about 1 hour ago,

I have not let them in nor spoke with them.

I have only asked them to stop harassing us, my wife has just had to have her leg amputated and has had to retire from work due to ill health and she has asked them via a written message to stop harassing a vulnerable person.

Having asked them to leave our property they did not and they have stated they are waiting to get a locksmith to gain entry to an outbuilding which is my workplace. This is clearly signed in a company name and contains only materials and equipment for my business.

Having not left at our request we have now blocked the entrance to our property with a car.

What rights do they have can we park a car on our property anywhere we like!

What should we do.

Obviously early replies will be appreciated as they are here!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife has again just asked them to leave and stop harassing her and told her to stay in the house as they will only deal with the gentleman. I have not given them my name nor responded to them calling my name. Having asked them to leave twice what can we do as my wife is now getting upset. They have been here 2 hours and told her they have a locksmith coming in 5 minutes. Should, if the locksmith attends, I photograph them gaining entrance into an obvious business premesis.

Cheers for any advice.

load of cobberes

they cant use a locksmith anyhow

they are bluffing.

ask to see i'd

and CALL THE POLICE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh and photograph them anyway now.

have you had court papers about this debt>??

did you know they were comingf?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can the bailiff take a child's musical instrument what age is the child? did the child touch the bailiff trying to retrieve the sax, or as stated the bailiff grabbed the child? in this case the bailiff may well have assaulted your child but he may claim the child assaulted him also to gain police sympathy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Did you defend the Court Case with the builder? If yes, then you have very little recourse here - you'll continue to be hounded by these people unless you can prove that you don't own any assets that are either of sufficient value, or are protected items, or belong to someone (or a company) else.

If you're a sole trader, they could potentially take any materials you have that are worth anything, but wouldn't be able to take any tools. There are certain protected items for a household also.

so how did this pan out?

dx

and they

Police attended and asked me to give them goods to the equivalent of the judgement. 4 hours later 3 police and 2 bailiffs and locksmith. Ended with police agreeing with bailiffs opened the door before they drilled it. They took exercise equipment belonging to disabled wife and some equipment for my business. Walk in possession on other equipment and a two cars, one does not belong to me other used for transport to work.

Police stayed throughout "only to prevent a breach of the peace"

Bailiff issued us with a

High court enforcement group ltd notice of seizure removed and inventory

Judgement debt

Judgement costs

Attendance / removal costs £960.00

Locksmith £240.00 + VAT

Storage TBC

Are these fees chargeable the locksmith was not used.

Also levied two cars one used to get to work and one registered to someone else and some equipment essential to my work

Edited by Anthony22

Did you point out to them the walking possession on the car that didn't belong to you was invalid? And that the car was covered under the tools of trade restraint clause on their actions?

Did you point out to them the walking possession on the car that didn't belong to you was invalid? And that the car was covered under the tools of trade restraint clause on their actions?

Did, but made no difference still levied

Had some great advice from people on here, you know who you are, thank you!! though feel police are totally unhelpful basically asking us to allow them entry, can anyone comment on fees they think they will charge.

Edited by Anthony22

Had some great advice from people on hear, you know who you are, thank you!! though feel police are totally unhelpful basically asking us to allow them entry, can anyone comment on fvees they think they will charge.

unfortunately the police often forget they are only there to keep the peace and actively assist the bailiff, as you pointed out certain items were exempt from levy, so the whole levy is probably invalid anyway. Others like tomtubby, and ploddertom who have already assisted you will be able to clarify and point your way forward.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Sorry to hear this has panned out like this.

Going back to the very beginning I assume you knew about the original CCJ? When it wa awarded against you was it a "forthwith" Judgment or did you ask to be able to pay in instalments. If you disputed the Judgment what steps did you take?

Your claimant has taken the steps he has as no payment has been received and consequently had the original CCJ transferred up into a High Court Writ. It is normal practice for them just to arrive. I also assume as they have removed goods you were in no position to pay the sums asked for.

Thinking about some of the goods that have been removed - the equipment of your wife's was it an aid to her recovery, if so was it provided as such and along with any other items is it on finance. Were any of the goods or material removed from your workplace purchased on account or do you have clear title. The vehicle that is not yours - you must inform the owner immediately and they must file a claim that it belongs to them - they must provide proof of this.

Is it possible you can raise the funds to pay this off before your goods may be sold. The difficulty will be the added fees for removal & storage.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]