Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Speaking from my own experience working briefly in a charity shop, I was given the H&S rules guidance by the shop manageress, then when the WP guy came to visit, he too had a H&S form which we went through and verified that I'd been given all the gen by the shop, so it seems both the Employer and the WP have responsibility. I'd imagine the WP would have to check up on the H&S of any placement before sending people there..or they should be anyway.

As to the benefits advisor's role, I haven't a clue - I'm sure Flumps will clarify that part for us.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FLUMPS

Who has the ultimate responsibility if a work placement has been made which was totally unacceptable. The benefit advisor, the work placement agent, or the shop being assigned to work for

I am talking of a benefit advisor not informing the work place adviser that the claimant was registered disabled and on crutches, and that the work place provider just sends a letter telling the claimant to report to xyz with no prior contact

I am going down the lines of risk assessments, management of health and safety at work regs etc

See post 5 by me here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?342677-Disability-discrimination-from-public-bodies

H&S act 74, Disability Discrimination Act 85 (?) & Equality Act 2010. There's a post by me probably in a Nysty thread although probably repeated that explains how you do this. The site that can not be named is also advocating this approach for WFI and Work Program issues.

FLUMPS

Who has the ultimate responsibility if a work placement has been made which was totally unacceptable. The benefit advisor, the work placement agent, or the shop being assigned to work for

I am talking of a benefit advisor not informing the work place adviser that the claimant was registered disabled and on crutches, and that the work place provider just sends a letter telling the claimant to report to xyz with no prior contact

I am going down the lines of risk assessments, management of health and safety at work regs etc

There is also the issue of tax fraud and tax avoidance to address.... according to DWP Provider Guidance,

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-part-p.pdf

3.13 It is not necessary (although it’s desirable wherever possible) for the placement to be in the same sector or type of work as the customer’s job goal, as MWA is designed to help the customer develop disciplines associated with employment. Customers cannot choose their placements.

3.15 Placements must be additional to any existing or expected vacancies. You must ensure that employers are not taking advantage of MWA as a source of labour at the expense of employing workers in the open labour market.

Hi all

Was just wondering if Ingeus can make me go into their offices and do 2hour plus jobsearch, even if i have internet access at home, i have told them many times i jobsearch at home, and it is a waste of my time and busfare (i know we get travel back but i have to save it out of my bit money to get there in the first place) to keep going weekly to sit in the overheated hot office and look for hours at the only handful of jobs that are out there....was just wondering if any of you guys/gals know if it is deffo mandortary. Thank you.

Hi all

Was just wondering if Ingeus can make me go into their offices and do 2hour plus jobsearch, even if i have internet access at home, i have told them many times i jobsearch at home, and it is a waste of my time and busfare (i know we get travel back but i have to save it out of my bit money to get there in the first place) to keep going weekly to sit in the overheated hot office and look for hours at the only handful of jobs that are out there....was just wondering if any of you guys/gals know if it is deffo mandortary. Thank you.

Attending their offices to do a jobsearch isn't Mandatory in that everyone on WP has to do it, though your advisor may have made it Mandatory for you. Of course, they have certain rules to follow to make an appointment Mandatory. See chapter 3 Here

I've been on WP for nearly 12 months now and have never done a job search at their offices. I told them when I was first put on the program I needed to do any jobsearch from home because all the info I need to fill in application forms was on my PC and I also worked from previous cover letters when writing a new one. They were fine with that.

Hey Stikky62

Thanks for the quick reply, i have been with Ingeus for almost 2yrs and have mentioned many times i can jobsearch at home yet they still make me go into town (Newcastle) or Gateshead office, but never know if it's Mandortary, i will now check out the info you gave me and have another chat with my 6th advisor haha, thanks again for your help.

..plus according to the DWP WP guidelines, everything Ingeus ask you to do must be 'reasonable in your circumstances'. I'd argue it was definitely unreasonable to get you to trail in and do something you could do perfectly well at home. Plus, by having you there, they're possibly denying a place to someone who doesn't have a pc or internet at home and who needs it more than you do. Worth mentioning that to them - even offer to email them details of jobs you apply for as proof (minus the employers addresses naturally, which is what Ingeus really want so they can claim they found you the job and be paid for it).

You'd think they'd be trying to save the expenses money as much as possible, not wasting it when there was no need.

Well went in to Ingeus today with all intentions of asking my Advisor about the job searching at home, never got the chance was put straight on PCs by the receptionist, then after i was there for half a hour my advisor came over and told me he wanted a word, asked me if i have had any luck, i answered then he took my bus ticket photo copied it and told me to go?, was there less than 40mins... took longer to travel there and back....waste of time and energy...plus there were around 15 people waiting to use PCs yet they were all booked out. As i was leaving i said see you next week, advisor replied "if i'm still here" i asked what he meant he looked at me and just shook his head said "you never know what might happen" So wondering if he is sick of job and leaving or some of them are getting the push as they now know it's not working.

[...]was put straight on PCs by the receptionist

Errmm.. A lowly receptionist has neither the authority or the powers to mandate anyone to do a job search or anything else. If it happens again, decline the "invite" and insist on seeing the "adviser" as per appointment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I think what probably happened was that the receptionist just ticked Lorise's name off the attendance list, saw she was down for jobsearch and said 'Okay, grab a free computer'. Happened to me a few times - the advisors expect you to just turn up and get on with it and though it would have been polite to be greeted by my advisor, my view is the less contact I have with them the better!

Advisors have far better things to do than greet us anyway..there's the lunchtime sandwiches to order, holiday discussion, arranging a staff night out, writing new presentations littered with spelling errors, etc.

I and a few others will be finishing our two years with Ingeus early July. My thoughts turn to what will happen then. With Charities and retailers pulling out of the workfare programme and the governement not planning on failure it makes me wonder how this will all pan out for us. Would FLUMPS be able to find out if the New Enterprise Scheme be available to returnees to the JCP. As it stands we cannot access this scheme on the WP and my advisors have been less than encouraging with help to achieve my ambitions.

I and a few others will be finishing our two years with Ingeus early July. My thoughts turn to what will happen then. With Charities and retailers pulling out of the workfare programme and the governement not planning on failure it makes me wonder how this will all pan out for us. Would FLUMPS be able to find out if the New Enterprise Scheme be available to returnees to the JCP. As it stands we cannot access this scheme on the WP and my advisors have been less than encouraging with help to achieve my ambitions.

The new regulations coming into place at the end of April (part of Welfare Reform) decree that candidates must spend 35 hours per week on job search or "preparing to enter the jobs market".... and I suspect that, depending on the subjective opinion of a Job Centre Plus Clerk, that candidates may be encouraged to seek "Voluntary Work" (an oxymoron if a Job Seekers Direction is issued) or subject to "Mandatory Work Activity". When finishing the Work Programme, candidates may need to sign a "Universal Credit Claimant Commitment" when returning to the Job Centre.

On an aside issue, the new regulations governing training in FE Colleges mean that, if a FE course at Level 3/4 is no longer financed by the Local Authority (for example), then a candidate may negotiate a Student Loan (as with undergraduates) which need not be repaid until you finish the course and earn £21K per annum.

The New Enterprise Allowance Scheme is still restricted - but, if you have a business idea, best to seek Professional Advice locally.

The new regulations coming into place at the end of April (part of Welfare Reform) decree that candidates must spend 35 hours per week on job search or "preparing to enter the jobs market".... and I suspect that, depending on the subjective opinion of a Job Centre Plus Clerk, that candidates may be encouraged to seek "Voluntary Work" (an oxymoron if a Job Seekers Direction is issued) or subject to "Mandatory Work Activity". When finishing the Work Programme, candidates may need to sign a "Universal Credit Claimant Commitment" when returning to the Job Centre.

On an aside issue, the new regulations governing training in FE Colleges mean that, if a FE course at Level 3/4 is no longer financed by the Local Authority (for example), then a candidate may negotiate a Student Loan (as with undergraduates) which need not be repaid until you finish the course and earn £21K per annum.

The New Enterprise Allowance Scheme is still restricted - but, if you have a business idea, best to seek Professional Advice locally.

Hi Rebecca and thanks for the heads up, it will be an interesting few months.. I am currently on mandatory course catch up. I have 'Interview Skills' on Friday (last week was BTEC Level 1 Work Skills-I did this voluntary as it funds my Sage50 course), so will be going over the same ground with Friday course as I covered Interview Skills last week with 96% grade. I have another in a few weeks time. Must admit I have been left alone on Ingeus, been in to do jobsearch and spec letter under my own steam, I may as well use their internet and postage!

You've lost me G4C? who works for Evanta?

A friend I used to work with, I spoke to him last week and he said he got a new job helping people get work , he said it was evanta (or something like that) I said 'no not 1 of them places'

http://www.avanta.uk.com/jobseekers

Avanta are Work Programme, not in my part of the world though.

I just looked at their site, all the usual carp.

How we work with you

Once you’ve been referred to us by Jobcentre Plus, we focus on understanding the kind of job that will match your circumstances. We focus on the skills, qualifications and work experience that you already have and agree the type of support that’s right for you.

Then, we work closely with you to agree a plan of action to help to make it all happen - we’re with you every step of the way.

loosely translated that means, we will ignore any skills or experience you have and push you into a call centre or retail job.

We work with you and with local and national employers so that we know exactly what vacancies are available – even if they haven’t been advertised yet.

The usual 'secret jobs' rubbish.

We also make sure that we understand their company culture, the type of people they’re looking for and the skills they that expect them to have or develop on the job.

So they have watched supermarket sweep at some point and have an in-depth knowledge of the retail industry.

Another set of clowns.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.