Orange are trying to collect over £4500 for Data

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know what to do I have been to Cisas and they did not help at all

in fact they just said I used the data.

But Orange sold me a phone and this HTC just downloaded without my knowledge.

Orange did not send me any warnings and told me they don't have to .

They just sent me a bill for over £4200 now its been passed to a debt company with a 72 hour warning

I have never not paid a bill so I have no idea how to handle this .

I ned to know what kind of organisation can now help me

Hi Orange

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

If you are disputing the bill, then send a letter to Orange stating the reasons why. Send it Recorded. When you get the final answer from them, theres further info here.

Can we have a little more information to enable us to advise?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

the HTC handsets do use alot of data but they normally come with a good talk plan that allows 'unlimited data', i can only presume that you didnt have any kind of internet bundle in your talk plan or added extra to the account? for the amount you have quoted the handset must have been using data 24/7

The views expressed on this website are mine alone and don't reflect the views of my employer!

You can get an Android app from the market place called 'Apn on-off'. This will allow you to turn on and off the phone's data connection at will. I use it and have it off at home as I use wifi and I only switch it on when I'm out as and when I need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats odd. My phone with orange is a HTC mozart and it certainly was sold in the store to me as comming with unlimited data yet only 750mb. Funny enough orange are disputing that of course.

Funny enough orange try to reassure us that there is little risk of exceeding 750mb and that when your data gets to 90% of the cap you were never told you had in my case they are supposed TO SEND AN text to wArn yOU. I recorded that little byte today in my quest.

Dont have to warn you eh, seems another case of one says this one says that, hhhmmmmmm. Store manager of milton keynes today told me they are supposed to text you to prevent such problems trying to reasure me in that the so called unlimited internet is now not unlimited but you wont go over it passifying basically:evil:

Reminds me of the time when my leather sofas arrived form scs and there was a great big scratch down one and in other places. The manager came out had the cheak to put her arm around my shoulder and said i can hardly see it my dear dont worry you can trust us no one will notice it. It was inches long and a hole she really did care for me didnt she, moo:x

Cant trust anything nowadays to be as orange executive tell you not to go by what told verbally in the milton keynes ornage stores hhmmmmm........taped it too, as if I was stupid to go by that and trust them..........

Op hope you are okay, if still fighting them I would like you to pm me if you want. They should have warned you at 90% of your usage, quoted by the manager of the milton keynes store xx

If they did not tough on them isnt it :)

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

have moved thread to "telecoms fixed and mobile" forum as requested :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yellow160 :)

No such thing, the reps call it unlimited, but funny enough it is limited :-o

Recorded a call recently where one sales man was telling me when I asked why after pretending to be a potential customer, why did he neglect to mention the 750mb after so spiritly and keenly saying no worries as long as not on it ten hours a day then you will not go over, hhmmmm, bit vague I thought and naughty.

Another told me that the reason he did not mention the cap, recorded of course was the fact that he had never known anyone exceed 750mb in one month.

How much does 4000,00 odd use I wonder. Thats some data bill.

Seriously though with what I have if you are still in stuck you could refer them to mine and your thread.

Out of interset were you sold the phone with UNLIMITED data, were you informed of the cap?

I know I was not and they are blaming me for that fact.

Make sure you record all calls with orange, as one will not say the same as the other and the executive office dont care.

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011

This problem was outlined by Dom littlejohn last week.

When you signed up for the contract, there would have been a credit limit on the account. You need to check this limit, it is normally £250. You are only liable for the credit limit!

Jogs

Is there not a case here of misrepresentation complaints to OFT and trading standards are indicated.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I dumped Orange for misleading statements made in their premise and got it all wiped out

Ive recorded them at it and they still are playing hard ball, perhaps they dont think I have really recorded them , hahahahahaha:lol:

True call i do love you.

Even just thse few theads show how varied they are with what told so anyone could be forgiven for being misled and upset with fobbed off.

This problem was outlined by Dom littlejohn last week.

When you signed up for the contract, there would have been a credit limit on the account. You need to check this limit, it is normally £250. You are only liable for the credit limit!

Jogs

Mobile phones contracts aren't credit agreements and they do not have credit limits, in fact as far as I'm aware Orange and some of the other networks do not offer to cap your usage at any level. If the original poster has been through CISAS then they have completed the final stage of Orange's complaints procedure, their only other option now would be legal action, I doubt after you've finished Orange's complaints procedure they'll carry on dealing with the complaint.

I have a taped call where orange store manager states that they to prevent going over the limit send a warning out when the 90% point of usage is reached to prevent that sort of thing happening, as in my case I was arguing unlimited should be exactly that.

Were talking about roaming data here not UK data, roaming data is not included in any tariff that I'm aware of and as the networks get billing data in batches from the network your using whilst abroad I doubt any of them undertake to limit usage. They can get billing data for roaming particually in obscure places days, weeks or in extreme cases months until after you've used the service, that being the case they can't cap expenditure whilst roaming, in many cases by the time the networks get the charges its too late to place a cap.I'm not going to comment on the specifics of your complaint with Orange because I haven't the time or paitence to review the 70+??? posts you've added to the forum about it. But here's some advice for free, if Orange have set out their postion and you can't or won't agree with it either take the matter to arbitration if that option is available, take the matter to court or let the matter lie.

Were talking about roaming data here not UK data, roaming data is not included in any tariff that I'm aware of and as the networks get billing data in batches from the network your using whilst abroad I doubt any of them undertake to limit usage. They can get billing data for roaming particually in obscure places days, weeks or in extreme cases months until after you've used the service, that being the case they can't cap expenditure whilst roaming, in many cases by the time the networks get the charges its too late to place a cap.I'm not going to comment on the specifics of your complaint with Orange because I haven't the time or paitence to review the 70+??? posts you've added to the forum about it. But here's some advice for free, if Orange have set out their postion and you can't or won't agree with it either take the matter to arbitration if that option is available, take the matter to court or let the matter lie.

N***** *y* and kiss xx :lol:

IN human rights :)You are now formally given premissin if watching investigations post annoy you so much you feel you are going to imploed to not reply, you may use this statement as your evidence as to be able to unless post a constructive comment as you seem unable to with her, to not reply and keep stumm:whoo:

:jaw::!:

i know but inhuman has been attacking me and well fight or flight, hey we all dont like someone but we dont need to attack and be viscious. I should have been a mentally ill comic, could have made my millions.

Look up 'fascinating aida' on itunes and they have a song, it goes and makes me laugh in stiches every time,

Put your head between your legs

and kiss your N***** e** goodbye

Bit risk but if ever down just sing along and you cant help but smile.

The post was in admiration not shock at your response I believe you are entirely correct.!!!!!!!!!

The post was in admiration not shock at your response I believe you are entirely correct.!!!!!!!!!

Oh I know that its okay my friend. I suppose I am fed up of rolling into a ball when kicked and knew it was not you but inhuman having a go xxxx

Fascinating aida are hillarious.

They also have a brill ditty about the herpes tangoxx