HFO Services Barclaycard/Warrant Of Execution

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an old Barclaycard debt that I think is over the 6-year mark but am not sure. I have moved around a lot over the last few years and have not thought anything about it for a long time. Out of the blue I got a letter from HFO Services, which was sent to my parents house where my bank account and other credit cards are registered. I am not listed on the electoral roll as living at this address or any mobile phone bills, utilities etc, so I don't know how they traced me to my parent’s house. The Barclaycard was never registered at this address. The original Barclaycard bill was for between £400-600. HFO want £1238.52!

A telephone agent from HFO called my Dad last week, he told them I did not live at this address, even though I do at the moment. The agent said they would report him to the police for allowing me to use the address illegally. Can I find out if this debt is statute barred without contacting HFO? If it is still active should I ignore the letters until I reach the 6-year mark? Can they apply for a CCJ against me without my acknowledging them? I really don’t want to mess up my credit. They have sent me out a letter, which I assume is “standard” informing me they will seek a Warrant of Execution against me.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The agent said they would report him to the police for allowing me to use the address illegally.
The usual HFO codswollop.
Can I find out if this debt is statute barred without contacting HFO?
Check your credit file, if there's nothing there there's nothing to worry unduly about.
They have sent me out a letter, which I assume is “standard” informing me they will seek a warrant of execution against me.
I didn't realise they executed debtors... seriously tho'.. they would have needed to have obtained a CCJ which you have defaulted on before they can apply to a court for permission to enforce.

HFO are well known for their drivel so take with a pinch of salt. It sounds as if this is more than likely SB and they are trying to intimidate you into making payment.

Hi and welcome

HFO act in a very threatening manner with their untruthful calls and letters.

You must report this to OFT as they are breaking guidelines. never speak to HFO on the phone, unless you can record the calls and tell your family the same. Log all calls and keep all letters plus the envelope they came in.

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ mark complaint for the attention of James Waldron

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

To sort out your immediate issues I would suggest that you ring Barclaycard asap and ask them when the last payment was made also exactly to whom and when they sold this account - this is very important. The number is below, you may have to verify your id and addresses. Ask them to confirm anything they tell you in writing. Also sent a SAR request to Barclaycard, costs a tenner but weil worth it. You need the inform from Barclaycard in the first incstance in order to establish if this is SB. There are steps you can take with HFO such as send a CCA request to see if this is enforcable but lets see what BC say first.

Barclaycard

Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

There are some other numbers if you get nowhere with these

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply.

Standard SAR.doc

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I suppose it is too early to ring Barclaycard. Somebody within Barclaycard NOW has to take responsibility for the bunch of charlatans they have 'employed' to chase their old debts. I wonder how much Barclaycard get for each debt HFO claims and milks the poor unsuspecting consumer on.

Perhaps if a debt is 'sold' ONLY the arrears should be sold and not the principal sum.... would make a much fairer playing field.

I called Barclaycard this morning. The last contact I had with Barclaycard was 06 and they sold the debt to HFO in 2007. It looks like it will be active until 2012, what do I do now? Should I just pay it? They want £1238.52, the card limit was not more than £600.

I still have no idea how they traced me to my parents address. If my name is not on the electrol roll etc will I be safe from a CJD? Really worried now.

Help!

Have they ever sent a statement on an annual basis, as they are obliged to do? No.

Did they tell you at the time of assignment that the account had been assigned? No.

Therefore they cannot claim ANY interest on this to date. They can only claim from the time they inform you of the assignment, which is very recent.

What was the balance when Barclaycard sold it? Did you ask Barclaycard exactly who they sold it to, and exactly when?

Did Barclays tell you the exact date and the exact name of the HFO company sold to? This is significant. Also are they confirming this in writing?

I think that you need to still send the SAR request ASAP. I would also recommend a CCA request to HFO - this will enable you to put the account in dispute unless they can produce an executable credit ageement. They cannot take legal action unless they properly fulfil this request. If they do send something let us know.

Don't forgot to make some complaints

CCA Request

CCA letter to send with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery, do not sign. They have 12 plus 2 working days to reply. If nothing valid is received you can send a letter to put the account in dispute and this should stop them contacting you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter

Account in Dispute letter to send after 12 plus 2 working days

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

donate

I have noticed recently, Barclaycard saying sold to HFO Services, address 165 The Broadway and SAR,s showing a lack of info who account was sold, Barclaycard have a lot to answer as HFO seem to be pulling their strings, where did the Barclaycard Rep disappear to?

The good thing though, never yet seen a Barclaycard to Services sale agreement.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Makes you wonder... I know that elsewhere HFO have admitted that accounts were sold to Roxburghe, but claimed that Roxburghe was the same company as HFO Services. Doesn’t matter – they are claiming the assignment was to HFO Capital, not Services – and it almost certainly was not.

Will do the SAR today. I think I may have had something from Roxburghe a few years ago.

you could do with finding that.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

It is very admirable that you wish to settle your debts and I would, in no way, support 'debt avoidance' BUT you have to ensure that this company has a right to your money and if you do settle it, you not not being charged well over the amount they are entitled to claim, with added interest and charges.

Companies like HFO act in a way as to pressurise you into paying 'just to get rid of them' and this is not acceptable behaviour. You must not let them get to you, send the CCA request and hopefully, this will stop them contacting you and avoid legal action.

donate

I have just found out that HFO services have looked at my Experian report. How can they do this? Can they post anything negative on the there? My credit is very good and I don't want them messing it up. They are making me more and more angry every day! I have just completed the cca and sar.

If there is nothing on the CRA from BC or HFO, it is very unlikely that they can add anything at this stage. What is the reason for the search and is it in the section that affects your credit rating? It looks like they are 'phishing' to find data on you. more reason for reporting them

donate

Following this with interest....HFO are stalking me too. I will start my own thread when the time is right. I know what I am doing (to a degree) as I have fought off many others so far.

HFO, like other debt purchasers unfortunately have the right to conduct a search of your credit file if you owe them money. All CRA's offer services towards the debt collectors - they make a lot of money this way.

HFO, like other debt purchasers unfortunately have the right to conduct a search of your credit file if you owe them money. All CRA's offer services towards the debt collectors - they make a lot of money this way.

Not quite, they need your permission to carry out a search. They reckon that you would have given that permission to the OC and therefore they have that implied right. In my case I oppose the fact that HFO have the case on their books as it has been in dispute for many years, that means they don't have permission, implied or otherwise, to search my credit record and they've been reported for that offence.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.