Hfo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help?

I am getting harrassed by these people at my work place saying I owe them money. I quickly told them to write to me explaining what this before hanging up. I work for the NHS and am not allowed phone calls at work. They are ringing me everyday now and my Manager is getting very suspicious of me keep hanging up. I am scared I will get the sack.

Please help

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is another tactic calculated to embarrass you and humiliate you and stress you.

Keep a log of every telephone call you receive – including date time and anything that is said.

Write a very formal letter requiring that they stop all phone calls and they only communicate with you in writing. Make sure that it is clear on the letter that you make a copy for the OFT and for trading standards will stop

In your letter let them know that if there is any continuation of their telephone harassment of you that you will make formal complaints.

However, make formal complaints anyway. Send a letter of complaint to the OFT and a letter of complaint to trading standards. Do this immediately. Send it by recorded delivery. Let us know if it continues

dx waves to the 6 guests.........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What’s the account? Is this the first time you have heard from HFO? Have they ever written to you? As Broken Arrow says, tell us all you can.

Contact your local trading standards asap and complain about the telephone harassment at work.

With a bit of luck, we’ll have these shysters closed down soon. They are sailing incredibly close to the wind.

Ive never heard anything from them before they started last week calling me at work. They go through our hospital switchboard asking for me by name. I share an office and couldn't go into detail with them on the phone about who the debt is to etc just asked them to write to me giving me details. I have since then just been hanging up on them as I cannot talk in my office when I share with other Secretaries. Today I went out for lunch and one of the other Secretaries took a call from them asking me to phone them immediately and told her they were called HFO. I have told them I cannot take calls at work and not to phone me again but they do. My manager called me into the office on Friday to inform me that we are not allowed private calls at work so obviously she has got wind of this. I cannot afford to lose my job since there is just my wage coming into the house and I have my teens to support. I am worried sick. I saw threads on here after googling HFO to see if I could get an address for them. I have copied a letter from on here and at the end have put - If you continue to harrass me at my place of work then I will take legal action.

Well, that’s a good start. But DO report them to your local trading standards and to the OFT.

The fact that they are phoning without writing or providing any kind of notice of assignment is completely out of order.

HFO are the lowest of the low, a truly despicable bunch of cowboys operating outside the industry guidelines. They should be closed down. I’d like to say what I really think, but under 18s can read this.

Broken arrow it could well be. I got in a bit of a mess a couple of years ago but did go through a debt management place. Could be something I have missed but if they wrote to me at home and I have given them my address then I could deal with it. I just cant through work time!

Where do I go about reporting them as I cannot have them lose my job for me which is where this will lead if this continues?

I will address the letter to Alasdair Turnbull tomorrow when I send it. Can they take me to court even if I don't get the opportunity to sort it out with them?

Contact these people tomorrow

Trading Standards via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

and ask them to report this to Trading Standards and the OFT (office of fair trading)

If you have not received any letters at all fom HFO it sounds like they are 'fishing' and could very well have the wrong person. Harassment at work is a serious matter and needs to be reported

Here is a letter you can adapt to suit and say you have been receiving calls at work and this is not acceptable. As HFO have not written to you - send it for the attention of A. Turnbull c/o

Highland House

165 The Broadway

London

SW19 1NE

England

Send recorded delivery and keep copies and reciept

Harassment Letter

To stop those annoying phone calls

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

They cannot take you to court and win if they have not given you notification of what this is about, let us know if you receive any correspondence

donate

They cannot take you to court and win if they have not given you notification of what this is about, let us know if you receive any correspondence

I have just got home from work to find a letter from HFO stating I owe £2583.78 for a credit card many years ago. I cannot recall ever owing this amount on the card and to be honest thought it had been cleared ( I could well be mistaken). All that is attached to it is an address search from econsumerview showing my old addresses. On the letter they state that they want payment of this within 3 days or they will apply for a warrant of execution and secure an order to obtain information etc and send bailiffs to my home to seize my assets.

I sent a letter to them recorded delivery today from the templates on here with a postal order for £1 asking for the CCA and also a letter on harassment at work as they continue to phone my workplace.

What do I do now? Any ideas?

This is HFO at their worst. Don't worry about warrant of executions and bailiffs. HFO have no legal powers, only a Judge can send bailiffs after a CCJ is awarded and then enforcement granted if you fail to comply. you are no where near this so don't worry.

Their is a lot of milleage to go yet.

Was this card part of your DMP? I have seen a number of cases where people go through DMP and then have DCA's chasing the debts later on

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

Alllow 12 plus 2 working days for a response to your CCA request. Did you send this recorded delivery? Let us know if you receive anything. If they do not send an executable credit agreement you can put the account in dispute, there is a letter for this.

can you tell us who this account was originally with as you need to make some enquiries with the original creditor?

Also get some complaints off to OFT about the calls and letter, particularly the credit report

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ mark complaint for the attention of James Waldron

There is a thread on complaining to Experian

Receipt of e-consumerview report complaints

Link to a CAG thread on experian and complaining, there is a sample letter in there

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ment&highlight=

donate

This is HFO at their worst. Don't worry about warrant of executions and bailiffs. HFO have no legal powers, only a Judge can send bailiffs after a CCJ is awarded and then enforcement granted if you fail to comply. you are no where near this so don't worry.

Their is a lot of milleage to go yet.

Was this card part of your DMP? I have seen a number of cases where people go through DMP and then have DCA's chasing the debts later on

To be honest I really cannot remember. We are talking about 8 years ago. I did sent the letter off asking for the CCA and sent off the postal order which I had crossed etc and recorded delivery. Do you think I should wait now then?

I think that you need to make enquiries to Monument - send them a SAR request to get all the info on this, it is well worth a tenner particularly when you are dealing with HFO. It may also be worth ringing Monument to see if they will tell you anything over the phone about who they sold this to and when. Get this confirmed in writing. I don't have any contact details for Monument.

SAR Request

Subject access request letter attached to send with £10 postal order - send recorded delivery and sign over the dotted area at the bottom. They have 40 days to reply. Adapt the last paragraph to give any previous addresses that the OC may have and attach a copy of a utility bill or they will write back and ask for one.

General SAR template.doc

donate

Yes - been trying to google them and I think it does. Ring Barclaycard on the number below and check with them that they have a record of it. Ask them the questions and when the last payment was made. Then send the SAR to BC

Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

donate