Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited - What do you think?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have made a few posts on here about BLS and the fact that my debt has now been passed to this lot. I have started a new thread as I thought it may get a few replies hopefully. This is my original post

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251522-Bls-Collections-Help-Needed-Please&p=3170138&highlight=#post3170138

Ok, this arrived yesterday and I suppose I just want a bit of reasurrance really that it is ok just to carry on and ignore them as I know that they will start to be very persistent or shall I send them a letter?. Can they really confirm my occupancy at my address with a major public utility as they state at the bottom of the letter?

Moorcroft.jpg

Many thanks for all your continued help

Just rang them and asked why this is on their letters, the poor lad had no idea, and couldn't get passed his first line on his script 'can I have your moorcroft reference number please?'

"No you can't but you can explain to me why you think you can breach Data Protection and use Utility companies to check the address of alleged debtors"

Wouldn't discuss it without an account number, so just told him I'll pass on the evidence to the ICO and the OFT to investigate.

Now I'm going to have to check and see if utility companies do in fact sell these details to DCA's.....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just rang them and asked why this is on their letters, the poor lad had no idea, and couldn't get passed his first line on his script 'can I have your moorcroft reference number please?'

"No you can't but you can explain to me why you think you can breach Data Protection and use Utility companies to check the address of alleged debtors"

Wouldn't discuss it without an account number, so just told him I'll pass on the evidence to the ICO and the OFT to investigate.

Now I'm going to have to check and see if utility companies do in fact sell these details to DCA's.....

nice one :-)

LEAVE THE POOR BOY ALONE BAZOOKA BOO

HE IS ONLY A MINOR:razz:

Fortunately I had a very hectic weekend, and the next two weeks look just as busy too, so no DCA baiting for a while....:tsk:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not been on of late, just very busy until after next weekend, been checking their fees, and there claim of £100 for the sols cost of issuing a claim form, can only be claimed where the amount in question is above £5,000.

You might want to cover the barcode in your letter as you can be identified by that!

They probably don't even know that it's there let alone what it's used for, bless em, don't forget this is the very inept uneducated and laughable Moorcroft were talking about....come on trolls, try and defend the fools...I dare ya!:lol:

Standard Moorcoft letters... You'll get the Midas Legal one next, another part of Moorcroft.. it might go quiet, but then Moorcroft will start again. Next you'll get a GOOD NEWS letter from Home Collection Services where the good news is that you can clear the "debt" with an interest free option or a substantial discount... oh and Home Collection Services are another subsidary of guess who!!

• 2 weeks later...