UKPC Parking Fine help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was parked at my partners new flat one evening and he did not yet have his parking permits from his landlord. A UKPC attendant came along and we told him the situation and he said that was fine. Only he came back a little while later and gave us both parking tickets! I have appealed on line but have received a letter saying that the fine has now gone up to £90 and that I must pay it. I have rang them up and asked them how this is fair when the parking attendant was told the situation but they have said there isn't anything they can do.

I am really angry with the whole situation and I am in two minds whether to pay the fine or not. Should I pay it?

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's not a fine and you nor your partner should even be thinking of paying the scumbags.

Stop communicating with them in any fashion whatsoever. They will treat you as a hooked fish if you write to or telephone them.

It's a [problem]. Do now what you should have done from day 1:

• do not contact them

• do not pay

ignore their threatening junkmail

• they will give up and go away

• they will not take you to court

You seem surprised that a private company disallows 'appeals' and the opportunity to turn down cash.

It's not a fine, it's an unenforceable invoice. Private companies have no power in law to issue fines.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, regarding the above I have now received a letter of 'notice of intended litigation' from a Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying that I must pay in the next 7 days or contact them otherwise it will be referred for approval to apply for a County Court Judgement. The cost has now gone up dramatically. I feel quite sick to be honest, does this now mean i will definately be taken to court if i don't pay?

Hi, regarding the above I have now received a letter of 'notice of intended litigation' from a Debt Recovery Plus Ltd saying that I must pay in the next 7 days or contact them otherwise it will be referred for approval to apply for a County Court Judgement. The cost has now gone up dramatically. I feel quite sick to be honest, does this now mean i will definately be taken to court if i don't pay?

Of course you won't . You are falling into their trap and taking the matter seriously. The "we may take take you to court" letter is just part of their plan to scare people into paying something they don't have to pay. Some people would call this "demanding money with menaces". They won't take you to court, because they won't win.

magsgibson,

I know that the threats make you feel uncomfotable but please remember that you have done nothing wrong. You are being threatened & intimidated because these companies have nothing else in their armoury. They know that many people will pay up for a quiet life and this is how they manage to keep operating. Please have a good look at all of the threads. There are loads of people in the same boat as you, all of whom start out worried and end up simply being angry at the way they are being treated.

Good luck.

it will be referred for approval to apply for a county court Judgement

Yes, to get a CCJ on someone you just have to fill out a little form and bingo, all done.

Utter bollox of course.

I feel quite sick to be honest, does this now mean i will definately be taken to court if i don't pay?

Of course not. It's junkmail.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't panic - all you have are bits of paper aeroplane material designed to look official and menacing and scare you into paying i.e. it is a [problem] to catch to unwary which will only work if you do not know it is [problem]

Ignore works well and the last place they want to end up is court as they would cost them money as they would invariably loose and there [problem] would become even more well known

Ignore, ignore and if still uncertain read through the various threads here and then ignore again

ignore the scamvoice

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have just received a letter from a company called Parking Collection Services Limited (who are linked to Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) saying they have purchased the debt. (i've previously had 3 from the debt recovery plus ltd). Is this the norm to pass it onto yet another company?

What happened to the threat of court action? They know that this threat has not worked, so have changed tactics by referring the debt on. Stand firm and they will have a similar lack of success. Sounds as though they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now!

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What happened to the threat of court action? They know that this threat has not worked, so have changed tactics by referring the debt on. Stand firm and they will have a similar lack of success. Sounds as though they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel now!

There is no debt to do anything with let alone refer on.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 8 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.