MBNA county court Summons " Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

think of the overriding principles- which basically is to avoid the use of the court system if at all possible- and settle disputes outside of the court system

in order to prevent one side saying "look" he offered to settle so he is showing guilt - the use of WP allows the parties in the case to make offers and counter offers to settle the matter without fear of the other side using this against them in the trial

when the verdict is given (and therefore nothing in the |WP correspondence can influence the judges decision- there then remains the question of costs

where one side has made an offer of settlement during the course of WP correspondence- which turns out to be more beneficial than the finding of the court- THEN that party may reveal to the court that they made an offer to settle the matter but the other side refused it and therefore suggest to the court that the winner should not be able to claim the full amount of costs he is claiming..............on the basis that had he accepted thje offer the further costs would have been avoided

hence the expression "save as to costs"

Thanks for this explanation DD. May I clarify one thing please - if things haven't yet proceeded to trial and a WP offer is sent to the acting solicitors, how does it stand for costs, cos at the moment there is one amount which includes the N1 and solicitors' costs. Presumably, if it is kept out of court there shouldn't be any other costs, just the figure quoted on the N1? Would the letter still need to be marked WPSATC?

It would seem pretty harsh to me if they now refused an offer they accepted a few months back before an N1 was issued and took it to court anyway!

Is it good practice for a solicitor to write to me WP stating that in their opinion i have no real prospects of defending myself and ask me to withdraw my defence and accept Judgement now?

Shall i reply to this letter and what advice do you give please, CAB are useless im not going back to them again!

:dizzy: "Dizzie Diva" ;)

<<<<<<<<<<please tip my star if my support or advise was useful?

yes thats normal mind games but gives you the opportunity to tell them that you disagree ,and you will not accept judgement- however in order to resolve the matter amicably and without any admission of liability - you are prepared to offer XXXXXXXXXXXx if they vacate the trial with both sides to bear their own costs- failing which you will fully defend

assuming of course that is what you want- it is your decision

yes thats normal mind games but gives you the opportunity to tell them that you disagree ,and you will not accept judgement- however in order to resolve the matter amicably and without any admission of liability - you are prepared to offer XXXXXXXXXXXx if they vacate the trial with both sides to bear their own costs- failing which you will fully defend

assuming of course that is what you want- it is your decision

Thanks Diddy i shall do that and post it up.

Edited by DizzieDiva2010

On the N157 form do you have to send a witness statement 14 days before the hearing to the other party or is it only the expert witness statement that is required?

My other case not MBNA

Edited by DizzieDiva2010

Is it 14 days? I thought it was 7 days...

• Confused 1

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

Ah!!!! N157 so it as been allocated to Small Claims Track after all.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

at my recent hearing MBNA/ OPTIMA their Barrister Kate Urrell stated to the Judge that i hadcbeen on this site and as such it was "fishing expedition and typical of the sort of Internet based avoidance"......the judge replied " i quite agree"...

they had printed off all of my thread and submitted it as evidence

No laws have been broken seeking guidance from an internet forum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi

at my recent hearing MBNA/ OPTIMA their Barrister Kate Urrell stated to the Judge that i hadcbeen on this site and as such it was "fishing expedition and typical of the sort of Internet based avoidance"......the judge replied " i quite agree"...

But they couldn't have used it as 'evidence' if your identity hadn't been revealed on the thread. It is said on many posts that these sites are monitored so that they can trip you up in court, so isn't it in everyone's interest to remain anonymous?

• Confused 1

Hi

I've just spent my lunch hour reading your thread CC. Unbelievable. And how they can submit your thread as evidence - how were they attempting tro use it? Besides which, your thread seemed more of a summary of how things were moving more than anything else. 8 pages of thread - did the Judge read it?!!

Hi

I am sorry about your case, Coventry, and the judge you eventually ended up with. However, Dizzy, (and anyone else) you should not necessarily despair at all, it seems that it is simply down to the 'judge lottery'.

In retrospect, I believe my SJ Judge was pretty fair and even handed. We discussed where my legal advice came from and I told him honestly and openly about not being able to afford any other except for internet advice. The judge told me that was my right and there was nothing wrong in doing that, but (in his opinion), I should be careful about taking things at face value and he would certainly recommend most urgently that I sought professional legal advice. I thanked him and said I would most certainly consider it. So, maybe I was lucky, I don't know, but the judge in my case was perfectly accepting of the fact that I used the internet for my advice.

< < < < If I can help I will and if I have helped please tip my scales. :|

Please keep this site alive by downloading the great new CAG toolbar - keeps all your subscribed threads in one easy to use place. http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php Use the search facility regularly and CAG generates much needed money!

And that's what the barristers hate - the fact that advice is available online and people no longer have to lay down and die, they have the option to stnad their ground. As Andy says, nothing illegal in that, it's no different to contacting CAB is it??

Take a look here at Gems day in Court Virgin/MBNA passed to Optima - claim forms received - help!

They tried it with her, DJ he showed them the door:razz:

Regards

Andy

He sure did andy but as with Manchestman he warned me to be careful. The solicitor knew what the judge was going to say before he said it but said he was asked by the client to put it forward so had to do so. Must say though it took me by suprize that they would try to get an order forbidding me to use the net for research!

Hi

good grounds for an appeal if you lost then!

the claimant would have had to have obtained a court order to force the site to reveal your IP address and then a court order to your service provider to reveal your identity before the evidence could be used in court

i think you would have known about any of that!!

He sure did andy but as with Manchestman he warned me to be careful. The solicitor knew what the judge was going to say before he said it but said he was asked by the client to put it forward so had to do so. Must say though it took me by suprize that they would try to get an order forbidding me to use the net for research!

So what will they try next, banning the use of reference libraries.. logging into bailii ? They really are on thin ice with that kind of thinking.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D