• Tweets

• Just ignore it, have you moved home since taking out the debt?
    • Fart: “Boorish cartoon misogynist.” “Cheeto-dusted cartoon villain.”      Michael Cohen says he used to be ‘knee deep in cult’ of Trump as he stands firm in fiery cross-examination ‘Knee-deep in the cult’: Michael Cohen holds his ground against Trump’s attorneys WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Trump’s attorneys want to undermine the former ‘fixer’ after damning testimony connected him to a criminal hush money scheme   Doesn't nodfathers lawyers/fans realise that anything they say about cohen being a crim reflects mostly on the guy he was crimming for? aka Trump LOL
    • Notice how Kev goes about his scam.  In Kahunaburger's case they left the car park well before the time shown on the ticket they had purchased.  But because Kev added on the time taken to look for a parking spot and queue to pay/try to get an internet signal he still sent them an invoice. So If you had left before the Justpark message, say at 3:55, Kev would still have managed to turn that into a stay of 4:06 and thus an overstay and an invoice. Unfortunately for Kev, judges have ruled against his reasoning.  Have a read of this famous case  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-for-space-is-not-parking.html  
    • Its okay - It happens. And this is why DCAs  user every trick in the book to try and make you crack.  Now its time to come back.    Im not sure how to proceed if Im honest if they have issued a Letter Of Claim.  Only as You could complain to Oakbrook and they still proceed with Legal Proceedings, but I dont know if that would help or hinder the legal proceedings if they began down that avenue.  I know a FOS complaint wouldnt stop Legal Action and probably run along side it.  But I guess a judge would view a disputed balance with the original creditor as cause for concern whether the DCA's claim is valid?    A bit of a muddle.     
    • That is superb. To answer your question - Dear Mr Dhaliwal Change the sentence - As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us ... To - As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us contrary to the Equality Act 2010. Iceland have always been useless, not only in your case but in others, but I think if they realise they are breaking the law it will encourage them to act. I also think the letter is overlong and you could lose the paragraph - I cannot afford any unfair charges of this kind as I am severely struggling financially. I cannot work and am a carer for my disabled Son who also has a mental and mobility disability. I obviously do not have any disposable income and am in debt with my bills. So its an absolute impossibility for me to pay this incorrect charge - as the main points are made elsewhere.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Turning the tables on DCA Bullies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good stuff folks - it is essential to keep the pressure up and I am glad that others are seeing some well-deserved success.

The sharks have twisted the law and had it their own way for far to long.;)

Q

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moorcrap just replied and by doing so, accepted my terms and conditions that other than a summons, I will charge £35.00 per reply...

So now for my reply.. and enlcose a template invoice for £35.00 and 14 days to pay up... do I write my bank details on the invoice or request a cheque as payment to my home address?

blimey do not give out bank details to anyone a chq is good

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

moorcroft just replied and by doing so, accepted my terms and conditions that other than a summons, I will charge £35.00 per reply...

So now for my reply.. and enlcose a template invoice for £35.00 and 14 days to pay up... do I write my bank details on the invoice or request a cheque as payment to my home address?

Can I suggest you do not head anything that says "INVOICE"

You should make it quite clear that this is a charge for administration

lol, a cheque will do very nicely. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i sent a warning letter to brian carters stating that any further letters recieved will result in me charging them for my costly responce not had any letters since

Also sent one to moorcroft yesterday

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

A friend of mine has had results with Moorcroft, Robinson Way and Wescot is waiting in the wings.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Subbing to this with great interest

Haven't seen stinky link mentioned yet, with what they just sent me perhaps I'll be the first :)

Agreement unenforceable & impropely executed & in serious dispute with the OC.

Will update my thread later, suffice to say I am really pi**ed off.

Well done to the OP for an excellent thread.

Beachy

Beachcomber, let me have a link to your slinkystink thread please.

BCOBS

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

Update: moorcroft replied... ;) One letter too late as this should have been sent after I wrote to them and put them on notice.

"...Please be assured that we have tried to assist you in resolving this matter and as such our records show that we have provided you with our client's response. However, as you have confirmed that you still believe the account remains in dispute, it would suggest that a conflict of opinion remains between your perception of the account and the views expressed by our client. Whereas I would ask you to accept my assurance we have been acting in good faith on the intruction of our client, it is clear that there is an impasse here with regard to the account. I believe therefore the most sensible course of action would be for the company to return the account to our client and to cease any further activity with regard to it. I would stress that any further decsiions or action would lie with our client.

I must also advise you that we have no intention of discharging your invoice as in our view, by law, we do not have a contractual or any other relationship with you that could give rise to an iobligation on us to meet your administration or other fees in this situation."

in their view... haha.. well I made it very clear in my letter that othe rthan a summons.... i could just leave it but I am so tempted to take these monkeys on and see what happens.

I like this bit:

*I must also advise you that we have no intention of discharging your invoice as in our view, by law, we do not have a contractual or any other relationship with you that could give rise to an iobligation on us to meet your administration or other fees in this situation*."

The same could be said as you do not have any relationship with them and remember it was they that started it.

Whilst being careful - my attitude is take them on and make them sweat.

I think you will find the a judge will not wish to be pestered by a belligerent DCA who is frantically disputing your small admin fee as their nonsense is disproportionate to costs - regardless of that they bleat about "contract law"...

:D

Account No: 1234 1234 1234 1234

I write with reference to the above numbered account. I would like to point out that this account is formally in dispute with Capital One and has been since they failed to acknowledge my Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) Request, in line with s.77-s.79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).

As you are no doubt aware, your continual harassment not only breaches the Consumer Credit Act (1974), but also the Data Protection Act (1998), the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) and the Office Of Fair Trading's Debt Collection Guidelines. Being that the Original Creditor is now in default of my CCA Request and OFT Debt Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in serious dispute, especially due to the fact that whilst my CCA Request remains in default (outstanding), enforcement action is not permitted in line with s.127(3) of the CCA1974.

Consequently, any legal action you pursue will not only be fully and vigorously defended, it will also be averred as both unlawful and vexatious. As such I respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the original creditor for immediate resolution prior to my seeking legal advice; due to the fact you cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities as the account was already in dispute at the time you became involved.

If Capital One has chosen not to advise you of a dispute then that is between you and them. The OFT advise in their guidelines that you should ensure that there is no dispute before embarking on your collection activities.

I accept that this matter has now reached an impasse with both parties apparently having equally strong views about the merits or otherwise of the case.

Therefore, other than a summons, or your appropriate response to this complaint indicating the immediate closure, if you contact me again on this matter then I will invoice you £35 administration fee for my time-consuming response.

Should you fall outside of my fourteen day terms of settlement of such an invoice then I will seek remedy in the small claims court against you, without further notice.

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...
Should you fall outside of my fourteen day terms of settlement of such an invoice then I will seek remedy in the small claims court against you, without further notice.

Yes - play it nice and polite and be prepared for either a letter saying you have no right to furnish them with an admin fee or alternatively a letter advising they are sending the file back to source, which is good news...

To the former claim, and if they persist in their harassment, you have the option of issuing your admin fee then ultimately the N1.

To the latter DCA advice - celebrate that you have defeated yet another lowlife DCA that has run away with its tail between its legs.

When the next form of pond life comes sniffing make sure you advise them that the last slime-ball DCA dropped the case and sent it back to mommy.

Eventually you will create a very handy record of unsuccessful sharks that have come sniffing and been scared away.

And do always make sure you forward all your victory attacks to OFT etc, so as they know that the ****** companies concerned are breaching their debt collection guidelines.

Together we can get many shut down via their licences being rightly removed!

DCAs are of course the **** of all human society, as many realise who have been affected by their illegal activities. They prey on the weak and helpless and create misery and doom for thousands of families. Their smiling internet advertisements mislead millions who do not know what lies beneath the glossy image.

I believe it is now our duty to take the fight to these despicable monsters in any way we can.

Has anyone else got any admin charge successes to entertain us with?

I advised Lowells last week that I would charging them an admin fee of £25 for every future letter I had to respond to. This was after literally months and months of playing letter ping-pong with Fredrickson's, B. Carter, Red, Lowells Financial and Lowells Portfolio 1 over an alleged debt from Vodafone.

I was advised in writing that they would never accept my proposal now or in the future!! However, they also advised that they had contacted their client and were taking a commercial decision NOT to proceed with the matter. I'd call that a result!! (Unless of course they sell it onto another unsuspecting bottom-feeder!)

Impecunious!!!