repair or scam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That is clear enough then; no acceptance of any liabilty for consequential damages!

Minded that a criminal conviction under the Unfair Trading Regulations is per se a foregone condition in view of strict liability offences, the inference of "Scott free" extends.

Do you seriously expect to get away with this if sued in a county court, or should we rather surmise that the previous impression was quite correct; the modus operandi, as usual, is to take the customer for a fool?

I would not have been so daft as to send a phone to start with. All I am doing is expressing a relatively impartial point of view, and would rather not be taken for so much of a fool for that.

:rolleyes:

Hello everyone,

as I guess everyone here has had problem with Nick at i-phone-repairs.

and here is my story in brief (if possible)

new iphone 3gs and after 3 month I drop it from the first floor.

gone in 3 peaces I was checking for a place where to repair it when I end it up on i-phone-repairs.

reason to choose this company over others are following:

- website is well designed

- all major network included

- seems to have different shops all over the country

- free fault diagnosis

- 24 hour process

- lots of good report

I guess even been skeptic in sending my (even if broken) iPhone I decided to place an order and here a summary of my misadventure with them

placed an order on the 16th of may

sent next day delivery on the 19th as no reply on how to send it

follow up for update on the 24th

managed to talk on their chat on the 27th and no news (nice 24 hour report - I should have stopped there)

on the 30th I got a quote form Nick

- 1 x midframe including earpiece and sensors

- 1 x lcd + external screen

- 1 x volume button and mute button assembly.

The total cost of these repairs is £139.97.

replied back asking for

Does the above diagnostic means that the rest of the device (main-board etc) you have tested and know for sure that it is working or you only checked what it seems to be broken?

What I mean is, would the device be guarantied to work? or I may end up with a unit that after all the repairs it would be as new but it may not work?

Nick replies with

Our engineers have fully checked your device and i can confirm that this is all that is required to complete the repair of your device.

payed and start chasing for my iPhone

on the 3rd Nick says that no mid-frame but he could get one on the following Monday.

hay understandable that this can be true

on the 8th after several following and site down for 2 days the phone turn up.

phone was on but mute button wouldn't stay up,

USB had a yellowing mark and wouldn't be recognized from any computer (note I have 4 iPhone 2 2G and 2 3gs including this broken one so no computer problems for sure)

screen was loose a bit on top left corner

couldn't not hear on received phone calls (cracking noise)

very disappointed I sent it back the very same day with next day delivery as instructed from Viola one of the several people that tried to help me during the month

so from the 9 to the 14th of June (almost a month since my order) no reply or information

I talked to Viola, Jennifer, Rebecca, Martyn, Will and I guess few more over the chat but nothing. Nick was promising me to call or contact me but nothing.

finally on the 14th of July when I got the following from Nick

Hi Mr Manni,

Your device has now been returned to you and a full refund will be processed to you. Please could you supply bank details for the credit of this refund.

Kind regards,

Nick Shaw

I replied that no back detail will be provided as I payed via paypal and I wanted refund the same way.

chased every other day and still no reply or acknowledgement of my messages

Today I will be sending a recorded mail asking for my money back or I will be forced to take legal action.

My phone felt from the first floor and apart of the broken screen I cannot imagine that anything else should have been wrong.

however the above story only shows only that they have no idea how to check or repair an iPhone and that they do actively remove bad feedback as that way they can continue rip people off.

My phone doesn't even boot now and I am possible faced with more expensive charges if I would want to repair it.

Sorry for the long story, not my fault if i-phone-repairs is taking 2 month exactly to not repair my phone but most likely make it worse and I am still waiting for my money

i-phone-repairs a definite [problem]

B

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

as I guess everyone here has had problem with Nick at i-phone-repairs.

and here is my story in brief (if possible)

new iphone 3gs and after 3 month I drop it from the first floor.

gone in 3 peaces I was checking for a place where to repair it when I end it up on i-phone-repairs.

reason to choose this company over others are following:

- website is well designed

- all major network included

- seems to have different shops all over the country

- free fault diagnosis

- 24 hour process

- lots of good report

I guess even been skeptic in sending my (even if broken) iPhone I decided to place an order and here a summary of my misadventure with them

placed an order on the 16th of may

sent next day delivery on the 19th as no reply on how to send it

follow up for update on the 24th

managed to talk on their chat on the 27th and no news (nice 24 hour report - I should have stopped there)

on the 30th I got a quote form Nick

- 1 x midframe including earpiece and sensors

- 1 x lcd + external screen

- 1 x volume button and mute button assembly.

The total cost of these repairs is £139.97.

replied back asking for

Does the above diagnostic means that the rest of the device (main-board etc) you have tested and know for sure that it is working or you only checked what it seems to be broken?

What I mean is, would the device be guarantied to work? or I may end up with a unit that after all the repairs it would be as new but it may not work?

Nick replies with

Our engineers have fully checked your device and i can confirm that this is all that is required to complete the repair of your device.

payed and start chasing for my iPhone

on the 3rd Nick says that no mid-frame but he could get one on the following Monday.

hay understandable that this can be true

on the 8th after several following and site down for 2 days the phone turn up.

phone was on but mute button wouldn't stay up,

USB had a yellowing mark and wouldn't be recognized from any computer (note I have 4 iPhone 2 2G and 2 3gs including this broken one so no computer problems for sure)

screen was loose a bit on top left corner

couldn't not hear on received phone calls (cracking noise)

very disappointed I sent it back the very same day with next day delivery as instructed from Viola one of the several people that tried to help me during the month

so from the 9 to the 14th of June (almost a month since my order) no reply or information

I talked to Viola, Jennifer, Rebecca, Martyn, Will and I guess few more over the chat but nothing. Nick was promising me to call or contact me but nothing.

finally on the 14th of July when I got the following from Nick

Hi Mr Manni,

Your device has now been returned to you and a full refund will be processed to you. Please could you supply bank details for the credit of this refund.

Kind regards,

Nick Shaw

I replied that no back detail will be provided as I payed via paypal and I wanted refund the same way.

chased every other day and still no reply or acknowledgement of my messages

Today I will be sending a recorded mail asking for my money back or I will be forced to take legal action.

My phone felt from the first floor and apart of the broken screen I cannot imagine that anything else should have been wrong.

however the above story only shows only that they have no idea how to check or repair an iPhone and that they do actively remove bad feedback as that way they can continue rip people off.

My phone doesn't even boot now and I am possible faced with more expensive charges if I would want to repair it.

Sorry for the long story, not my fault if i-phone-repairs is taking 2 month exactly to not repair my phone but most likely make it worse and I am still waiting for my money

i-phone-repairs a definite [problem]

B

That made interesting reading, especially about them not allowing you to leave bad feedback, I had this problem so clearly the do 'edit' their feedback despite their claims to the contrary.

In a peverse way, Im glad it wasnt just me that had problems, but Im sure you know what I mean, there are more people adding to this all the time so Im sure Im not alone in hoping this company goes under and the sooner the better.

If you paid with paypal, put it into dispute immediatly!!!!!!

Update:

I tried to get help from PayPal but as the order was done on May they could't help as they can only cover for the first 45 days.

However finally last night I got my refund.

It wasn't the full refund as when I had to send the iPhone back they did refund the shipping and was marked as partial refund on my money so. but its OK at least I got the major part back.

it was the worse experience I had for a long time now and I guess it puts me off in trusting any of the service provided or advertised online, which is very bad as I do everything online (shopping etc)

I'm glad I got the iPhone back and my money back even though now I don't know what's wrong with it. never had USB problem and now it doesn't even start but it is in a loop with the apple logo :( so not sure what they have done with it.

still I am happy it is finally finished

Thank you all and good luck to all the people that still has problems with i-phone-repairs

B

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my Nano back for repair (thought possibly battery) on 27th July. Have spent the last week trying to get a bill for repair and return of my goods as I go on holiday on 12th August and wanted to take it with me. Despite numerous phone calls ( promising a call back) numerous e-mails, numerous replies via their on line message service. Today (11th August) they told me they accept credit cards, cheques and bank payment (no mention of paypal-has their account been closed?) and then adding that they cannot take credit cards payments over the phone ( maybe that facility has been withdrawn too).however still not told me what they have done or propose to do or what the amount required is!

My requests for a phone call to sort out everything merely got a reply ( eventually) via their message system, but not answer any of the above..

I run my own business and if I treated my customers like this it would not be long before I went out of business.

If you are thinking of using this shambles of a Company based in Suffolk DON'T

I feel for the Company in Kent but suggest they use this Forum to help serve people who want to deal with a professional Company not a bunch of incompetent and disorganized numbskull's (at the very least and maybe even worse).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I would just like to add my views on Yew Tree Digital Limited or "i-phone-repairs.co.uk". A lot of people are confusing my company iPhone Repairs & Spares LTD with Mr Nick Shaws. I can assure you all we are not the same company. One only has to google search Nick Shaw Yew Tree Digital to find a lot of disapointed customers and previous "[problem]" businesses.

So guys, please be wary of any iPhone repair company that advertise on the internet. Speak to them first, even pay them a visit in their shop or offices. Get their company registration number and verify that the company is genuine. I can assure you all that my company iPhone Repairs & Spares LTD is indeed genuine and we are proud of the fact that we offer a genuine, friendly service that offers realistic turn around times (3 working days), quality repairs and a back up service with 12 month warranty on all iPhone repairs.

Check out our website www.iphonerepairsltd.co.uk, speak to us on the phone +44(0)1634 405 662 or visit us at our offices.

I hope this will put some peoples minds at rest when they decide to use an internet based iPhone repair company.

Kind regards,

Mr Phil Marlow.

iPhone Repairs & Spares LTD

www.iphonerepairsltd.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no. I sent my iphone off to these people two weeks ago. Wish I'd seen this thread first. Have spoken to someone and he gave me crap about waiting for spares (yeh, thanks for letting me know).

Anyway, Nick if your on here :-

Order #19280

If I dont hear from you in the next 7 days I'll be starting court proceedings....

• 4 weeks later...

I have just read through all the posts with a deepening sense of doom. I sent my iphone off last week to i-phone-repairs and have had emails telling me they have received it and again to let me know it was ready for dispatch. Did you guys get these too? I really hope it finds its way back to me as promised. If it doesnt this Nick chap is going to feel my wrath :mad2:

• 3 weeks later...

NICK SHAW..WHERE IS MY IPHONE

WHY DO YOUR STAFF PROMISE AT LEAST A DOZEN CALL BACKS AND FAIL

WHY DO YOU IGNORE EMAILS

YOU HAVE HAD MY PHONE 10 DAYS NOW AND I STILL HAVE NO UPDATE

BELOW IS A COPY OF THE EMAIL COMPLAINT I SENT TO NICK SHAW SO YOU CAN ALL UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON

I'm emailing to express my disappointment and annoyance at

> the service I have received from your company.

>

> I had an issue with the battery on my iPhone and after

> searching the internet I came across your website which

> seemed perfect for me, especially after reading your

> satisfaction guarantee section. The main attraction was your

> advertised '24 hour turn around on repairs'

>

> I sent my phone to you on a Monday via Special Delivery and

> you received it on the Tuesday. I then received it back on

> Saturday morning the same week. Now this was not 24 hours

> but I was fairly pleased as my battery problem seemed to be

> solved. As soon as I switched the phone back on and began to

> use it I discovered that the Wi-Fi was not working

> correctly. This was fine before I sent it in to you and in

> fact was better in most case's than my colleagues iPhone

> side by side. I assumed there was a problem with the Wi-Fi

> at my work so left it until I go home to try it there. The

> problem was exactly the same (very little or no Wi-Fi) As I

> was due to go on holiday I decided to leave it and try it

> again on my return.

>

> When I got back from my holiday I switched the phone back

> on and the problem was the same both at home and work so I

> contacted your company. They advised me to return the phone

> to them again (at my expense via special delivery) and to

> use the same repair reference and was told it would be

> 'pushed through quicker' as it was a return. This

> information was given to me by the receptionist who answered

> my call.

>

> I sent it back on Tuesday 12/10/10 again via special

> delivery and received confirmation that you had received it

> on Wednesday 13/10/10. Due to the previous timescale I was

> under no illusion that I would get it back on the Thursday

> so I left it until Friday 15/10/10 and spoke to Tom who

> promised to call me back which he did and said that a loose

> connection had been found but the Wi-Fi was still not

> working correctly. I decided to give you the benefit of the

> doubt and left it through the weekend and called again on

> Monday 18/10/10 At this time Tom said he had no further

> update and assured me that he would call me back that day

> after speaking to the engineer. He did not call me back so I

> called again on Tuesday 19/10/10 and spoke to Tom who seemed

> quite amused that he hadn't called me back and even told me

> 'sorry, I forgot' To say I was not impressed with this is an

> understatement. He then promised again to call me on

> Wednesday. This call also never came.

>

> Of course after this I called back and was told that there

> was nobody in the office and to call on Thursday 21/10/10. I

> called on Thursday and spoke to Vikki. I explained the fact

> that I had been promised a call back on several occasions

> and that I was starting to lose my patience to which she

> assured me that she would call me back late the same morning

> or very early in the afternoon. No call came (clearly I was

> expecting this outcome by now) so I called, yet again, at

> 4pm and spoke, again, to the receptionist who told me,

> again, that everybody had gone home and nobody could take my

> call. She also said 'it's weird, as they normally stay until

> 6'

>

> During this entire saga I have also sent a total of 4

> emails all of which went without a response.

>

> I'm sure you can understand my annoyance and frustration at

> this situation. My overriding concern is the sheer lack of

> professionalism shown by your staff and their broken

> promises. I am starting to become concerned that my iPhone

> has been mislaid by you and I am being fobbed off as you

> have now had it for more than 8 days and nobody can tell me

> whats happening. This entire situation is unacceptable.

>

> I work within a sales environment myself and if I were to

> treat my clients in this manner I would not be in business

> for very long.

>

> I look forward to what I'm sure will be your swift

> response

PS I THEN CALLED 4 TIMES THE DAY AFTER I SENT THE EMAIL AND WAS TOLD EVERY TIME THAT " NO ONE IS AVAILABLE"

THIS COMPANY IS A SHAMBLES!!!!

:evil::evil:I HOPE NICK SHAW RESPONDS SOON. TRADING STANDARDS AND WATCHDOG WILL BE HEARING THIS.

Hi all. New on the forum but seems like a large number caught in the iphone repair scandal. Very similar story to everyone in terms of communication from the company(or lack of it). Phone and ipod went in for repair on 26th september. Big hassel getting any info back at all apart from the initial email saying "pending'. eventually after phoning, emailling and then lodging complaints on their face book wall I did get my iphone back repaired and fully working (only went in for a cracked screen). This arrived back with me on 12th october. The ipod, however is nowhere to be seen and despite numerous requests no info as to what is happening. Having seen this the posts on this site I am amazed that some legal action hasn't been taken against the company but I will take the advice posted here and write a recorded letter to the address I have which is the Unit C , Bristol Court , Martelsham Heath in suffolk.

Anyone else contemplating using the services of i-phone repair.co.uk- THINK AGAIN

15 days now and still no update. Have today finally managed to get through to Vikki on customer service who "assures" me she will look into it and get me an update. Also the online chat is up and running, Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Still no response from Nick Shaw though!

Just wanted to pitch in on this.

I came across this site after someone had posted it on another forum. I went to the site and logged onto the livechat successfully, spoke with a guy called Nicholas, and to be honest, he was very friendly, answered all my questions and i left the chat a happy potential customer.

And then someone on the same forum posted this thread! couldnt believe it. I havent sent my phone off to them or anything but the lesson here is, dont be fooled. Something can look so simple yet can be a complete [problem]. I feel sorry for the people who have been done over by this individual. Its not nice, as they are the ones who have to part with their items just to feed this lowlife.

Hopefully this guy either fulfills his promises or does something about breaking other promises.

Well, was promised my phone on thursday, and "surprise surprise" it didnt show up.

Contacted them via live chat and was told that royal mail didnt turn up to collect the parcels and i would recieve it the next day.

IT CAME!!!! Got my iphone back after 18 days. WIfi was fixed and working a treat.............However, I noticed the phone was in silent mode, so i flicked the silent/ring switch on the side, and it fell off in my hand!!! Looked like it had superglue on it!!!!!!! I am gutted to say the least. Now i have to find another iphone repair firm to fix this (and i have to pay) as i am certainly not sending it back to these people. No point complaining, as they dont respond to them

Re my post August 11th

Not long after my post had a call from Nick apologising for delays and promising nano was fixed and was being returned FOC.

So I said that seemed fair and might even warrant some positive feedback.

Well here it is He is clearly a man of his word. My Nano arrived FOC on October 24th just about 3 months after it was sent.

Yippee.

Oh forgot to mention it still doesn't work!!! Same fault as it was sent away with!

Can someone explain to me how this firm is making any money cos I have been in business for over 30 years and I cannot work it out. Nobody seems to get repairs carried out, most people seem to get their money back or job done for Free.

Lets all send a note to Watchdog and see if they can send their motorcycle reporter on a mission to find out!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I wish I had done some research on this company before sending my iphone 3G to them last week. I have decided to write a blog detailing my experience with i-phone-repairs.co.uk, I'll post the link shortly, I DESPISE [problem]mers and will certainly not let this lie.

Why can't I write the word s c a m m e r s !?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am new to this site but just in case you thought this problem has gone away it hasn't!

I sent my Iphone to them on 31st December 2010, yes, I know probably not the best time to send it but I gave them a chance and left it a week, I received an email to say they had received iton 8th January 2011, I thought, thats ok, allowing for holidays and the fact they had been closed for a week.

After the first week I decided to call them, no problem, they told me it was sorted and would be in the post to me, I waited and waited but no phone, called them again to find out and they told me that they didn't realise the phone was unlocked, I should have told them this apparantly, they were having problems with the unlock software which is Redsnow, one of the better ones as I am lead to believe. They said they would get someone to call me back that day, suprise suprise no one did so I phoned again and again and again, every time they said someone will call me back, no one ever has right until this day.

I have involved the Suffolk Police who have been in touch with i-phone-repairs.co.uk, nothing else is happening other than being told that "management are dealing with it"or "someone will phone you back". I involved the Police because it covers me, they have a log of my report now, I live overseas, just as well because if I lived on the mainland I would be camped outside their repair centre, probably needing the Police again.

I have been completely professional with these people, they try and palm me off with excuses, false promises and even an offer of a free gift which I do not want.

God, I wish I had looked them up first! THE BATTLE CONTINUES!!!!!!!!

Good for you.

I always encourage to report a crime to the police but the usual expectation is that the Police would not want to know. Since the The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 there is good deal that is now an offence that was not before, but there is a long way to go, to put a stop to the bad practice so often to be seen.

:horn:

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having problems with this company, usually I look around but I was in a bit of a rush and they offered a free diagnostics service so I sent it to them. More fool me. I have managed to get hold of someone once on live chat about a week ago, and they said they were having 'problems finding parts'. They've had my phone for about 3 weeks, not as bad as some I think, but I'd like to know a rough ETA of how long it will take, as ultimately I would like the phone fixed, order number 22868 if anyone from the company is reading.

What are people's tips for getting their phone back? Do they ever actually fix them?

I finally got my phone back after nearly 7 weeks, it's fixed to a point where the earpiece now works but the volume level is not that good. They have also changed it to a 16g instead of an 8g but that is only because they damaged the old one beyond repair.

I should send it back to sort the volume out but to be honest I wouldn't give them the "steam off my ****"

I threatened legal action, got the local Police involved and phoned them 3 times a day every day for 4 weeks, not once did I lose my cool and after giving them a cut off point they finally came up with the phone.

I am currently compiling a report to send to watchdog and trading standards as I know a lot of other people are doing.

PLEASE MAKE SURE NOBODY THAT YOU KNOW USES THIS COMPANY.