repair or scam

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well you only google i-phonerepairs.co.uk when there is a problem and here I see there are a number of people who have had similar experience to me. I sent my phone on the 24 turnaround line and 3 weeks later they still have my phone telling me that they are waiting for spare parts from China! My son dropped my phone and the screen smashed which I imagine is a fairly common repair. I am going to take advice from this thread write, recorded delivery copying to Suffolk Trading Standards and see what happens. Meantime can anyone recommend a decent place to get your i-phone repaired?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang today got through they told me the part (screen) would be in on Thursday afternoon. I asked for an email confirming that fact ...no email recieved as yet...

I've been told similar for several weeks now - last Weds, this Tues or this Thurs. if I ran a company I'd like to think I knew when my suppliers were arriving. I've also been told they were sent a faulty batch and offered a 10% discount (which doesn't even cover the cost of postage. I'll post again if I learn any more.

I've e-mail Nick Shaw mentioned earlier in this thread saying I am going to Small Claims/Trading Standards and this is the reply:_________________________Many thanks for your email of which a copy has been sent to my team to keep you informed of the status of your order. I have looked into your account I must agree with you that the service you have received is shocking. It appears to me that you simply require a date of when you will have your phone back and for that promise to be kept. As this has so far not been forthcoming please let me apologise. We are due for these parts to arrive with us tomorrow and you phone has already been added to a priority list so the repairs will be completed before close of business tomorrow. Once the repairs are completed the phone will be tested and all being well your device will be shipped tomorrow to be back with you on Saturday 14th April before 1pm. I hope this helps and that you accept our apology to you. If you have any further queries please feel free to contact me. Kind regards,Nicholas ShawiPhone Repairs - A Yew Tree Digital Limited CompanyUnit C & D, Bristol Court, Betts Avenue, Martlesham Heath, Suffolk, IP5 3RYT: 0800 033 7103 E: nick[at]i-phone-repairs.co.uk |I am still sending my letter though as I have been fobbed off so many times I don't trust a word that they say.

And the latest is that I said I was going to Small Claims/Trading Standards and I am told that my phone will be returned today (unrepaired) guaranteed delivery tomorrow along with full refund.I will post again if I get my phone back.Best of luck to anyone else having to deal with this company.

I rang up again, to be told the parts still hadn't arrived, and requested return of my phone. I've also been told that my phone will be returned today (unrepaired) guaranteed delivery tomorrow along with full refund. "Fingers crossed!"

Just joined this site after searching for information about this company - has anyone had any luck recently??

They have now had my I-phone4 for a simple screen replacment for coming up 5 weeks!!! I have numerous emails/correspondance from them stating they are awaiting parts etc however last Friday was informed they had a tracking number for the new parts so should have my phone done my Monday/Tues (Today)!! Guess what nothing...and now getting no response.

I have today emailed them and copied in this Nick Shaw stating I will be reporting my phone as stolen and reporting them to trading standards along with the small claims court and I am going to send a letter!!

what a joke - I paid this company in good faith thinking I'd get my phone fixed quicker then I would via my insurance (which would have cost £20.00)...now I am seriously regretting it.

Any advice?

Nick Shaw if your on here - I want my phone repaired URGENTLY or send it back and give me a refund, your company is a disgrace.

Order No - 100035443

Becky....

Just an update -

rung them and wasnt best pleased - the women I spoke to said she would find out what's happening with my order...then comes back and says they have white screens in stock so could fix it today...ermm no my phone is black...she then came back to say there is black in stock so phone will be repaired today and sent back tonight. apparently she will ring this afternoon with a tracking number for me!!!

Will see if this actually happens...however I had an account update that repair is in process.

This is after I threatend to report the company for theft!!!

So lets see if my phone actually gets returned....

I am amazed that this company is still trading, the tales of woe keep coming, then Nick comes on and tells us about his new systems and staff, then someone else comes on and tells us about more poor service from them!

Good luck getting your phone back.

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING!

iPhone Repairs dot co dot uk messed me around. I bought a special postage pack for extra cost thinking it would shave a day or so off of the 'few days' turn around. I timed me sending it in with weekends factored in. I think I posted it Monday afternoon next day so I would have it back that week. Weeks went by - they had 'RUN OUT OF GLASS'. How could they - its their business to have glass and hold sufficient stock? Took so long to get it back and inconvenienced me like you would not believe.

The new replacement glass has fine lines on that catch the light (look a bit like a heated screen on a car). My finger doesn't slide across the surface like the Apple screen - there's an odd resistance, and to top it all off I am getting dust inside the back of the screen from one side (obviously a seal problem).

Sure they will have me post the phone back for extra cost and inconvenience, but do I trust them to :

a) have glass in stock

b) have Apple spec glass

c) break off the glass without extra damage from my phone to repair it.

d) and when will I get that back? When was that again...

No!

BEWARE BE WARNED.

• 1 month later...

I used this company to repair my wifes Blackberry (Blackberry4repair.co.uk - also Yew Tree Digital)

When I received the phone back (over a week later - not the advertised 24 hours), the BB would not switch on. It had nothing to do with the charge - but the button would not work (it did before I sent it for repair).

I was told to send it back.

Obviously they do not stock the parts ready for a 24 hour turn around – and they DEFINITELY do not check the products before they get sent back to the customer (as shown as Step 6 on the website) else they would have realized that the phone did not turn on or off after the repair!

The website is built on lies – they do not do this Quality Control at all.

On top of this, when the BB was finally returned working - the central button was slightly countersunk on one side. It still worked, but was definitely not put back together correctly.

However, I decided to live with this, rather than send it back again.

A lot of hassle for a simple screen repair!!

AVOID THIS COMPANY AND ALL ITS DIFFERENT ADDRESSES - THEY ARE [problematic]!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I took my iPad 3 directly to Yew Tree (acting as iPhone, iPad, iPod repair.co.uk) on Martlesham near Ipswich to be repaired after I had dropped it and cracked the screen.

I paid the full £145 price for a new screen to be fitted and was told that it should take a couple of days to repair, and at latest by the following week. I left my iPad with them fully expecting to get it back as soon as it was ready.

I sent e-mail after e-mail asking for updates on its status, which I did receive, apologising each time, and stating that they were waiting for the parts to be delivered to them so they could repair it. I then went and collected the iPad from them so I could use it in the meantime. Every time I got a "it should be with us in the next couple of days, at latest by next week" Anyway 6 weeks later and I'm still waiting! I contacted them by phone this time and was told, "Sorry, we're still waiting for the parts, they might be here in 2 weeks." to which I replied, "I know full well that when I contact you in another 2 weeks, you'll say sorry we're still waiting for the parts, it'll be with us next week at the latest"

After giving the poor girl on the end of the phone a piece of my mind (I know it's not her fault directly) I decided to cancel my order and go elsewhere. I think I'm just going to have to cough up more and go direct to Apple for the repair.

I used this company after my mate had used them to get his iPhone screen repaired which was good.

I just cant understand how a iPad repair company doesn't keep stock of items needed to repair items!?

I would not recommend them, and will certainly never use them again.

• 2 months later...

I used this company to repair the charging socket on my Blackberry, to start with, iPhone Repairs co.uk kept saying that they had not received my phone for nearly 10 days even though, Royal mail tracking confirmed that it had been signed for 10 days earlier, then whilst it was it was in their care, I had an alarming call from my banks fraud dept. informing me that a blackberry had unsuccessfully tried several times to access my on line bank account near the area of England by where this company is based (I live in Wales) ! I was also distressed to be informed a day later by Ebay that someone had also tried to access my Ebay account and that my account would be frozen, luckily enough, yes my mistake was not to remove the apps from my phone, I know! But when you deal with a so called honest company why should you feel the need to be suspicious! To add insult to injury, when my phone eventually came back the fault had not been repaired! I tried to discuss these issues today with the company and basically hit a brick wall of “I don't care attitude " and just kept telling me no one from this company would do that, and to phone the police! Yeah, that’s giving answers. I just thought I would share my experience of iPhone-Repairs.co.uk :-x