Atos

connor1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was a petition on the number 10 website which resulted in an amendment to the law in regard to reciprocal childcare. That petition, along with the response to it can be viewed here

Each petition receives a response and it's much like that of paper petitions; some are successful in forcing change and some are not.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

It was a petition on the number 10 website which resulted in an amendment to the law in regard to reciprocal childcare. That petition, along with the response to it can be viewed here

Each petition receives a response and it's much like that of paper petitions; some are successful in forcing change and some are not.

Lip service.

Might be worth emailing MPs directly. Here's a 2006 list of every serving MP at the time (it's the most complete list I could find), but I would imagine that most of these are OK to use.

Lobby - MPs Email Addresses

In relation to the Atos issue, I've just emailed all of them about that. That includes Margaret Moran, whom I'm sure will be due her own Atos assessment any day now.

Due to how ineffectual the bulk of them are, I daresay after election time, this list will be markedly different - here's hoping.

Why would you suggest I do that? If you have something to petition about then go ahead and fund it yourself or waste your time on number10.org.:)

Commiekips I think you are really rude and sarcastic. People on here are in need of help and support for this barbaric system that penalizes genuine ill people and certainly don;t need to hear your sarcastic comments. I hope that someday you won;t need that same support and advise and have to suffer ignorant sracastic comments such as yours.

• Haha 1

Commiekips I think you are really rude and sarcastic. People on here are in need of help and support for this barbaric system that penalizes genuine ill people and certainly don;t need to hear your sarcastic comments. I hope that someday you won;t need that same support and advise and have to suffer ignorant sracastic comments such as yours.

There are many forms of sarcasm; some forms are quite subtle. I was replying to kelcou's charming replies with like replies. You know nothing about what I have been through; you're just surmising because it probably suits your agenda. As for genuine people here; well, let's be realistic eh?

I hope you don't mind me asking then, commiekips. I've been wondering what experience you have of the system? Was it horrendous like many of us?

HB

Yes, and still is. "Many of us" Is that a fact that you know or are you just imagining it?

I have been bullied and hounded by The DWP who, in my opinion, given the facts that exist in box folders full of evidence, are in need of help themselves.

Instead of allowing me to heal and recuperate properly, they've delayed my recovery with their tar everyone with the same brush techniques, which have only served to waste everyone's time and tax payers money with their bureaucracy.

They seem to think that I want to receive this benefit from a system that I've paid into for years instead of my normal 5 figure income and have made sure that I'm delayed in returning to it by causing me as much stress and aggravation as possible.

commiekips - I can understand that you're cynical about No10 petitions, because I don't personally feel that No10 ever listens. However, it takes practically no time to sign up to one, and I suppose it's one of the few avenues that people have left to express their opinion at something.

However, you have said "As for genuine people here: well, let's be realistic, eh?" - I'm not quite sure exactly what it is you're getting at, so please can you clarify?

Yes, and still is. "Many of us" Is that a fact that you know or are you just imagining it?

I have been bullied and hounded by The DWP who, in my opinion, given the facts that exist in box folders full of evidence, are in need of help themselves.

Instead of allowing me to heal and recuperate properly, they've delayed my recovery with their tar everyone with the same brush techniques, which have only served to waste everyone's time and tax payers money with their bureaucracy.

They seem to think that I want to receive this benefit from a system that I've paid into for years instead of my normal 5 figure income and have made sure that I'm delayed in returning to it by causing me as much stress and aggravation as possible.

Hello again commiekips. I based my comment on being a member of this forum since last November and reading the threads and posts on here, the BBC forum, recent reports including the one by the CAB, etc.

I had my own run-in with Atos and the DWP over my mental health; appeal, refusal to reinstate, then a tribunal many months later. Only after that did they pay what I was entitled to. And I know about the stress it puts on someone who already has stress and anxiety problems, having been there myself.

I can feel your anger in you posts and I'm very sorry you're going through this as well.

People on this forum are either in pretty desperate need of help or trying to help others by giving information or shariing knowledge they have gained through experience. Some of the people you're confronting have difficult lives themselves, I've learned, either by exchanging PMs or by the stories that come out over time. I hope we can get you through this too, if you want us to.

My best, HB.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thankyou commiekips, I always try to be charming :)

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but not in the least bit surprised. The current system smells worse than a sewerage plant in summer...

Best wishes

Rae

Hi am new to all this so bare with me i had my medical at ATOS all 26 mins

to be told i am fit (fit to drop )come to mind I am appealing this as was said before they say one thing and do another

Question for you all who does the marking is it doctor or ????

there is a site called dial where there is a break down of the point system on my myself i would be runing at 50 plus points

I got 6

I.B. "health descriptors" and the points awarded for each, as used by the DWP for determining eligibility, you can look these up for free via this web page.

If it's ESA you may need to have a trawl, however someone else will come along soon to provide a link.

Best regards and good luck,

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Hi am new to all this so bare with me i had my medical at ATOS all 26 mins

to be told i am fit (fit to drop )come to mind I am appealing this as was said before they say one thing and do another

Question for you all who does the marking is it doctor or ????

there is a site called dial where there is a break down of the point system on my myself i would be runing at 50 plus points

I got 6

The "Dr" clicks away with software on-screen called LiMA and this software generates statements and points that will basically cure you of anything.

It's a miracle. :D

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

We had our son's appeal today, and the panel were fantastic. Even the Dr that sat on the panel said that the new system isnt working, and that too much time was being spent on PC programmes instead of actually examining the claimant to determine the extent of thier illness.

We won by the way :D if you hadnt read my other thread.

@ ThePain,

This page contains a link near the bottom Download 'A guide to Employment And Support Allowance - the Work Capability Assessment' (PDF, 205K). This document lists the points awarded for the various assessment tests. These do change from time to time.

See also the WCA Review link (which was posted by Erika last week)

These documents require "acrobat reader" plugin installed on your computer, free download from here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Edited by loan_ranger
added content

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

LIMA is the electronic Lourdes - cures all ailments known to man. Cancer, leukaemia, mental illness, leprosy, scurvy - all eradicated by the touch of the miraculous LIMA!

The Moor Gold Holistic Herbal Tonic for the modern age. You can get up out of your wheelchair and never look back!

The only thing that hasn't been attributed to it yet is a total cure for sexual impotency, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Oh, and drink or drug related problems.

But since people with them have almost zero chance of getting a job (even less so than anyone who's been long-term sick) and the government knowing that it can do nothing about that, LIMA and Atos don't really apply to them, even if the whole idea was originally heavily based around this problem.

A bit like raging bloodlust and going out to invade countries that had nothing to do with why you're invading them originally.

But, theory always sounds better than practice, doesn't it?