what lattie did next...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i'm here again, cap in hand - so to speak...

after saying i wasn't going to do it again, i'm doing a run for cancer research. and this time it's twice as far. the first ever jane tomlinson hull 10k run. 23 may - that's seven weeks from yesterday.

my friend and i have been running through the winter - weather allowing.

we can run 3.5 miles with only moderate effort so now we will be upping our mileage to shoot for the 6.2 on race day. we are so slow they should call it a turtle race. my friend was all excited, she said race teams from hull city, hull k.r. and hull f.c are going to run in the race. i told her she might see them at the start but they will all be in the pub a long time before we are!

so, as i said i would let some of you know if i ran again - well, i am and if anyone feels like they would like to sponsor me i really appreciate it; no matter the size of the contribution. thanks for your help. hope i've done the link right

http://www.justgiving.com/Lattie-LorainneArnell

love,

lattie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Latty. Will put some money in the pot in the next 10 days. You really are an inspiration and should give yourself a very large pat on the back.

I have just had a breast cancer scare and am being put on tamoxifen as a precautionary measure so.... 'go latty go' xxxx

oh chris, that's scary. especially after all you went through with you mum last year. hopefully the tamoxifin will take care of any problems.

thanks for the good thoughts. we may need them, these old legs are pretty stiff today after hitting the pavement.

you take care -:)

Nice one Lattie :D Way to go girl !!

I think you have set your sights to low. I'll pop something in when my boat comes in on payday, although with my luck, I'll be at the airport !!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

oh chris:eek:, i hope you haven't overdone it! thank you for your incredible donation......

you know i will think of you and ruby and all those who have lost loved ones.

this is also for those who might not have to go through that ordeal because of the advancements being made all the time for the prevention and cure of cancer.

thanks again for your fantastic help.

mr.l - i think you may be right. i'll up my goal a bit.

and thank you for the donation, pete!

went running this morning (and a beautiful morning it is here in 'ull). we did 3.5+ miles then went for a coffee. morning is defo our best time to run. no traffic - this week no kids - just us and the spring flowers. hull is awash with dafs this year.

we will up the mileage each t ime a little. we only run twice a week and it's 6 weeks sunday til the race so we only have 12 more runs before the big day.

thanks again, pete and to the others who have donated. :D

http://www.justgiving.com/Lattie-LorainneArnell

It's on the way Lattie xxxx...... :D and I think , like Mr L you can afford to up your target ..... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Lattie, I'm sorry I really really can't do anything at the moment... Mortgage due next week and touch and go whether I'll manage it. :-( If I can get my finances back in order before your run, I will try though.

I beg you, get a mod to change your title. It made my hackles rise just to read it, even as a spoof!!!! :oops::-D (I can't start to describe my contempt for the programme you are spoofing... Long story. Or maybe not. some other time maybe. :razz:)

dear johnnymitch and tillie, thanks for the donations - i'm really thrilled with all the support. jm, i think you are right -i'll put up my goal again.

better to start small and put it up than be struggling.

bookie, i bet i don't like her as much as you don't but as they say, all publicity is good publicity and no one does publicity better than she does.

don't think she will get me for plagerism do you?!:rolleyes:

thanks again guys, i'm truly grateful

it never ceases to amaze me how many people's have been affected by cancer. it's about bloody time we get to grips with it and get rid of it.

my total for last year's race for life was just over £800 - thanks in no small part to the generosity of caggers.

bring it on - 10k this time - it won't be pretty but we'll do it!