what lattie did next...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bookie, i bet i don't like her as much as you don't but as they say, all publicity is good publicity and no one does publicity better than she does.

don't think she will get me for plagerism do you?!:rolleyes:

What Katy Did is a children's book written by Susan Coolidge, the pen name of Sarah Chauncey Woolsey. It follows the adventures of Katy Carr and her family, growing up in midwestern America in the 1860s.

Two sequels follow Katy as she grows up - What Katy Did at School and What Katy Did Next.

Think your safe Lattie its an old and well used book title which has been plagiarised many times... Pete Docherty seems to have been particularly interested in the title, both the Libertines and Babyshambles have recorded tracks with that name :) and as the holder of an American passport I think you probably have as much right as anyone to use a fellow countrywoman's works to promote a charity event :D.

pete

it never ceases to amaze me how many people's have been affected by cancer. it's about bloody time we get to grips with it and get rid of it.

I could not agree more Lattie,

My donation will be in memory of my 1st wife Margaret, her sister Mary and her mum, also Mary. This 'orrible disease took the three of them in the early nineties.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

don't worry mazck, whenever and whatever is perfectly ok with me.

ran 4 miles yesterday and we didn't fall over or pass out - so, all is well.

running again on monday.

i've decided on a goal - my goal shall be to finish before the guy who is running the race backwards. yes, one noble soul has decided to run the hull10k backwards. don't you just love the great eccentric british spirit!

always someone to try something a little different.

i could try running in high heels but think just completing the 10k will be challenge enough.

thankx pete for the bump

and mr. lex, i will think of the 3m's on the day, along with quite a few others

http://www.justgiving.com/Lattie-LorainneArnell

10K runner Jon putting his best foot backwards | Hull Daily Mail ...

Edited by lateralus
adding link

:eek:what a girl won't do to get back on page 1.

it seems i have developed a PVD. there is no tear in the retina, :Dbut because i have had this pvd thingy, the eye guy said i've to take it easy for 2 weeks to let it settle down. :( it's apparently age related (i've had no knocks to the head that i can remember). so no running (or gardening, etc.) for 2 weeks which means we will only have 3 weeks to up our mileage from 4 miles to get ready for the 6 miles on the day! yikes!!!

it will now be nip and tuck whether we are ready for the race

we will complete the course even if we have to walk but we'd rather run.

so, still looking for sponsors;)

and some words of sympathy would be good too.

this is me today after drops in my eyes: :cool:

Aw Latty , sorry to hear that :( ..... it seems that fate is trying to discourage you from running...... but it should know better .... :rolleyes:. We all know you'll be there if at all possible .....

However ,seriously Latty ... if it's going to be dangerous for you to take part ..... don't do it ..... I'm sure we'd all rather have you fit & well than all the fund-raising money in the world ...... and whatever happens.... my contribution stays with you .................:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hee Hee....and you're looking on the bright side through eye-drops ??:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Latty you would be the first to tell us to rest so take a leaf out of your own book and listen to the Doctor. As you say you can walk the race if need be and I'm with Duke ..... my money stays with you.

Take care special lady xx

I will be thinking of you whilst I am laid on a beach sunning myself !

Dont worry Lattie. You will do it one way or another cos your made of strong stuff like me. It does not matter how long it takes. Tha fact that you are doing it matters.

Hugs xxx

had a good night at the pub - collected £64 in sponsorships. plus the £180 online contributions - makes a good 224 total. great!!

but being the greedy sort - i'd like to make it a bigger total.

Running tomorrow morning - first time in 2 weeks.

please sponsor me if you can

thankx

jogging_running_bear_photosculpture-p153513791802373543qdjh_400.jpg

another nice donation, this one from the u.s., and it's looking do-able. might raise the target again.

went for a run at 7am today - sun was out, it was chilly but not too bad, no traffic, it was great! (later we had wind and hail and lots of weather)

after not running for 18 days we did our longest distance yet - 4.5 miles and it was exactly 60 minutes. so maybe 90 for the 10k is realistic after all - maybe even 80 if we put the pedal to the metal.

all donations are appreciated, no matter the size.

hulllogo.jpg

You are amazing Latty !!!

C'mon Guys and Gals, if you haven't done it yet ....... support Latty with whatever you can afford ....... every little helps :),...as the wee boy said as he peed in the sea ..... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

You are amazing Latty !!!

C'mon Guys and Gals, if you haven't done it yet ....... support Latty with whatever you can afford ....... every little helps :),...as the wee boy said as he peed in the sea ..... :D

:eek:

passes the soap to Johnny:p

Just gonna have to keep giving you a liccle bump lattie :D

passes the soap to Johnny:p

Who'll probably slip on it ...... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit