Littlewoods statement changes.

lilchris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have used Littlewoods for years formely under the Brian mills brand.Recently on 2 occasions I have been charged £12 for late payment.They always worked on a 4 weekly cycle but now seemed to have changed to a monthly bill. Only problem my recent statement was dated the 13th march 2010 but I did not recieve it till the 24th march with a payby date of 3/4/2010,which does not give you much time to pay.I fortunately usually pay on the internet but anybody paying by cheque or over the counter at a bank could easliy get caught out. I have complained and I managed toget my £12 refunded but it seems like a [problem] to me. I am called a platinum customer,but if i buy nothing they threaten to reduce my status,it seems over 20 years as a customer means nothing nowadays.

Hello and Welcome, lilchris.

I'll move your post to start a new thread, I agree about your 20 years as a customer quote, nobody seems to give a jot these days how long you've been with them.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad to see they reimbursed you the charge. And so they should ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

4 weekley to monthly? I am on 28days and they have blocked my account because their system is making my pay due date earlier and earlier each month. I get paid 1st of every month but they dont give a ****...I am writing to [email protected] - CEO of littlewoods and other catalogue companies.

They brought the payment date forward on my Littlewoods account which is on a 28 day cycle. I am paid 4 weekly and my payment was always due 2 0r 3 days after payday but now it is the week before which has led me to be charged every month, the one month I made a double payment to get me ahead but they used it to clear BNPL and left me with the same problem. It iis extremely annoying.

I am trying to claim back charges and have almost cleared my balance so will be closing my account soon.

I think it's a cash cow as most won't realise that the payment gets earlier each month until one month you have 2 payments to make in the same month, that's when you will be late and they can add their charge.

I agree Conniff, well I have had a reply from shopdirect and they are "investigating" my complaint - whatever they will just sit on it for a few days and then write to me to say tough **** thats the way we roll.

another email address for ya is [email protected] who is a Customer Excellence Officer for the Shop Direct Group Contact Centres.

ill keep ya updated.

From experience, I can tell you they will do f*** all. You'll get a template letter saying sorry you're not happy, charges were applied correctly, here's the Ombudsman address if you're still not happy.

They did the same to me when they first changed the system, screwed up all my account, wouldn't listen, wouldn't meet me 1/2 way, at which point, after months and months of back and forth, I said "sod it", CCAed them (knowing well they wouldn't have one, like you I had been a customer for years and years) and never paid them another penny. I am sick of being the only one playing by the rules. So £150 worth of charges has cost them a balance of about £1000, plus all the stuff I used to order as well which over the years has been considerable, you could feed a small African village for years on that. :rolleyes:

My Grattan catalogue also tried to screw me over, same thing. The supposed debt is now doing the rounds of bottom-feeder DCAs, who threaten all kind of sort, well I hope it makes them feel better, lol.

Tip: If you can access your online account, go and change your contact details to a duff phone number or even better, an 0870 one. This way, they can't harass you by phone. :razz: If not, phone their CS line and do it over the phone.