Free Laptops for low income families

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just your child benefit one x

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Fantastic. I had wondered why you were quiet on this one ;):D

Here is the list you need to be under...

Take the quick eligibilty check below. You may be able to qualify for a Home Access Grant if you answer YES to:

• three questions in Section one, and

• at least one question in Section two.

Section One:

Are you a parent or guardian responsible for and living with a child...

…who is in school years 3 to 9 inclusive?

…who attends a state-maintained school in England full time**?

…who has not already had a computer from a Home Access Grant or similar programme, such as Computers for Pupils?

Section Two:

Do you receive at least one of the following?

• Free school meals for your child***

• Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance

• Income support

• Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and an income of less than £16,040

• Guaranteed Pension Credit (not Savings Credit)

• Income-based Employment Support Allowance

• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well, I didn't think I would, because when I first read about it, a) I thought T would be too old :rolleyes:, b) his SEN school is private and the info I first read didn't say anything about paid for by the LA, just that they had to be in state school, you see... The info has been clarified now and it does say that if the LA are paying then he's entitled. So fingers crossed... He could do with a new laptop, the one he uses works by ropes and pulleys and a hamster in a wheel to power it. :razz:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got my forms today, but I can't work out: does "income" mean gross or net?

If it's gross, because I get the princely Carer's Allowance of £50 a week, then I wouldn't qualify. If it's net, then we are well below the limit.

Does anyone know??? :-(

Can I ask those that got the free laptops which one they got, its hard picking a good one from all the available. Also how did you get the 12 month Internet dongle, that option doesn't seem to be available on the comet web site.

I got the Acer Extensa laptop from Comet. I had to go to the store to collect it. I love the laptop but it does not have a Webcam.

My mum got the Toshiba laptop ordered from XMA through her local T-Mobile store. They had a special offer which included a Lexmark all in one printer. She ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived the following day.

Both the Toshiba and Samsung laptops have webcams and they can both be ordered from your local T-Mobile store once you have your Home Access Grant card and PIN number.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Ok, got my forms today, but I can't work out: does "income" mean gross or net?

If it's gross, because I get the princely Carer's Allowance of £50 a week, then I wouldn't qualify. If it's net, then we are well below the limit.

Does anyone know??? :-(

Could there be any harm in giving the net figure? If queried you can claim an 'administrative error' ;)

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

I didn't think carers had to be declared. I could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

F&Q's... Read here

Well, it has to be declared for tax credits and does show on my CTC form, so don't thing I could get away with that one, lol. It IS classified as taxable income... I will be well p*ssed off if the piddly amount I get for caring 24/7 means we are then considered as earning too much to qualify. :mad:

Well, it is because I am not earning anything else, so the yearly CA doesn't come anywhere near what the tax allowance threshold, so in my case, gross and net income are the same. If that all makes sense. :oops: But for claiming something like tax credit, both my husband's income AND my CA are taken into account when they work them out. So DH's gross income + CA = Over the threshold. Bt DH's NET income + CA = below threshold. Hence my query.

Now I remember why I hated the accounting module in Business Studies!

As its a means tested scheme im assuming they're interested in the actual amount of money coming into the household, which would be the net wouldnt it?

Also, as the form specifies neither gross nor net I don't see how youd be

doing anything wrong by giving the net figure. Perhaps just write net income on the form.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

• 1 month later...
I got the Acer Extensa laptop from Comet. I had to go to the store to collect it. I love the laptop but it does not have a Webcam.

My mum got the Toshiba laptop ordered from XMA through her local T-Mobile store. They had a special offer which included a Lexmark all in one printer. She ordered it on a Wednesday and it arrived the following day.

Both the Toshiba and Samsung laptops have webcams and they can both be ordered from your local T-Mobile store once you have your Home Access Grant card and PIN number.

Yeah we got one for our son as well, ordered on line last saturday, and it was delivered yesterday, Son is really happy :D

So are we :D

The only problem we have got is the internet connection is T mobile, and it is terrible. The connection is hit and miss and so very slow.

I will have to see if we could get it changed maybe.

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 years later...