• Tweets

• That is great news. Many people would have given up and paid after losing two appeals so well done for hanging in and fighting. It has paid off and they have finally backed down before getting whipped in Court. I looked at your NTD and your NTK again to see if there was a chance of going for a breach of your GDPR. Sadly although your NTK on its own could have well deserved a claim, the NTD is good enough not to warrant a claim even though it wasn;t compliant with PoFA. As it is the first Notice that mostly accounts for  GDPR breaches there is a reasonable cause for the NTD to have been issued. However you are now freed from worries about appearing in Court and you have learnt about the dangers of parking especially where the rogues that patrol private parking spaces are concerned. Thank you for making a donation and should you fall victim in the future to the parking rogues or anything else that we protect from, you are always welcome .
    • Hi guys I'm about to submit the defence as per below     There has been no reply to our CPR 31:14 request.  Is it worth adding that I (driver, not registered keeper) didn't actually enter or park in the car park and was sat at the petrol station forecourt the entire time?  Or is that covered by the simple points?   Thanks
    • a DCA is not a bailiff and cant enforce anything, even if they've been to court who are they please? sar to the original creditor FIO isnt applicable they are not a public body. who was this query sent too all the more reason to teach her young upon how these powerless DCA's monsters  work... she must stop payments now  
    • Unsettling the applecart?,  I'm going to be direct here, I know how this works , I've been in far worse situation than your relative, and I can assure you , now that there i likely a default in her name, it makes absolutely ZERO difference if she pays or not. Denzel Washington in the Equalizer , 'My only regret is that I can't kill you twice'... It's the same with a default, they can only do it once and it stays on your credit file for 6 years if she pays or not, and as it stands right now she's flushing £180 of her hard earned money down the toilet  so that the chaps at Lowell can afford a Christmas party. As for the SAR this is everybody's legal right, originally under the Data Protection act 1998 and now under GDPR, it's her right to find out everything that the original Creditor has on her file, and by not doing it the only person she is doing a massive disservice to is her self. As the father of 2 young adults myself, they need to learn at some point.. right?
    • Thank you for your pointers - much appreciated. dx100uk - Apologies, my request wasn't for super urgent advice and I have limited online access due to my long working hours and caring obligations - the delay in my response doesn't arise in any way from disrespect or ingratitude. I will speak to her at the weekend and see if she will open up a bit more about this, and allow me to submit the subject access request you advise - the original creditor is 118 118 loans and from the letter I saw (which prompted the conversation and the information) the debt collection agency had bought the debt from 118 and were threatening enforcement which is when she has made a payment arrangement with them for an amount of £180 per month. It looks as if she queried matters at the time (so I wonder if I might with the FIO request get access to their investigation file?) - the letter they wrote said "The information that you provided has been carefully considered and reviewed. After all relevant enquiries were made it has been confirmed that there is not enough evidence present to conclusively prove that this application was fraudulent.  However, we have removed the interest as a gesture of goodwill. As a result of the findings, you will be held liable for the capital amount on the loan on the basis of the information found during the investigation and you will be pursued for repayment of the loan agreement executed on 2.11.2022 in accordance with Consumer Credit Act 1974"  The amount at that time was over £3600 in arrears, as no payments had been made on it since inception and I think she only found out about it when a default notice came in paper form. I'm a little reluctant to advise her to just stop paying, and would like to be able to form a view in relation to her position and options before unsetting the applecart - do you think this is reasonable? She is young and inexperienced with these things and getting into this situation has brought about a lot of shame regarding inability to sort things out/stand up for herself, which is one of the reasons I have only found out about this considerably later Thank you once again for your advice - it is very much appreciated.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)Info and discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Fuzzbutt for the info and guidance above I'll certainly be following that advice up.

Also thank you for all the work you're doing organising all this and the hours and hours you've kindly put in for our benefit. We'll give them a fight they think they're untouchable, arrogant B@!!tids They said.... "Further, we don't consider that section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 operates to make the agreement invalid in any way and accordingly your obligations under the loan agreement continue" Huh!! they think not.

You're welcome, Bluedo.

Basically I think that implicates Barclays in being too heavy handed and going against the Lending Standards Board code they supposedly adhere to, by demanding payment from people who are in dispute over their accounts.

I mean £500-550 is my currant monthly salary, and thats what its costing for starting the legal proceedings so its way too much for someone like me to even comprehend. I would if I could but I am holding on for CAG, Fuzzbutt and also possibly Watchdog to start kicking them in the rear. I am pretty broke and have a dependent. I am already in my overdraw this month and have no money to even get my wife a £20 gift. So I will have to wait till next pay day which is after her birthday to buy her something.

So if I am struggling for £20 to buy a gift you can imagine that there are many more people in the same predicament. The Solicitors is a great idea for those who have a little on the side but for many here its a struggle and don't have much money. Most are trying to find another way to resolve this without having to pay more than they already have. I can understand where you are coming from, and I would spend that to get rid of all this mess, but its just not a option.

Hi Sajstar, I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like you'd qualify for legal aid, i.e. you could get a solicitor paid for you by the council. Just call a couple of local solicitors and make an appointment and see what the crack is. There are things in place for people who can't afford legal fees.

guyz, it seems BPF people lost their minds some where..:lol:, they called me y'day and ask payment for this month, i just ignored them n called today to let them know that my account is in dispute and can't force me to make payments. also explained them about computeach not responding to my mails..i was toally in shock by their response, she told me that its my problem and i've to wait for the response from carpteach(becoz they r really busy wit sorting students courses)..also insists that the payments should taken from my account from may..so they are not sure when to take the payment.

they r really quick to setup direct debit on my account as they had my bank details. When i checked my account today, i noticed direct debit from them and straight away cancel that one..

Fuzzbutt thanx alot for adding me in ur list..cheers.

Well it's the 23rd April - the date BFP are supposed to get back to me about my complaint after one of their 'dedicated complaint handlers' has looked into it. Wonder what fob off letter I'll receive when I get home tonight. Anyone else received one of these today?

Fuzz is going to be rather Fuzzy with all that beer :)

Hi Raj4u,

If a DD gets cancelled I thought you'd have to sign a new mandate to start it again I think Barclays didn't cancel the DD's just said they did to everyone.

Don't they make you mad? "they said it was your problem?" How do they work that out? They're trying to pass the buck here.

I found this post on FB it is one of many that shows the problems Computeach students are complaining about and BPF want us to just go along with this. So they can fulfil their part in the agreement. Unbelievable :mad:

computeach screwed me good style i got a loan for £5000 after that every exam i was doing thay was marking it wrong plus thay was sposed to take money out of my acount in march but thay thorght it would be fun to take it out 3 monthes earlyer which made me over drawn by £850 which caused my back to shut down my acount when i question this with computeach thay said there nothing i can do then the cheeky ring sausages said that my course was out of date so no more tutor help or studing matirial will be given to me but if i would like to pay another £5000 thay would be happy to starty the course up again just one question is this legal i payed them to teach me C++ and guess what ive not being taught C++ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hi fuzzbutt

I emailed you twice but not sure, M i on your list? Can you please confirm it. Thanks a lot for your efforts and time

You're welcome, Bluedo.

Basically I think that implicates Barclays in being too heavy handed and going against the Lending Standards Board code they supposedly adhere to, by demanding payment from people who are in dispute over their accounts.

Barclays don't cancel DD's. I was advised to cancel the DD with my bank when the account was frozen. I also got them to send me a letter to confirming that this was their instruction.

As far as I am aware, they are not allowed to setup a DD and are required to send out a new mandate which you must sign and return with your bank details. By taking money without your consent, they are stealing.

Lankus, I had one response on 1st April to "my letter" advising that it was being investigated and that I would hear back from them on the 15th April, but have had no further letters from them. I wonder if the first was some sort of April fools joke lol.

Hi fuzzbutt

I emailed you twice but not sure, M i on your list? Can you please confirm it. Thanks a lot for your efforts and time

If you've emailed Fuzz then you will be included.

I would suggest that anyone emailing Fuzz requests a receipt so that you know it's been received/read.

got two letters from barclays today one saying that i've missed payments and the other saying that they recived my letter of complaint .

It says that they don,t see a difference between advent and computeach

and that i don,t have to take the course but i still have to pay them as s75 of the consumer credit act does not apply to this case!

what cheek!!

did any one else recieve any letters like this?

got two letters from barclays today one saying that i've missed payments and the other saying that they recived my letter of complaint .

It says that they don,t see a difference between advent and computeach

and that i don,t have to take the course but i still have to pay them as s75 of the consumer credit act does not apply to this case!

what cheek!!

did any one else recieve any letters like this?

What they just try to do is to make you think this loan with them was a personal loan - section 75 wouldn't apply then. Do not agree to that.

8.- (1) A personal credit agreement is an agreement between an individual ("the debtor") and any other person ("the creditor") by which the creditor provides the debtor with credit of any amount.

12. A debtor-creditor-supplier agreement is a regulated consumer credit agreement being -

(a) a restricted use credit agreement which falls within section 11(1)(a), or

(b) a restricted use credit agreement which falls within section 11(1)(b) and is made by the creditor under preexisting arrangements, or in contemplation of future arrangements, between himself and the supplier, or

© an unrestricted use credit agreement which is made by the creditor under preexisting arrangements between himself and a person (the "supplier") other than the debtor in the knowledge that the credit is to be used to finance a transaction between the debtor and the supplier.

they can't get away with that :D

Personally if BPF were to start phoning me and hassling me I would put them "on hold" by putting phone next to an endless music source. Let's waste their time (& money!) like they're wasting ours!! :p

Heh heh....:D

I'd like them to hear Monty Python's theme tune, that intro bit where the big foot comes down and ..ooh dear! Splat! The little flag pops up and it's Barclays squashed underfoot, by us,,,all the little people! :D

If you've emailed Fuzz then you will be included.

I would suggest that anyone emailing Fuzz requests a receipt so that you know it's been received/read.

FUZZBUTT IS ONE PERSON, struggling to co-ordinate this ALONE!

THAT IS ME!!!

YOU WILL NOT GET A RECEIPT BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE AND I AM WORKING ALONE ON THIS!!!! 300+ PEOPLE HAVE CONTACTED ME SO IF YOU WANT A PERSONAL REPLY, YOU'LL HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT! I ALREADY SPEND 2HOURS EACH EVENING ON THIS. NO ONE PAYS ME - I DO IT BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT!

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO HAS OFFERED HELP.

SOME MEMBERS HAVE OFFERED HELP INSTEAD OF DEMANDING AND WHINING!!

BLESS YOU. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. THANK YOU. :)

Edited by Fuzzbutt

FUZZBUTT IS ONE PERSON, struggling to co-ordinate this ALONE!

THAT IS ME!!!

YOU WILL NOT GET A RECEIPT BECAUSE I HAVE A LIFE AND I AM WORKING ALONE ON THIS!!!! 300+ PEOPLE HAVE CONTACTED ME SO IF YOU WANT A PERSONAL REPLY, YOU'LL HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT! I ALREADY SPEND 2HOURS EACH EVENING ON THIS. NO ONE PAYS ME - I DO IT BECAUSE IT IS RIGHT!

THANKS FOR ANYONE WHO HAS OFFERED HELP.

SOME MEMBERS HAVE OFFERED HELP INSTEAD OF DEMANDING AND WHINING!!

BLESS YOU. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. THANK YOU. :)

Fuzz, I meant the automatic receipt of the email which goes when you read them, not one that you have to personally type to people individually. It's requested by the sender and lets them know you've read it.

Hi all,

Been keeping a little up to date with the progress you lot have been having and looking for anything that may help us guys/gals with Hitachi capital. I do find it rather silly how Barclays claim that S75 does not apply to this when if you have a read through on our thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/students/244742-advent-computer-training-hitachi.html you can see it clearly does. So far we have been offered refunds under S75 of the CCA but for most of us the offers have been rather silly. Overall I do not see why any of you here should be having a hard time with Barclays as I can see they are blatantly stringing you along for as long as poss but as soon as a solicitor gets involved they should buckle as it would cost them more in legal fees etc. In the end we should all come out happy, unfortunately us lot with Hitachi now need to contact solicitors as Hitachi are claiming that the course was of 'pay as you go' standard which is a load of bull, hell if it was I certainly would not be fighting like the rest of you!! We will all win in the end I'm certain of it!!!

I have sent my complaint to the FO 2day, I spoke to em ova the phone regarding barclays .... they were due to phone me in relation to my complaint on the 26th march !! which they neva ! and then they promised that someone was going to ring me on the 22nd april which they neva !! I have wrote letters to them insisting that they should write to me about mY COMPLAINT and not send me letters that they send to every 1 !!!!

I have sent my letters to them recorded delivery ! and FO said to me that I can now complain as it has been over 8 weeks since I first wrote to Barclays ! I have got together a very big file of the letters I have recieved and sent to them!!!

One of my friends used to work wid Barclays, not sure which department and he did mention to me that complaining wid the FO is the best idea for everyone !!

Barclays are going down !! big time! I cant wait to get my money back !!!

Fuzz, I meant the automatic receipt of the email which goes when you read them, not one that you have to personally type to people individually. It's requested by the sender and lets them know you've read it.

Apologies Juicybuns, yes, you're right, forgive my rant (I didn't read what you'd written properly) - just been trying to sort all this out and had 101 emails all asking 'what is happenng' that has taken a whole evening to reply to. Unless the sender sets a 'read receipt' before sending the email they won't get an automatic bounce back message, which means I feel obliged to reply personally. I try and acknowledge everyone who's written in, as it just seems polite to do that but it is very time-consuming.

Edited - Apologies again for the rant - seem to have spent all week of my evenings on this computer. :oops:

Edited by Fuzzbutt

No problem Fuzz :)

It is great what you're doing for the community and I understand the pressure you're under trying to organize this all by yourself. You are entitled to your own free time as those of us who aren't leading this, so don't put all of your time into just doing this.

We are in a very frustrating situation and with the wolves at peoples door, it's difficult for people to remain calm and focused. We all know things are moving behind the scenes and are very appreciative of the work you're doing Fuzz :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks