• Tweets

• Hi friends,  I’m a bit worried I may have got confused with timings here. I thought I had 33 days from my acknowledgment to submit a defence but the date added above says 3/6/24.   have I missed the date?   if so how can I apply for an exception due to my disability and problems with deadlines and dates etc (ADHD)?   what should I submit as a defence?   I’ve had no reply from BW so far 
    • Normally we don't advise playing your cards early in a snotty letter, but as you have appealed we might as well use what you wrote in the appeal against them. There is no rush, you have until 6 July to get it to them.  See what the other regulars think too. How about something like this? -   Dear Rachael & Sean, cheers for your Letter of Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea you'd actually thought I'd take such tripe seriously and would cough up! As usual you'll have been too bone idle to do any due diligence.  Had you done so you would have seen that I appealed to your client.  Indeed the driver on the day is a textbook example of having done exactly what you should do when you do not wish to be bound by the T&Cs in a private car park. Of course none of that mattered to the spivs you represent but do you really want to put such a useless case in front of a judge? To be fair, your clients are very useful members of the human race - as comedians.  How I loved the page turner of their antics at The Citrus Building in Bournemouth.  It was chuckle after chuckle reading about them, letter after letter, month after month, insisting they were legally in the right, even through someone who had done just the first day of a GCSE law course could have told them they weren't.  Until the denouement - BOOM - an absolute hammering in court.  In fact - SLAM, BANG - managing to lose twice against the same motorist for the same car park in front of two different judges. Your client can either drop their foolishness now or get yet another tolchocking* in court where I will go for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and spend the dosh on a nice summer holiday, while every day laughing at your clients' expense. I look forward to your deafening silence. COPIED TO COUNTRYWIDE PARKING MANAGEMENT LTD   *  This word is used under licence from Brassnecked
    • Well yes, ... and the tax dodgers ... Trump May Owe $100 Million From Double-Dip Tax Breaks, Audit Shows A previously unknown focus of an I.R.S. audit is a dubious accounting maneuver that effectively meant taking the same write-offs twice on a Chicago skyscraper. nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM  
    • more detest the insurrectional ex variety dx
    • Laura, I was surprised that the Director said that you hadn't appealed twice. I thought that the letter you posted on 24th June was the second appeal and that was to the IAS. And they did say that there was no further appeal possible. Could you please explain how many times you appealed. I am going to read your WS now. PS  Yes I meant to say that the keeper did not have a licence therefore it was wrong of them to assume he was the driver and the keeper. Thanks for picking that up.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cant pay at all, debtor's prison next?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those that can help, usually like to know what the Particulars of Claim are....you can find that on the blue N1 form from the court. Also if you have received documents from LLoyds, what did you actually receive and can you post up the Agreement if you have it.

It helps for others to help with your case

[/url]

Edited by steve4kendal

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you play with different links I think you will find a way of going just to those photos or set up an album with access just to LTSB.

Or, you could set up another account in a new name.

... and ask a mod to change his username on here too?

S.

I joined here as a last resort for urgent advice. I suddenly get the uneasy feeling that perhaps there are things, or posters/watchers that I should be wary of. :eek: If I may be doing my case more harm than good, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me (by PM), that all is well or not on this board. :confused: Steve.

I joined here as a last resort for urgent advice. I suddenly get the uneasy feeling that perhaps there are things, or posters/watchers that I should be wary of. :eek: If I may be doing my case more harm than good, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me (by PM), that all is well or not on this board. :confused: Steve.

Hi and welcome to CAG,

You need to start your own thread to gain the best advice on the subject that is causing you worry and that you need help with :)

Generally speaking you will get good advice on here that has been tried and tested. Just check the number of posts a member has made and how long they have been posting. We do get the odd DCA threat monkey on here giving duff info but they are generally easy to suss and soon dispatched. Be wary of PMs unless you know the sender. If you are in any doubt hit the triangle button and voice your concerns to a MOD:)

Hi and welcome to CAG,

You need to start your own thread to gain the best advice on the subject that is causing you worry and that you need help with :)

BB, this is his thread :)

s4k, you have to be aware that Banks ect do troll these forums, thats why it's always adviseable to remove all personal details as not to be identified.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi the majority of site members are or have been in the same position as you. You will find great support and advice from these people.

However we do get some 'trolls' who we believe work for DCAs and who are usually removed from the site quite quickly.

The other problem is that certain banks/DCAs/ solicitors are known to use the site to try and work out what their clients will be doing. This why you are advised to use a name that is not yours and to remove identifying information. If your user name is similar to your own name, press the red triangle and ask the site team to remove your name and replace it with something different.

Good luck, you will receive help and support.

Those that can help, usually like to know what the Particulars of Claim are....you can find that on the blue N1 form from the court. Also if you have received documents from LLoyds, what did you actually receive and can you post up the Agreement if you have it.

It helps for others to help with your case

Thanks for all the reassuring words here. I,m not changing my user name because it is not my own anyway. I am sure lots of people look at this site and thats how it should be. I now figured out how to post individual piccies of the agreement pages. Which specific ones are required please? Cheers, Willie Shaftem? (AKA Steve4Kendal)

Thanks for all the reassuring words here. I,m not changing my user name because it is not my own anyway. I am sure lots of people look at this site and thats how it should be. I now figured out how to post individual piccies of the agreement pages. Which specific ones are required please? Cheers, Willie Shaftem? (AKA Steve4Kendal)

If you have them:

- CCAs for loans (the ones with APR, monthly payments details etc)

- Terms and Conditions sheets for the loans/credit cards

- Statement of means sheets or equivalent questionnaires which they used to determine whether the PPI was suitable for you or not

- Any default notices

- Particulars of claim for the court action

...theres probably more, but that should keep you busy :)

Well before I even look, I know that there was no questionnaire or debate about the PPI. I did ask about the PPI because I had the 2 jobs then, but was assured that it was OK and mandatatory. The Loan (a)rranger toilet.gifknew that she was committing my entire income, but said there was no choice about it. :evil:

Ok so not only was PPI mis-sold but the actual loan may have been irresponsibly lending also. Does the paperwork you have show this clearly?

S.

Well before I even look, I know that there was no questionnaire or debate about the PPI. I did ask about the PPI because I had the 2 jobs then, but was assured that it was OK and mandatatory. The Loan (a)rranger toilet.gifknew that she was committing my entire income, but said there was no choice about it. :evil:

Mis-sold PPI? Excellent news!

Im sure Ive read somewhere on here that if the PPI is part of your loan agreement and this is proven as being mis-sold then this could also render your whole loan agreement as unenforcable as the figures would now be incorrect. Im sure somebody will be able to confirm.

Even if not though, you can claim the PPI back at least.

Since you have court proceedings to contend with, somebody more knowledgable than me will need to advise how best to proceed (ie the correct sequence in which to tackle everything)

First things first, we need to see the documents! :D

Edited by djwigster
added a bit

The last document says

"If you choose to purchase the PPI"

However, you are saying you were advised this was mandatory ?

Did the rep not go through a means and needs check with you .. ie income and expenditure ?.

I rather suspect that it might be a good idea to make a Subject Access Request if you havent already done so.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, I received court papers a couple of weeks ago and responded to say that I had no knowledge of the loan as I never had any paperwork at all from lloyds in spite of asking. They now sent me the copies, so i wrote back to Lloyds HO complaining that I would never have taken the loan if I had known I wasnt protected for unemployment. Also wrote to their sols telling them about this. What happens next?

Aha, you have received court papers. Could you please let us know what the particulars of claims say.. on the left hand side of the form. Also we need to know the date of issue.. top right hand of form.

There is a timeline you need to adhere to.

Date of issue + 5 days if issued out of Northampton or + 3 days if issued from a local court. Time allowed for receipt.

From receipt you have +14 days to acknowledge whether you are going to defend or not then a further 14 days to enter your defence.

If you dont have all the information you require in order to defend fully then you will need to get a request off to the solicitor asap.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Update. I wrote back to Lloyds complaining about the PPI, because I wouldnt have borrowed the money Knowing that I wasnt covered and also about the fact that they shouldnt have lent me this money anyway. At same time I wrote to their sols telling them what I was doing and havent heard back from the court yet, but today two letters landed. One from LTSB insurance acknowledging my complaint ,saying that they will respond within 8 weeks and one from the bank saying similar. Watch this space! :D

Not wanting to be a killjoy but have you entered any kind of defence yet... how tight are the deadlines...

If you miss them they can apply for a judgment in default despite what the letters they have sent you state... be forewarned!

S.

• 3 weeks later...