They will make her bankrupt for 4000 pounds, help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i took the stat demand into court with the affidavit, pointed out the error, the usher just told my wife to sign as received on the 18th nov, i said we cant as we disdnt receive it, but, the guy who delivered it, put a hand written note in our letterbox...so that is proof is it not?

hi, i know its late n all, but just got a letter not off hamiltons, but off loveus...states.."We refer to your request for a copy of your original credit agreement in accordance with te provisions of the section 77 (1) and /or 78 (1) of the consumer credit act 1974".

"This account from which the above amount relates is due to a bank acc ..any requirment to supply a copy of the agreement is exempt for current bank accounts..." this is a different account to the other thing..

On that front, hearing is 29th dec..what should we do to present eveidence in court?..was going away for xmas but cant now due to the hearing..the judge as seen the affidavit...and marked 15 mins hearing on it...advice please thanks.......

Beaconsman, we need to know for sure what type of account this is.

If a current account is the amount they are claiming to do with overdraft charges ?

If it IS a credit card, then it would appear the DCA / solicitor is attempting to be misleading.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OP is now talking about 2 things I think. First is a new thing a bank it seems.

QUOTE:

hi, i know its late n all, but just got a letter not off hamiltons, but off loveus...states.."We refer to your request for a copy of your original credit agreement in accordance with te provisions of the section 77 (1) and /or 78 (1) of the consumer credit act 1974".

"This account from which the above amount relates is due to a bank acc ..any requirment to supply a copy of the agreement is exempt for current bank accounts..." this is a different account to the other thing..

Followed by original problem.

hi, no, the stat demand is for a ccard..they sent two letters with two different account numbers, one they say they canot get the cca as it is a bank acc...this one (ccard) they have asked for more time but it court is tomorrow, we have a letter to pick up that is to be signed for but will b too later for us as we will be in town tomorrow morning..also need to know what should do today fr my wife s she will be going in, i have to look after my daughter and dont want her near the court..we have the cca and sar req letters, so my wife can state that we havent reicieved them yet..if ever..what else can i do to pusuade the judge?..will the other sde turn up?..

You need to prepare a schedule of costs and ask the judge to look at them tomorrow as you were unable to guarantee delivery due to Xmas post ;)

Here's an example of costs for an SD case:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/204078-capquest-issue-bankruptcy-notification-6.html#post2276998

Hi, our afffidavit is on the thread, i included the costs on this, do we have to make another one for tomorrow..is it a good thing if the other side fail to turn up?..we hope thatit gets set aside, if it does (fingers crossed) what would be our next step, also the cca hasnt turned up yet either.

hi all, just getting ready to go to the court, have no idea of what to do now as havend had any responses into the set aside process at court, all we have is the fact that they havent complied with the cca or sar, so we can say the alleged debt is in dispute..an offer of payment was made but they refused, snce then, my wife has been pursuing if they are entitled to collect the debt in the first place...if we win, do they pay us costsas stated previously in our affidavit?..just off to get changed

thanks al for the help, will post this afternoon...

sorry beaconsman, only just seen this.

Good luck for today. I have my fingers crossed for you. Please report back as soon as you can:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

we lost. £4000 charging order and £50 a month repayment...as for the court case referred to in our affidavit, judge didnt want to know...we have until feb to put a claim forward or settle, my wife is pregnant so we r settling, end of case. other side did turn up, bought out reams of letters which we havent received....judge basically said to settle as if it went to court, wife would be made to go bankcrupt..due to her profession, we cant do this...they r using this against her as wel and the barstards know it...we have no cca prrof, nothing, yet the judge went with them,,,sucks big time....

it was a credit card and yes, they can have a charging order put on...

I'm still confused. One of the defences to a stat demand is to offer security by way of a charge over a property. Is this what you did or did the judge impose a charging order? Did you sign something agreeing to a charge?

judge said to do this....she said we would lose it went further...not being funny, but they can bully us into thinking we have the upper hand, please please, dont take all the advice on here as gospel, i did, used everyhting that was sent to me but int he end it turned out [pretty useless as the judge didnt want to know half of the affidavit....refuse to lose the house over bankruptcy for 4grand, face it they won...

Thanks to all who gave advice on this matter, we will be in touch with them to agree to a charging order...and repayment plan.

case is adjourned until 2nd febr as we send a witness statement in, but if we fail, then they can go ahead and make my wife bankrupt, due to her proefession, we cannot allow this, so are settling witha charging order..and repayment. Unlike others, we cannot afford to take a massive risk on our property, nearly lost our first house, not losing this one...for noone..

ok the creditor has agreed for a charge on the property plus a repayment plan.

that s kind of them......... however i do undestand your position but i must say it would not be my position.

they have not provided a cca if this is right they cant enforce.

what sort of judge did you have for gods sake.

Mrs Thompson went on to say that she had an alternative case which was to the effect that assuming Barclays had failed to produce a s78 copy, the Court had power to order them to do so by way of an injunction. And if they subsequently produce a copy of the signed application form, the issue of an IEA can be looked at then. And if they do not, then the Court should at least make a declaration at common-law, not under si42, that the agreement is permanently unenforceable and not merely unenforceable for the duration of a s78 breach as s78 (6) provides. I do not think that such an alternative argument assists Mrs Thompson. First I have to deal with the principal claim being made now, as to an IEA which is the focus of the applications. Second, the question as to the appropriateness of such an injunction is an open one: paragraph 16 of the judgment of HHJ Brown QC in Rankine (supra) suggests that it may be but that question did not arise directly for that decision there. Third, it ignores the fact that if a proper case of IEA is mounted, disclosure will take place and of course at that point, if not earlier when the bank makes its defence, it is going to have to disclose the documents relevant to that agreement, whether it had to disclose them at the earlier s78 stage or not. Finally, I do not see that a permanent declaration of the kind mentioned by Mrs Thompson would be appropriate when s78 (6) expressly says that the agreement will be enforceable for so long as the breach persists. If it does, the agreement remains unenforceable. If at some later stage it is cured it is difficult to see why the creditor should not then be entitled to enforce.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks