192.com people finder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I-CD's barrister described its business as "a low-cost identity–verification service, particularly for businesses which wish to carry out basic credit-vetting without utilising the more extensive and more costly services of the big credit reference agencies". This is different to Experian, Equifax and Call Credit, as I-CD does not include information about any county court judgments against prospective borrowers."

Make one shiver...OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have nothing to hide and I am sorry that you have taken my comments that way and that a geniune offer of help is being construed as insincere. If you are unhappy that your data is displayed then the removals procedure has already been highlighted in a previous post.

Other than this I would suggest everyone checks with their local councils to ensure that they have been removed from the edited Electoral Roll. Contacts their telecoms company to make sure that they are ex directory and if you are a Director/Secretary of a company contacts Companies House as these are the sources of our data.

Actually the council told me that the date for the change was 2001 but I have moved several times and to different counties, therefore have filled out several electoral role forms and have opted out each time. And how have you looked up my name from my username !!!!!!!!

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

We have nothing to hide and I am sorry that you have taken my comments that way and that a geniune offer of help is being construed as insincere. If you are unhappy that your data is displayed then the removals procedure has already been highlighted in a previous post.

Other than this I would suggest everyone checks with their local councils to ensure that they have been removed from the edited Electoral Roll. Contacts their telecoms company to make sure that they are ex directory and if you are a Director/Secretary of a company contacts Companies House as these are the sources of our data.

Why should consumers have to check?

Your company should ensure that any data that it processes is in fact accurate, prior to publishing said data.

Prior to publishing, 192 should make the appropriate checks itself!

Clearly, no checks are made prior to publishing;

Why Not?

Zoe, can you explain why you have an address listing for me with a former partner at an address I haven't lived at for 12 years and the electoral register listing you have next to that says 2002-2004?

I will certainly be taking this further.

Can you also tell me why I am able to enter false details on your site and am able to buy my own incorrect data?

Edited by kurvaface

the law has never changed

since the start of the DPA 1984, "PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT IS REQUIRED"

there never has been an opt out etc,

because you tried to circumvent the DPA in 2002/3 introducing the OPT OUT, because you cried to the ICO it was too costly to contact everyone on your database, your company assumed it was ok to continue the "OPT OUT"

the Mobile directory set up a few months ago has fallen foul of the same thing , claiming they have a "OPT OUT" pity the ICO wont accept it,

maybe its time the ICO / High Court was asked once again to look @ your operation

problem here is you created it yourself , by trying to justify your company now its coming back to bite you

you should understand that there are users on CAG that come from a Legal background and a few deal with the DPA everyday in their employment with it

192CS would it be possible for you to post the link to the information in order for us to remove our data from your system.

I have also drafted a letter to yourselves today (SAR) requesting all information held by your systems on myself, including screen shots and third party enquieries into my information.

Actually the council told me that the date for the change was 2001 but I have moved several times and to different counties, therefore have filled out several electoral role forms and have opted out each time. And how have you looked up my name from my username !!!!!!!!

Yes, they can trace you via your ISP!

thats only relevent to the electoral role is there no method of removing ALL my data from your sytem?

Serve a DPA Section 10 and;

make formal complaints to:

Christopher Graham;

ICO.

Note that, this must be done en masse!

Hi Kurvaface,

To access ER data, Directors etc a user has to pay to do so. We perform detailed checks to make sure the people purchasing are not fraudulent including manual checks.OK so you have to pay by a credit card that hasnt been reported stolen Each search is logged and kept and our Terms and Conditions state that these logs may be made available to law enforcement agencies. So anyone who is using 192.com for criminal purposes is leaving a detailed audit trail. OK so the IP address of the internet cafe is logged. If they were to go to their local council office/library where they have access to a small paper version of the local area to view these records there wouldn’t be any sort of trail. So you can help the police in a retrospective and reactive manner.

I am wanting to help you all on the forum understand where our data comes from and why we are able to display it but I fear that no matter how many assurances I give or detailed explanations I provide you are not willing to help me help you. I think that the trouble is we are skeptical and suspicious. At the end of they day your objective is to protect the commercial interests of the company - which is why you registered and posted when 192 came up on cag as part of your routine internet search and online publicity monitoring. We do not sell your data on to any parties in the way that has been discussed on this forum and we do not display any information that isn’t already available in the public domain. Our working relationship with the ICO ensures that we do all that we can to provide a service in an environment that is acceptable and helpful to the majority.Interesting choice of word, I would have put everyone. I have asked people to contact me directly so that I can enter into more detailed conversations with them ‘off forum’ however if people do not wish to do this there is little more that I can offer that I haven't already discussed.

Zoe I applaud your efforts for trying. It will be interesting to see your DPA justification for processing. Shame you still havent answered my earlier question directly because that is basically what this whole thread is about.

Thanks 912.com

you have put my family in danger

i used you site when i read this story on this site as i have never herd of your service before and with out spending a penny or registering myself with your site i found myself and my wife listed in our postcode area.

my family are living in hiding from her ex husband how has been twice convicted of assault on her and the children, so thanks to you he can now find us yet again, so it looks like we will have to move out of our house yet again.

i complaint about your service will be sent in the morning to all the relevant body's and my mp and i will also be informing our police case officer about this development, doubt they will be happy either

i always say i dont wish to be listed on any database wither it be the electrol role or anything else so i dont know were they get the data from although it say its the 2003 role

ex directory or being on the telephone preference service does not effect overseas companies such as the anoying dead calls you receive from India etc. This was confirmed to me from BT.

If the company in india has a uk operation or is working at the behest of a uk company then you can still 'do them'