Could I do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. If I get the chance I'll put the post up and hope that's the end of the matter, though I might just be deflecting it on to a neighbour even if they haven't moved in yet. Perhaps we could all get together and put all the posts in the empty spaces up too - I have a few spare padlocks from shed etc and would happily buy more to make this person go away.

If the car is still there tomorrow, I'll speak to the management company and see what they suggest.

In the meantime, if anyone posts on this forum asking for advice about what to do about mulitple tickets for parking in a private space, you know what to tell them - don't pay, but don't park there again!

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

StrawDog is typing faster than me again.

I don't know why the PPC haven't towed/clamped. In fact the only evidence I have that they exist is the ticket the OH got when we parked in a visitor's space to view the property. Needless to say he didn't pay it.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

You could pay your £2.50p to the DVLA and get the RK's detail's - you have cause; I did it just over twelve months ago, although if a note under the wiper doesn't help, then writing direct might not, of course.

However, the op is incurring financial loss if her vehicle is having to be parked elsewhere at a cost to her. Depending on the amount of the loss, does she not have grounds to recover this loss from the person abusing her private property?

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I don't know why the PPC haven't towed/clamped. In fact the only evidence I have that they exist is the ticket the OH got when we parked in a visitor's space to view the property. Needless to say he didn't pay it.

Typical - never around when you really need them ;):rolleyes:

Would it be illegal to tow it out of the space?

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

so if the person is not bothered about getting mutiple tickets they will keep on parking there unless you put the post up all the time, thats the problem with companies who just issue tickets, they cant do anything else opther than stick paper to your windscreen

Ok, just call the police and tell them the person has no permission to park there and you want to press charges for trespass.

Don't. It has nothing to do with the Police, this is a civil matter.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Don't. It has nothing to do with the Police, this is a civil matter.

regards

I wouldn't even consider calling the police over something which, though annoying, is in the great scheme of things trivial.

I'm not sure the OH will see it quite like that though - he's can be a bit territorial especially if he thinks one of his own is being upset by it.

RMW

This gets more complicated as it goes.

So, let me get this all nice and clear. You have bought the flat and you bought the parking space too. Someone has parked a car in your space since you got the keys to the property and have apparently ignored your written notes to not park there. Correct so far?

You mention the parking tickets, so is there a parking company appointed to ticket/clamp/tow away in the car park? If so, call them and tell them you want this car removed. They will jump at the chance.

In the meantime, as the owner of the space, you could contract an SIA parking company to put a sign up on the fence in front of your space and then ticket/clamp/tow anyone who is parked there that shouldn't be.

You have several options, so get tough with these people.

Car was not there this morning, and post is now in position and will be every time I leave the space empty.

It would be evil to hope inconsiderate driver does not see nasty post with big yellow stripes this evening, wouldn't it?

Had quite a chat with a neighbour that I hadn't met before this morning, and this car has apparently caused problems for other people. The parking company have had many complaints and have yet to do anything about it. Guess who's volunteered to get the management company involved? After all, I presume some of their charges go to pay this parking company.

RMW

Sounds like someone that needs to be taught some manners - the car driver, not the OP, LOL.

There are unfortunately some people in this world who are so self indulgent that they will do what they like. However, it always catches up with them in the end and they usually meet someone who is more than a match for them.

Glad you got it sorted.

I am a great believer in what goes around comes around.

From the first time we viewed this place we thought the parking area wasn't sufficiently secure, but decided to tackle that problem once we were living there and could (hopefully) get the other residents on our side. It seems that I've started already.

RMW

I've been away for a few days and I'm just catching up with some of the threads.

You sound like you have an actionable case. With the post in position you should avoid the problem. If you have been incurring costs while they are parked their then technically you have damages which you could recover from the owner of the vehicle under trespass. You would have to present evidence to the court - so if it happens again get photos. If you can prove your case, you can through the court and try and get a judgement against them. If they don't pay then bailiffs can get involved and might distress the car (clamp it or tow it) until things have been paid.

As regard the other matters - if you "immobilise the vehicle" then you are indulging in licensable activity under the PSI Act and regulations.

I would treat with caution a management company solution. Most of them involve clamping/permits or un-enforcable invoices. Do you really want the hassle. (Have a look at the appendix of the clamping guide - some of it is relevant to your situation.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As expected, putting my post up whenever I'm not there has deflected the problem on to another property, currently empty. With the permission of the management company myself and another resident yesterday put posts up in all the unnoccupied spaces and have left the keys with the estate agents.

I happened to be nearby (actually watching from the neighbour's flat) when the problem vehicle arrived. The driver seemed somewhat confused by the sudden flourishing of yellow and black posts, then gave up and parked in the public car park next door. We couldn't see where he went after that, but he certainly doesn't live in our block or the one next door.

All this hassle because someone wants to park for free rather than pay the £1 charge for overnight parking next door.

RMW

I'm glad you have it all sorted out now. No doubt he will find some else to bother soon enough. :rolleyes:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Good result and without the need to resort to permits, invoices or clamps. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you and your neighbour, what goes through the mind of freeloaders like this?

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

As someone who gets nervous just pulling over to drop someone off never mind parking where I shouldn't, I don't understand this sort of behaviour at all. The spaces are clearly marked as private, so parking there is no different to parking on someone's driveway in my opinion, but I bet they wouldn't do that.

RMW

so parking there is no different to parking on someone's driveway in my opinion, but I bet they wouldn't do that.

don't be so sure about that, I live next to a large shop, that has a small car park,

I have a private car park (looks a bit like scrub land) attached to (right in front of) the house where I live. (big enough to fit four cars on, (though two would be blocked in) and a single car driveway. -that's right next to my house and right in front of my garage.

I came home last summer to find that the shop was very busy and there were people parked in both the car park bit that's outside my house...

AND on the single car driveway that's next to my house.

(I could almost excuse the person parked in the car park for their mistake, my house is owned by the shop -they are my landlord, and there is a sign for the shop that is on my drive... so it could look like an overspill car park, but I couldn't imagine that the buy who parked on my drive, that's an obvious 1 car drive next to my house, in front of my garage, had made a mistake).

My missus went to the shop and asked them to make an announcement that could the people with the following car registrations please come and move their cars!

the guy parked on my single space driveway actually had an argument with the shop assistant that they felt that they should be able to park wherever they liked, -even though it was obviously in my drive and blocking access to my garage.

but he grudgingly moved his car...

the people who owned the other car decided not to move their car from my car park that's in front of my house, for about an hour or so after they'd finished doing all their shopping.

at which time they came and knocked on my door and asked me to move my car from my car park so that they could move the car that they'd parked there!

Like I said, I just don't understand people who do this, but I bet they'd be the first to complain if you so much as parked on the public road in front of their neighbour's house three doors down, never mind if you caused them any sort of inconvenience.

How long did it take you to move your car? In your shoes, I'd have made sure I answered the door (after a long delay) dripping wet and wrapped in a towel so they had to wait for me to dry, get dressed, dry my hair, find my shoes, find my bag, search unsuccessfully for the car keys for half an hour ....

RMW