• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My lloyds tsb credit card debt

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Debt Morons are still demanding money - they have done a credit search and got the new address... can anyone point me in the direction of a letter I can send that says "X haven't informed us that they have passed on the debt, Y haven't produced proof that they can collect, especially as Y didn't know the arrangements with X. You can understand my concerns at paying money to either X or Y when neither of you appear to know what you are doing and I don't feel like throwing money into the abyss?"

Thanks

Bump - I really would like to get this letter out today if at all possible... thanks

Bump again... please can someone help me with this... :(

Pitifully bumping in the hope that someone will be able to help me with this... :(

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this work?

Dear Sirs

Re: xxxxxxx

I write further to your numerous letter concerning the above.

I must admit to being somewhat surprised and bemused by the tone and content of your letters. I have received no notification, formal or otherwise, that Wescot have passed this debt to your company for collection. As you will appreciate, I am entirely within my rights to request that you provide me with this information, and I will be withholding payments until such time as I receive this paperwork. I need clarification that you have a legal authority to demand payments from me, and if the debt has been passed to you from Wescot you should be able to produce this.

Yours faithfully

Robbers way took the ball next - told them to sod off, they have written back to say that their client has provided the information and I must pay... which is funny as you will see by post 1 they actually admit they haven't got the CCA! Do I write and tell them that their clients are liars or... please help - thanks

Can someone cast their eyes over the above letter before I mail it on Monday - thanks

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Can someone cast their eyes over the above letter before I mail it on Monday - thanks

Morgana, your letter is perfect, post it. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Bump...

Thanks CitizenB... x

Is there a letter on here titled - your client is a liar??? Should I show my hand or should I just ignore them?

Ignore them, you've requested a CCA, it hasn't been supplied, let LTSB take you to court.

Thanks Hon... or though I'd rather they didn't - I just want them to go away and leave me in peace...

Thanks Hon... or though I'd rather they didn't - I just want them to go away and leave me in peace...

If LTSB don't have the CCA then the chance of them taking you to court is slim, however the account will get passed from one DCA to another so you just have to accept you'll keep getting the letters, you can send the Account in Dispute letter when a CCA requested is not complied with, but most of the DCA's ignore it.

The way I dealt with it was when first heard from a DCA was send the Account in Dispute letter and then when they wrote again, I wrote back refering them to my previous letter. You just have to play the game.

Have you heard from SCM, LTSB in-house solicitors, yet?

• 1 month later...

Lloyds.jpg

Lloyds2.jpg

Got this after months of waiting... they seem to have grouped both accounts together in this letter... where should I go now? Thanks

Lloyds2.jpg

Lloyds.jpg

I have enlarged the images but they are still posting as small - any suggestions?

Bump

First they are required to keep the CCA for 6 years after the account closure. They are in the mire.

Second they should have been more up front about the accounts. You might end up paying some of the bank overdraft (less charges) but you don't want to pay any of the credit card.

Your position would change if they did not follow the correct procedure when they closed your current account. (They probably didn't)

So don't take any cr@p from these people. Start looking for the default notice & termination for your bank account.

Let them know that you won't deal with them rolling the 2 accounts into one figure and that they are stuffed over the credit card

Thanks... will have a look for the info... but as I have moved I may not have it... if I ever did! x

Wrote to L-TSB on behalf of mum with a CCA request... heard nothing... today we get a letter from Moorcroft on L-TSB paper.

They call this a statement... and they used the £1 as a payment on the account! I know they aren't supposed to do this... whose legs do I need to break???:-x

Sorry to get this straight, LTSB were sent a CCA request direct? For a loan/Credit card?

And in response you got a letter from moorcr@p asking what?

So they sent a statement of account and it shows that they have used the stat payment of £1 against the alleged debt and not for it's intended purpose.

Easy peasy....

If it was LTSB who received the CCA request & they have missapropriated the money in a vain attempt to restart the limitation clock, send them a Letter Before Action (LBA) stating that they either supply the CCA, or if they cannot do so, return the £1 postal order, failure to do so, will result in further action, including but not limited to reporting them to the ICO/ OFT & the police.

If it was sent to moorcr@p then the same applies send them a LBA, however, I fear you may have sent a CCA request for an account that isn't covered by those sections of the CCA, please tell me it isn't for an overdraft...:pray:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Got a second letter from them basically saying the same thing... and a lovely letter from Robbers Way asking where they have gone wrong because I will not contact them!!!

I am trying to find the default notices etc, but as I have moved I wouldn't bet that I actually still have them - what do I do in the meantime... if anything?

LLoyds wrote and informed us that the account was being handled by debt morons... sorry, I mean debt managers... mum has now had the "We have been informed you don't want to play ball and that we should take legal action... if you can't pay it all in ten days then we will need an income and expenditure form"

Can I write to them and say "We have never refused to pay, we just object to the way that this has been handled... changing agencies, not notifying us until we kick up a fuss etc..."

Can anyone advise???

i'd put this in in a letter dear sir's i have no problem in supplying you with an icome and expenditure breakdown. But as the debt collection industry with whome you are a member of act frivolously with my peronal information i shall decline until ordered to by a Judge.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Sorry guys, but I really need to deal with this as Mum is getting worried... I will make a complaint to L-TSB, but in the mean time, can I write to them saying that we had an arrangement with Wescot which they broke when the transferred the account to Debt Managers, and that we would stick to the arrangement if only they stopped mucking about... and that they have no chance of getting and I&E from us... all help gratefully received... thanks

I don't actually recall this being for an overdraft - they closed my account, I am sure it was for a loan and for a credit card... what should be my next step with this issue... however much I may feel like it I know ignoring them isn't an option...

I am about to send out the letter before action... just checking that this is the right thing to do... ???

Yes send LTSB the LBA, 'if' it was them who used the £1 PO against the alleged debt, give them 7 or 14 days to supply the CCA, or to return the PO, failure to do either will result in further action.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just write a short sharp letter to LTSB to stop playing games and stick with one DCA also advising that you're reporting them to the relevant agencies and follow through with that promise :).

First step is SAR then we can see what nawty LTSB have been upto. They combined two of my alledged debts, which isn't allowed and sold them to the 'lovely' people at 1st crud!

The largest alledged debt they kept for themselves and got a judgement by default through Northampton bulk centre using ****!