• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
    • please stop posting up unnecessary unnamed screenshot files  you've done it throughout your threads and we have to renamed them. RENAME THE FILE before you upload if its just text information like a defence or a claim history or a link to a previous post  type it here not by an unnamed screenshot attachment  . sorry NM but you've been here dealing with PPC claims since 2021 somehow you always manage to screw up.......or do totally the opposite of std repeated advice on 10'000 of PPC threads here you are your own worst enemy... dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

My lloyds tsb credit card debt

MorganaNK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have you a thread to your past actions/debt history?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi if you have not made a payment it does not matter how many calls you have answered, letters you have sent. To them you have not made contact in any way, they are just computer generated letters issued by the computer as no payment is registered on the computer.

dpick

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/235459-apex-threatogram.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/226470-i-got-final-notice.html

You could always ask them for a copy of their complaints procedure, as the OFT and TS have told you to use it aswell as them looking into it.:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's a L-TSB account...

I guessed that they were computer generated... the computer appears to be the thing with the highest IQ in most DCA offices! x

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

Nope if you tell a computer 1 + 1 = 1 the computer would believe you a DCA would say it is 11.

dpick

Would that be before or after they add the interest and the fees?!? ;):p

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

I have also received a "threatogram" letter from Apex. The first DCA on this particular debt was 1st Credit to whom I was making regular payments. I then decided to try and reduce these and wrote to 1st Credit with a proposed sum. They never replied but then passed the debt onto Allied International By then I had read these forums and decided to CCA them. Allied never replied but passed the debt back to LTSB. They then sent a demanding letter and I replied with the "account in dispute" letter. Now I have Apex on the case.....

I sent Apex a copy of all the correspondence and now have the threat of taking me to Court, even though the debt is in dispute. I am waiting for their next action.

Hi guys

Little bit confused... hoping for some guidance.

I have been dealing with my mum's debts as well as my own. She has two with L-TSB, one of which is in dispute...

Today we received a letter from Westcot. Not worried about it because I know I can bury them in paperwork, I just have a problem with which paperwork!

The one account that I have done nothing with last had a communication on 13th October from MHA... I am assuming that the Wescot letter applies to this debt, but the amount is slightly different (by about £20) and the client references aren't anywhere close...

Which missive should I send them? I am thinking the CCA request (this debt was for a cc)...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi MNK,

yes, the CCA letter seems appropriate in this case, but also send them the telephone harassment letter making it clear you want ALL comms in writing

DONT EVER speak to them by telephone, you sound pretty together but they have a habit of dragging down even the most stalwart of people

Hope this helps, and the best of luck - keep us updated with progress

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Thanks guys... and yes, I am pretty together - hide of a rhino but teflon coated too! x

• 4 weeks later...

As some of you will know, I asked AIC to provide me with a CCA reference a Lloyds TSB debt, which they said they couldn't as L-TSB don't keep them, but that I still have to pay. I sent an in dispute letter and heard no more until yesterday, when L-TSB sent me a letter, with an income and expenditure form, telling me that AIC had said that they should commence legal action against me...

Now I know that they would have to provide a valid CCA in court, and I also know that only a court can ask for an I&E form... so I am not really that bothered... they are more of an annoyance...

I want to know which letter I should send them... any help pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated...

Thanks

Refer Royds TSB to the CCA request sent to AIC. Royds will deny ever receiving one. However, not your problem if you have a record that AIC received your request. Do not send Royds or anyone else a copy of your request - you paid AIC to forward that request on,, and if they took payment, they're duty bound to honour it.

They sent back the postal order and told us to contact the originator ourselves - I haven't had much PC access for the last fortnight - just the odd diving on moment at my new job... but after changing ISP's I am now online at home... just in time to receive one of their "we are going to visit/take you to court/break your legs" (delete as applicable). I was going to send them an "in dispute" letter because they couldn't provide the CCA and wanted us to do their work for them... do I need to send anything else?

Thanks. AIC sent me the money back via a cheque for £1 which I didn't cash... but I do have the proof of postage/delivery and the copy letters which said that Lloyds don't have to keep the CCA! I will draft the letter telling them that the account is in dispute because their agent could not provide me with a CCA.

Account in dispute since AIC failed to fully honour the request you sent to them. That's all that Royds need to know. Law of probability dictates that it will either be Robinson Way or Credit Security who get passed this next. If they do, advise them the same - then report all parties involved to the OFT, with separate complaints for each.

Thanks guys... I love it here... you know just what I need to do x

I have just drafted this letter in response to the L-TSB threatogram and would appreciate your comments (I have lifted bits from the "in dispute" template):

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of 23/12/09, the contents of which have been noted.

This account entered default on 04/11/09 when your agent failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On 17/10/09 I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. This was signed for as delivered on the 20/10/09.

As you are no doubt aware section 78(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

You will also be aware of the CPUTR 2008 and the OFT's guidelines on debt collection which state under the title Deceptive and/or unfair methods - Examples of unfair practices are as follows - 2.8

(i) - 'Failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being wrongly pursued'

(k) - 'Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonable queried or disputed debt'

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

Yours faithfully

L-TSB have passed it on to another DCA... who are doing the "we are big and scary, hear us roar" c**p again...

As AIC admitted in writing that L-TSB don't have the CCA as they aren't required to keep them, I shall just sit back and wait for it to appear... or I may send them a variation of the old "foxtrot oscar" letter above... depends how bored I am!

• 1 month later...

Which DCA is it? Report this new DCA and Royds to the OFT as a new complaint.

Maybe one of these days, Royds will learn, but I doubt it. I notice their share value dropped below the pitiful 50p mark again on Friday - expect them to get another huge handout any time soon.

The new DCA is Credit (Cretin ;) ) Security Limited from Whitchurch, Bucks...

You gotta love their front:

Dear MNK

We have been instructed by our client to recover the overdue debt.

We DEMAND that the sum stated be sent direct to this office IMMEDIATELY using the payment slip below.

Your failure to reply could result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for payment or a COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT being registered against you.

Yours sincerely

(illegible signature... or it could be a squashed spider smeared over the page... )

I'm so scared... aren't you? :rolleyes::D;):p

lol nice to see i'm not the only 1 having trouble getting a CCA request from Lloyds. You can check out my ongoing thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/239360-lloyds-tsb-unsure-where.html

if it's any interest to you.

Looks like i'm going to be making a complaint to the OFT aswell...

Hi Lee

I have it in writing from AIC that L-TSB do not have the CCA because they aren't legally bound to keep them after six years... and I have beaten them over the head repeatedly with my response - you say I owe, give me the proof. I am not asking for their first born and the contents of their vacation fund... I just want my CCA...

Good luck!

If they aren't legally bound to keep them after 6 years then how can they be legally bound to try and reclaim the money back! No contract, no money in my eyes!

The thing is, mine hasn't even been 6 years! It's only been 4, and I still cant get a CCA from them! But good luck anyways! I'll be keeping a check on how things pan out for you...