Supreme court rules

Consumer dude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a travesty of justice. This is a disgrace. The Supreme Court? It's a stitch up. They are crooks! This is bent as hell. Is Mark Gander 'Bankfodder'? He said the Supreme Court had said so and so and that was fine (in the sense of that avenue is closed). You are a hero mate, but that isn't fine. You need to change the name of this site to 'Citizen Action Group' and we need to take back our country! :mad::mad::mad:

THIS IS ACTUALLY BAD FOR MY FECKING HEALTH!

Edited by renegotiation

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

HI

I've only read the brief note on the BBC news website so I don't understand why they reached this verdict

One thing I do know is that my claim against Barclays for unfair charges will now be rejected (which leaves me with an overdraft to battle against )

hey ho. I can't give them what I don't have.

I'll be watching with interest (no pun intended)

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

another question then - where there are cases before the court where part of the defence is that there are unfair charges included in the balance - what's the impact of this judgement?

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Absolutely nothing...the OFT have gone as far as they can on that legal point. If they ever thought they could win using the issues they did, when the banks hold the whole economy over a barrel, then they were kidding themselves.

A lot of desperate people out there that relied on this ruling are going to be heart broken and there are going to be a lot of red faces from promoters of getting your charges back from the banks. It's just ended up costing people more money and time.

Time to vote with your feet and invest in a fireproof mattress instead of bankers bonuses.

Up their own backsides and it just proves the law is an ass when it comes to common sense and consumer rights.

:mad:

I also have pending claim with Lloyds and I guess they will now contact me to repay. A hearing in our favour would have have reduced the deby by over 50 %.

If I understand it correctly this means the banks are free to charge what they want for their services.

If this is the case then a law should be passed immediately to ensure that charges are appropriate to recover reasonable costs not as a revenue generator.

Obviously the Unfair Contract Terms Contract Act does not cover this but by the sound of it the Supreme Court had decided it is not possible to unravel the true cost of the banks products and services.

Given, I lost my job in August and not working this is a very poor outcome for me and got knows what I will do when they come calling.

Should i contact them or wait for them to come to me?

ST

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan

So what will happen now? Can we still try and get some money back? Does it count for financial hardship? Or am i just banging my head against a brick wall?

I feel like sending a mask and stripy jumper to the supreme court judges and the 7 banks and building society involved because that's all it amounts to...daylight robbery!!

I am absolutely gutted......and i still cant pay the charges they ask for...:(

If they say it's part of the 'service' then you should have the right to withold that payment if you are unhappy with it, not just have it stolen and then have to fight to get it back.

If only everyone would stop using the banks and withdraw their money where possible. Just for a day or so and then watch them panic when the share prices fall.

We'll just go back to being sheep again. I want to see queues like those at Northern Rock....I can but dream.

but lets look at this calmly, we now know the oft cannot asses the FAIRNESS of the charges, but lets go back to when we first started claiming our charges back, i for 1 never claimed unfairness on my court papers, i claimed under the fact that penalty charges where not enforcable under english contract law. is that not an option still????

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

Its not all over yet,

we need to see the full ruling, it still doesnt detract that the charges are a penalty, lets wait til we get the full text.

However, having said that, this Supreme court is just what the government wanted in place to hide their misgivings.

Penalty charges as were were also dismissed very early on. Stitch up.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"