Cca Requests ?????

Mr Worried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just returned after a 10 day absence ( not at home if you get my drift..)

Anyway I sent CCA's to BLS, Apex, Lowells, and Moorcroft on the 16th Nov ( what is their final date for compliance?).

Apex replied with thanks for letter, we have sent this to oc, and we await their further instructions????

The others have not responded yet apart from BSL who'm call twice a day, I dont go through security, but just say ..awaiting CCA compliance, then hang up.

Do I just sit tight?

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - and don't be worried Mr Worried. In due course they will send either 1)nothing 2) an application form and tell you it is an agreement or 3) an agreement which may or may bot be enforceable - you can post it on here and have it checked. In the meantime, sit back and relax.

Yes - and don't be worried Mr Worried. In due course they will send either 1)nothing 2) an application form and tell you it is an agreement or 3) an agreement which may or may bot be enforceable - you can post it on here and have it checked. In the meantime, sit back and relax.

Cheers Pinky

Thought as much, just not been around for a bit and my OH needed reassuring.

( not for...bot...

Cheers

Mr W

Hi To All

Just recieved a reply from Lowells..'.We are requesting a copy of the agreement from oc, we will endeavour to obtain within the prescribed 12 days, we will advise if this will take longer blah blah.

Any advice on this please?.

Moorcroft acting for citicards have returned my PO for £1.00 and told me to contact Citi direct? so why were they chasing me/

Any advise on this please?.

Cheers

Mr W

They seem to be chasing each other round in circles. Let them carry on and hopefully they will bump into each other on the way back. Ignore them and maybe in due course they will get their act together then you can send whoever is dealing with it the Account in Dispute letter and tell them to bog off. Don't you chase them - they are busy enough chasing each other. Just put your feet up and let them get on with it. Moorcroft and the Leeds Losers. Eejits.

You don't have to make a CCA request twice.It's Moorcroft's legal responsibility to get it as Citi's agents, not yours. Just wait and see if they start pursuing you for money after the 12+2 days are over, then send them the Account in Dispute letter. By the way, did you receive and Notices of Assignment from the creditors when they passed/ sold these debts on? If not, you cantell the DCAs you will not be having any further contact with them as you have received no Notice of Assignment assigning the alleged debt to them. It is a requirement under the Law of Property Act 1925 S136 and must be sent by Recorded Delivery so you will know if you have ever signed for one.

You don't have to make a CCA request twice.It's Moorcroft's legal responsibility to get it as Citi's agents, not yours. Just wait and see if they start pursuing you for money after the 12+2 days are over, then send them the Account in Dispute letter. By the way, did you receive and Notices of Assignment from the creditors when they passed/ sold these debts on? If not, you cantell the DCAs you will not be having any further contact with them as you have received no Notice of Assignment assigning the alleged debt to them. It is a requirement under the Law of Property Act 1925 S136 and must be sent by Recorded Delivery so you will know if you have ever signed for one.

Nope never had assignment either, I want to deal with this today since I got my po back today requesting that I send it to citi myself.

What do you recon?

Mr W

Nope never had assignment either, I want to deal with this today since I got my po back today requesting that I send it to citi myself.

What do you recon?

Mr W

They know the law, or like us to beleieve their version of it, so sit back and relax as their 12 + 2 days started ticking the day they received your CCA request :)

Hi To All

Just recieved a reply from Lowells..'.We are requesting a copy of the agreement from oc, we will endeavour to obtain within the prescribed 12 days, we will advise if this will take longer blah blah.

Any advice on this please?. ...

Cheers

Mr W

I got that from Lowells a few weeks ago as well, then last week they sent another one

stating that the O/C from whom they bought the debt (Shop Direct/Littlewoods) didn't have a CCA, so Lowells were closing their file, and I wouldn't hear from them again unless the CCA does eventually turn up, which it won't.

I'll be interested to see in the future whether Lowells are true to their word :rolleyes: or whether they sell it to some other mugs :)

They know the law, or like us to beleieve their version of it, so sit back and relax as their 12 + 2 days started ticking the day they received your CCA request :)

Hi bb I understand your comments, but since they have told me to ask citi for the cca, then would it not be easier to do so, because I imagine that if I send them a dispute letter after the alloted time then they will say that they told me to contact citi?

Just want to be correct and deal with it.

Cheers

Mr W

they have told me to ask citi for the cca

They'll tell you lots of things, though they very rarely tell the truth :rolleyes: They are obliged to supply the CCA, and if they don't then you can put the debt into dispute - that's the law as it actually is, and not what they pretend uit is.

They get paid to administer alleged debts, it's therefore their duty to follow the law and OFT guidlines.

I still cant understand how it is not my duty to ask citi as per Moorcrofts request, if I dont do this then how can it go into dispute after the alloted timescale?

Mr W

I still cant understand how it is not my duty to ask citi as per Moorcrofts request, if I dont do this then how can it go into dispute after the alloted timescale?

Mr W

Mr W

It's my understanding that If a DCA has bought the debt, then they are legally the creditor by law and must provide the CCA.

If they are just acting for the OC then it's my understanding that the law says they must forward the request and payment on to the OC.

175. Duty of persons deemed to be agents.

Where under this Act a person is deemed to receive a notice or payment as agent of the creditor or owner under a regulated agreement, he shall be deemed to be under a contractual duty to the creditor or owner to transmit the notice, or remit the payment, to him forthwith.

... and I hope your Citi CCA request goes as well as mine :)

Mine was an old People's Bank Credit Card from the 1990s' that

was taken over by Citi.

Then when I had my financial problems, I owed City around £12k when

they eventually sold the debt to Capquest.

I CCA'd Capquest who a few weeks later wrote to me stating that Citi

didn't have the CCA and the debt had been re-sold back to Citi.

That was two years ago.

Watch my lips.

1) Moorcroft is the creditor's agent

2) That means they must by law get a copy of the agreement from the creditor and send it to you on request. They know that and they have no right to tell you to get it yourself. You are not paid to do their work for them.

3) If they fail to send one, the account goes into dispute.

So just sit back, relax and wait until the 12+ 2 days are over then put the account into dispute.

There. That's it dealt with tonight as you wished. Relax about all this. The DCAs have no power whatsoever and all their hot air and threats are just so much wind from their corporate behinds. You are in charge of this not them and you will decide what is going to be done about it because you are now a CAGER and CAGERS rock!:D

Watch my lips.

1) Moorcroft is the creditor's agent

2) That means they must by law get a copy of the agreement from the creditor and send it to you on request. They know that and they have no right to tell you to get it yourself. You are not paid to do their work for them.

3) If they fail to send one, the account goes into dispute.

So just sit back, relax and wait until the 12+ 2 days are over then put the account into dispute.

There. That's it dealt with tonight as you wished. Relax about all this. The DCAs have no power whatsoever and all their hot air and threats are just so much wind from their corporate behinds. You are in charge of this not them and you will decide what is going to be done about it because you are now a CAGER and CAGERS rock!:D

Watch my lips........Thankyou

Watch my lips........ I fully understand what you are saying...but when the time is up, and I do the dispute letter, wont it just prolong this scenario, will they not say start again?? we sent you a letter telling you what to do ( although they shouldnt have ). all seems a bit strange, but I will take your advice.

Watch my lips.....Thanks again

Mr W

I don't understand why you are so believing of what they say, and have such a hard time believing what we[/say]. They just want your money, remember that, and they don't care what they say or do to get it. We, on the other hand, gain nothing by not telling the situation as it really is.

What are they going to start again? Telling you to ask Citi for the copy of the agreement? Well that's just too bad on them. It is they who failed to send you the copy, it is they who put the account in dispute so they can go and take a running jump to themselves until they do produce a copy - and that is your answer to that.

What are they going to start again? Telling you to ask Citi for the copy of the agreement? Well that's just too bad on them. It is they who failed to send you the copy, it is they who put the account in dispute so they can go and take a running jump to themselves until they do produce a copy - and that is your answer to that.

Hi

In a nutshell, they should have supplied the cca? and not tell me that citi have told them for me to send direct to them for it?

Mr W