Cca Requests ?????

Mr Worried
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi To All

As you know I CCA'd various companies on the 16th Nov, I have recieved another reply.

It is ref my cca to MHA ( Slough ) they were acting on behalf of Lloyds TSB. now I have a letter from Lloyds saying,...Thank you for your recent payment, Unfortunatley we are unable to accept this payment as you have asked us to credit an account we do not manage please find you £1.00 PO enclosed.

If you have any other queries then please contact Lloyds TSB for further information.

Can any body explain their response?????

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The explanation is that they are utterly stupid, and have no idea what they are doing :rolleyes: Not to worry, when the 14 days are up you just send the "In dispute" letter, then sit back and ignore them until they do produce a valid CCA.

Hi H & P

I remember, this particular debt was for an overdraft which I never spent, as they kept trying to pay things when the money was not there, so probs not covered with a cca request but I was advised from cag to cca them anyway, so what do ya recon on this one then?

Cheers

Mr W

Ah, I see. In that case send them a "Prove it" letter instead of a CCA request. The alleged debt then goes into dispute as soon as they receive the letter, until such time as they do send some valid proof.

Hi..valid proof of charges? or valid proof that we did not spend the money?

Should I send the Prove it letter to the dca or to Tsb?

Mr W

hi mr W

I'll try & mfind you a link, the letter is on one of the templates....

brb

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

Hurry up then..only joking

:shock: lol

ok, here's the link to the prove it letter...

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

here's one to send to moorecroft who are refusing to supply the CCA

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/579-letter-when-dca-refuses-to-comply-with-a-cca-request

and here's the main page for any other letters you may think are useful. (a subject access request to LTSB would probably be helpful)

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

hth:D

• Haha 1

My fight so far:

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

:shock: lol

ok, here's the link to the prove it letter...

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

here's one to send to moorecroft who are refusing to supply the CCA

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/579-letter-when-dca-refuses-to-comply-with-a-cca-request

and here's the main page for any other letters you may think are useful. (a subject access request to LTSB would probably be helpful)

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

hth:D

Thanks so much, I will look through them when I have finished the ironing.

Mr W

Valid proof that the debt exists, that you owe it, and that they are entitled to collect it for starters.

You send the letter to whoever is chasing you for the money, which is the DCA in this case.

Cheers Huff

tbh Mr W, taking them all on at once may be a bit of a headache.

From personal experience, I know moorcroft are pussycats compared to many DCA's and simply ignoring all letters and accepting no contact from them usually makes them go away & return the debt to the OC. ( bit late for that now:rolleyes:)

similar situation with BLS, they usually just go away, however if they are calling you I think there is a letter on the templates telling them that you will only deal with them in writing, ( let me know if you can't find it) In the meantime, start to log the time & date of the calls & keep it... there are guidelines about calls from DCA's ( sorry I'm not up to date on that one but I think there may be something on the main letters page I posted earlier)

As for Lowells... again from personal experience they are unlikely to have the CCA, & that should get passed back to the OC.

LTSB - I have a debt with them same as yours for charges, not anything I spent, I got a letter from a DCA in june, sent them a prove it letter & got some dodgey statements back with a zero balance, I have ignored all correspondence since then & they are now on the 4th DCA trying to collect. The letters just go in the file, & will keep doing so unless they decide to issue a summons, in which case I will defend it.

Realistically unless there is an imminent threat of court proceedings, I have avoided contact with ALL DCA's... remember, debts are statute barred if there has been NO CONTACT for 6 years. By sending requests of any sort, you are re starting the clock on the 6 years.

That way I am able to deal with my debts one at a time & avoid taking on more than I can chew...'tis a minefield of legislation out there!:mad:

hth

hunni

My fight so far:

Thanks so much, I will look through them when I have finished the ironing.

Mr W

:eek: want to do mine to?:rolleyes:

My fight so far:

From personal experience, I know moorcroft are pussycats compared to many DCA's and simply ignoring all letters and accepting no contact from them usually makes them go away & return the debt to the OC. ( bit late for that now:rolleyes:)

similar situation with BLS, they usually just go away, however if they are calling you I think there is a letter on the templates telling them that you will only deal with them in writing, ( let me know if you can't find it) In the meantime, start to log the time & date of the calls & keep it... there are guidelines about calls from DCA's ( sorry I'm not up to date on that one but I think there may be something on the main letters page I posted earlier)

As for Lowells... again from personal experience they are unlikely to have the CCA, & that should get passed back to the OC.

LTSB - I have a debt with them same as yours for charges, not anything I spent, I got a letter from a DCA in june, sent them a prove it letter & got some dodgey statements back with a zero balance, I have ignored all correspondence since then & they are now on the 4th DCA trying to collect. The letters just go in the file, & will keep doing so unless they decide to issue a summons, in which case I will defend it.

Realistically unless there is an imminent threat of court proceedings, I have avoided contact with ALL DCA's... remember, debts are statute barred if there has been NO CONTACT for 6 years. By sending requests of any sort, you are re starting the clock on the 6 years.

That way I am able to deal with my debts one at a time & avoid taking on more than I can chew...'tis a minefield of legislation out there!:mad:

hth

hunni

hunni

I tried to deal with one at a time but it was hassle for me, so I zapped them all, I will handle it and I keep times, dates and every other log that I need to, I feel confident that I can sort them in ant way shape or form.

Cheers

Mr W

I have to agree with that, ignoring them can often be the best policy. They ignore whatever you write to them most of the time anyway.

:mad: unfortunately they do.

hunni

I tried to deal with one at a time but it was hassle for me, so I zapped them all, I will handle it and I keep times, dates and every other log that I need to, I feel confident that I can sort them in ant way shape or form.

Cheers

Mr W

:D go for it!

hunni

I do the ironing better when the footie is on and the beer is chilled.

Mr W

:rolleyes: always an excuse!:)

TY for the rep btw:D

My fight so far:

Hi To All

Just recieved a reply from Lowells..'.We are requesting a copy of the agreement from oc, we will endeavour to obtain within the prescribed 12 days, we will advise if this will take longer blah blah.

Any advice on this please?.

Moorcroft acting for citicards have returned my PO for £1.00 and told me to contact Citi direct? so why were they chasing me/

Any advise on this please?.

Cheers

Mr W

Moorecroft did exactly the same with me and dont want anymore contact with them I have to speak to OC now. So take that one as a win!

Contact the OC now with your CCA

hth

hunni

A CCA request DOES NOT re start the 6 year clock unless you admit to the account in writing ;)

A CCA request DOES NOT re start the 6 year clock unless you admit to the account in writing ;)

Well you learn something new everyday.... could you clarify that? cos I would have though it would count as contact.:confused:

My fight so far:

Oh my - this thread is heavy duty with all its clarification.:lol: When you request a copy of the agreement you are not 1)acknowledging any debt or 2) making a payment -so there is no way the 6 year clock on Statute Barring even enters into the concept. By the time we get to the letters of dispute on these CCA requests we will all be old and grey!! As for arguing the toss with them when they come up with the bull, as Moorcroft have already done, and that is only the start, by that time we will all be in the home for the totally bewildered! I am running a book on this becoming the longest thread in history!:D

Thank you for the explanation, I asked a genuine question, because to me, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Should I come across a similar situation now, I will know why it does not effect the 6 yrs, and may even send of the odd CCA request myself now. Rather than just doing it because someone said it's ok. ( no offense BB)

My fight so far: