Help-RMA are coming to my house tomorrow

Honeypot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I got a A5 card through my door this morning saying that a Mr C Green is calling around tomorrow between 8am-8pm.

I am shaking like a leaf. Can they force entry and take goods ?

I am two months behind on my MBNA card.

I am posting a CCA request and a reduced payment letter to them.

I know I am to blame for not answering their phone calls but I don't want anyone in my house.

Please can anyone advise?

Thanks

Vicky

xxxx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the old postcard scare trick. If Mr Green comes round I will eat my pants. I mean it, I will!

All joking aside he or any other will not turn up on your doorstep, I know this because I've dealt with MBNA and their threat monkeys before.

If they do turn up, but they will not, they have no powers what so ever to force entry into your property with out a court order.

I pretty confident that I will not be eating pants anytime soon :)

Mr Green does not exist. No-one will come to your home.

Look at the card again - you will see that it says something like "I confirm I will be calling on (date) between 8am and 8pm". It doesn't actually say that anyone will physically come; the 'calling' could equally mean a telephone call.

These cards are very common, and are designed to scare people into phoning RMA - which, of course, you should never do.

DCAs know that they have no legal power at all; all these cards and other threats are just impotent willy-waving, and can be ignored.

• Haha 1

In the highly unlikely event that they do turn up

Don't engage with them or give them money and simply tell the plonker the second word is off.

Show him the way to the gate as this complicated activity may be more than the pea brain can cope with.

Hi Vicky :)

Mr Green is not going to turn up.

On the off chance someone does, have this letter ready:-

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Just stick it though the post box. As the others have said, don't open the door and don't get into a conversation with him.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Weren't RMA (Risk Management Associates) bought out by NCO Europe?? But still working out the same building?

Sorry not trying to digress from your post, it was just a distant thought that I remember.

However, as everyone else has already said, they won't turn up, if someone does and you haven't invited them, then once you tell them to foxtrot oscar and hand them the Doorstep collection notice, if they fail to leave your property then they are trespassing and as that is a criminal offence, you are well within your rights to call the police and tell them that someone is at your house asking you for money and won't leave when told to do so..;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you all for your replies.

I feel stronger and have decided to confront them. I phoned the number on the card.

I told the man that I am not prepared to entertain callers and everything must be in writing.

He told me that the credit card law has changed and they now are legally allowed to enter my home to retrieve their credit card as it belongs to them and that they can take goods to equal my arrears.

I have a little bit of Xmas money for my kids but it won't cover the arrears. He said as a gesture of goodwill they will postpone the home visit if I pay this money by tommorow. If I don't pay the full 2 months arrears by Dec 1st I will be made bankrupt.

Please does anyone know if this is a new law or can happen?

I'm shaking again.

Vicky

xxxx

Whaaaaat!

Never, ever call them! He has lied. What he says is a threat and he has broken the law. If you'd been able to record that call, you would have had every right to involve the police.

You must complain to your local Trading Standards about this - it's outrageous. And never, ever phone them!

Ignore him completely. You have sent a CCA request - just wait for the response.

NEITHER HE, NOR MBNA, CAN COME AND TAKE ANYTHING FROM YOU.

oh gosh Vicky

please do as others have said, and report them first and foremost i really wish you had that phone call on record,

but dont call them ever again, tell them in writing what the conversation was and tell them all in writing from now on - as you were lied to as now you have investigated and found their comments untrue.

it costs them money to bankrupt you but be extra vigilant if you should get a courier to deliver you a package, if they are thinking of processing that threat, get someone else to sign it if you are suspicious it could be from them;)

the law does not give them enough time for the 1st dec to make you bankrupt please do not let this worry you -

keep positive and keep reading around the forum to self learn as much as you can

take care any other worries please share with us and we shall all give you a hand

laters have a happy eve all angel x

• Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

As other Vicky, never call them....Thats what they want, idol threats to scare you and make you feel scared.....They are idol threats....Please listen to others advice, it is good advice....But only if taken, and thought about by you...Good luck.....Be strong.

He told me that the credit card law has changed and they now are legally allowed to enter my home to retrieve their credit card as it belongs to them and that they can take goods to equal my arrears.
Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment and threats, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT ;

Consumer Direct - Contact us

OFT Complaint form

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Thank you all for your replies.

I feel stronger and have decided to confront them. I phoned the number on the card.

I told the man that I am not prepared to entertain callers and everything must be in writing.

I have a little bit of Xmas money for my kids but it won't cover the arrears. He said as a gesture of goodwill they will postpone the home visit if I pay this money by tommorow. If I don't pay the full 2 months arrears by Dec 1st I will be made bankrupt.

Please does anyone know if this is a new law or can happen?

I'm shaking again.

Vicky

xxxx

OUTRAGEOUS!!!

REPORT them to Consumer Direct: 08454 04 05 06 (the consumer arm or the OFT)

Do It!

AC

Hi Vicky, you're probably getting the hang of this from all the posts but for what it is worth we must have had 10+ of these types of cards from numerous companies and no one ever turned up.

I read somewhere when I first went on the forum never to trust a DCA and initially thought that was a bit sweeping now I have had first hand experience I fully realise what low lifes they are. Occasionally you get one that sounds sympathetic on the phone but don't be fooled, they are probably just pumping you for info on your personal circumstances so they can stick you later so just don't call them like the others say.

I know its hard because you'll be worrying about what they are doing and it will play on your mind but you will get some great advice from the other members on the forum, stick to your guns and fight the bu**ers all the way.

Best of luck

Hestia