Capital One - Group FOS Complaint

Desperate Daniella
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

A number of us who have been chasing our alleged agreements with Capital One for a year or more have now been sold on to Lowells as a job lot.

I'm about to write to FOS (again) about them, as their final response says they sent the agreement which they didn't.

I gather that Capital One come second only to MBNA in the number of complaints received by FOS, so thought that we might be able to improve Capital One's figures. :D

We've all been fobbed off for months/years. We have repeatedly asked to view our agreements and they have refused.

Why don't we all write to FOS on the same day because maybe a large mailbag all about Capital One might make them take some action.

I've just been reminded by CitizenB that there is a mail strike from the 22nd (next Thursday) so if possible why don't we get our letters in the post on Monday?

DD

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya,

Thank you. I've already told Sunflower and Lexis too, and if this thread keeps coming up too we should get more people.

I think we'll all have to do different letters because all the cases will be slightly different, but I'm going to say that I've got the Final Response, and it's utter rubbish that they have sent the agreement, and enclose a copy of what they did send.

I'm also going to say that I've asked repeatedly to visit their offices to inspect the agreement and they have ignored this completely.

Then that they have sold the account on to Lowells when it is clearly in dispute, and anything else I can think of.

DD

DD,

Link in Sunflowers thread didn't work but I've redone it for you.

I like Sunflower am disappointed not to be in this new capone club, however, I agree that different worded letters are best sent, knowing capone as we all do they will twig on and ditch the lot.

I'll put a link on my thread to get as many capone fans as possible to your thread. :D

Beachy

Hi DD

! strangely enough i not got Lowells yet but i suposse i soon will if you have as i think your were in same situation as me with crapital one that they did not set any pond feeders on you or contact you once account got passsed back from Debitarse to crapital one again and they did not play pass the parcel so much with our accounts up until they set Lowells on you.I suppose i will get one plopping through our letter box in near future!I hope you give em some grief! :D Knowing you DD i think we cam depend on you to do that :D:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

DD,

Link in Sunflowers thread didn't work but I've redone it for you.

I like Sunflower am disappointed not to be in this new capone club, however, I agree that different worded letters are best sent, knowing capone as we all do they will twig on and ditch the lot.

I'll put a link on my thread to get as many capone fans as possible to your thread. :D

Beachy

Hi Beachy!

Perhaps we upset them!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Beachy!

Perhaps we upset them!

Whats this "WE", SF.. as the ring leader, you must accept total responsibiliity:D:D

Agreed, a standard letter is not going to cut the mustard.. if each person writes in their own words what has happened.. then it might just get us somewhere.

I think the focus should be on the fact that complaints have been made to Capital One, alternative suggestions for viewing the document have been put forward. Yet rather than addressing the issue, they have sent the account on a Round Robin trip of DCAs. Who automatically pass it back when they realise there is an unresolved dispute on the account.

If they are so convinced they have a document that would stand scrutiny in court. Why have they not taken this route ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Sunflower and Beachy,

You are on this new fan club!! :D Sorry it was a brief posting, got a nightmare of a court case I am working on, but in view of the postal strike made five minutes for this.

This is not actually a thread about my account, it's everybody's thread as I really think we need to get as many people as possible. FOS need to do something with this horrible lot.

DDxx

Hi Sunflower and Beachy,

You are on this new fan club!! :D Sorry it was a brief posting, got a nightmare of a court case I am working on, but in view of the postal strike made five minutes for this.

This is not actually a thread about my account, it's everybody's thread as I really think we need to get as many people as possible. FOS need to do something with this horrible lot.

DDxx

Hi DD

Hope all goes well in your court case sorry to hear you are having a nightmare with it all, i am surprised crapital one set Lowells on you after all this time but i suppose that is the thing about these disputes is that you never know when and who is going to plop through your letter box for several years!Still i am sure you will see em off !:D i know this thread is not just about your case ! DD and it going to be a great r crapital and Lowells fan club ! I am sure you and everyone else on this thread will give Lowells grief and they will regret takeing you lot on !:D

Edited by sunflower99
typo mistakes

Hi DD and fellow caponers,

I thought this would be best posted in the capone forum for more members to see

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thank you Ida.

Obviously the more members who see it and write the better.

I gather they have to pay for complaints to be investigated? And on another thread it's saying their profits are down, they haven't released figures, so this is probably trying to get some money in by flogging us to Lowells.

On a positive note, Lowells have come up against a lot of caggers as we know. :D Feel really sorry for non-Caggers though.

DD

Thank you Ida.

Obviously the more members who see it and write the better.

I gather they have to pay for complaints to be investigated? And on another thread it's saying their profits are down, they haven't released figures, so this is probably trying to get some money in by flogging us to Lowells.

On a positive note, Lowells have come up against a lot of caggers as we know. :D Feel really sorry for non-Caggers though.

DD

:-oEeek I said COULD be down :-D Until they release them we wont know.. MBNA (BofA) and Citibank both are losing billions in a single quarter.

Yep £500 for each FOS complaint :-D

S.

Hi all

Sorry I have not been about lately, money and health problems..... but I am hovering back again...

I have just come back from a short break and on the may when I arrived home there was a letter from Cap1, apologising as they ommitted to send me in my SAR request, it was a copy of a Credit Agreement signed by me, now thats funny as there WAS a copy of the signed agreement in the SAR request, plus I have the copy of the agreement they sent me when I asked on my second letter to them under the CPR rules.... and the good news is they are all different !! so which one is the alledged "Real" one? :confused::confused::confused:

Anyway I am here and will pop up a bit more often now...

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Hi Keefyboy,

Sorry to hear you've been unwell - hope you're feeling better.

I think they are cutting and pasting! Lexis also now has something different to what they first sent her. I was told that I would be sent a copy of my "agreement" two weeks ago (after the FOS complaint about the sale to Lowells). I expect they are still creating it. The only thing they sent before (twice) was the signature box.

At the end of the day we'd all much prefer that day trip to Nottingham to see our agreements. :)

DD

I now have three different "alledged" terms and conditions for my 1 account... so how do they expect us to beleive anything they say...

Since my big financial hit by the CSA there isn't enough money left for us to eat let alone pay them or any of my debtors, so they will be getting a letter shortly asking if they will be prepared to write the debt off (I think there is no chance of that one, even with the proof of income etc) so they will have to take it to court if they dare, as, as far as I am concerned they do not have an enforceable agreement.....

I am beyond caring now....... I will still fight these so and so's but the stuffing has bveen knocked out of me and the other half by the CSA, taking 45% of my earnings..... with no appeal other than the person who worked out the assessment saying "I have rechecked the figures and they are correct, appeal not upheald" How can that be a fair system when they even investigate their own complaints and they have even taken away your right to a fair hearing, you can't take it to court anymore..... your stuffed.

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Good Morning All can i just make a suggesion why not email your letters to the FOS and add a note stating u have done it this way because of the iminant postal strikes but a hard copy is in the post to you PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi

I have posted several times now on CCa,s etc for advice, however my advisor has now run out of legal aid funding to proceed further , and has sent me the whole file(s) of action he took , he got nat west written off , but capquest have sent a application form only and statements .

Now i have to take up arms myself.

Should I now send them a SAR

Also I wish to know where to find images of capital one application forms and the proper CCA, forms on this forum ,can someone direct me to them.

Also, two other creditors have not even responded to CCA requests

geofrey parker bourne solicitors

Ruthbridge.

they were sent out on the 24 august 2009

should i send them SAR,s or what

I'm In.

Previously posted by EiE on another thread

Having used CPR 31.16 after abandoning futile attempts to get Crap one to provide a 1st generation copy of the original agreement under s.78 I have now come to the conclusion that they don't have an agreement that they can enforce. The best they can send me is a photoshop mock up and it is a mess. Clearly unenforceable.

They have now sent this to me twice, the second time apologizing for not having it sent it the first time!

It seems I have the following options.

1. Continue to waste time and money pressing for the agreement.

2. Do nothing and let the default trash my Credit reference file for 6 years whilst they flog it to every DCA going.

3. Take them to court to get it ruled unenforceable and get an order to have the default and all other information pertaining to the account removed.

4. See three above and also seek restitution for all payments made + interest. I know this has been done.

Can anyone advise on how they would move this forward?

I'll hard copy the documentation to follow.

Thanks for the link AA99. I might go to court anyway, and as a half way house between three and four above particularise how much I have paid to them over the life time of the account. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi all

Sorry I have not been about lately, money and health problems..... but I am hovering back again...

I have just come back from a short break and on the may when I arrived home there was a letter from Cap1, apologising as they ommitted to send me in my SAR request, it was a copy of a Credit Agreement signed by me, now thats funny as there WAS a copy of the signed agreement in the SAR request, plus I have the copy of the agreement they sent me when I asked on my second letter to them under the CPR rules.... and the good news is they are all different !! so which one is the alledged "Real" one? :confused::confused::confused:

Anyway I am here and will pop up a bit more often now...

Hi Keefyboy,

Sorry to hear you've been unwell - hope you're feeling better.

I think they are cutting and pasting! Lexis also now has something different to what they first sent her. I was told that I would be sent a copy of my "agreement" two weeks ago (after the FOS complaint about the sale to Lowells). I expect they are still creating it. The only thing they sent before (twice) was the signature box.

At the end of the day we'd all much prefer that day trip to Nottingham to see our agreements. :)

DD

Yep, got exactly the same keefyboy - already sent the 'agreeement' in SAR before, but have sent a new and improved version recently. Still not sent the stuff I was missing, but apparently this is all they were missing (according to them anyway!)

I've not been passed onto Lowells or anyone though, so can I still do a complaint but just about them being so sodding obstructive?

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.