DX Secure 0844 277 3333

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The website cerberusalert posted is one used by very many people to avoid the non geographic style number you use.

Its named after the originally more common 0870 variety - but includes all.

However, it only list about 80% of numbers I have had to call - and is obviously only viable with internet access.

Guest Chris Griffiths DX Group UK

We are currently looking in to additional methods of contacting our customer services agents. As I work in marketing department at DX, I am currently looking into this. I will share more info in the coming weeks and months, but the likelihood is we will be making it far easier, quicker and cheaper to speak with us. This will include improved website, phone, web chat etc, but confirmation and clarity will be provided at a later date.

I hope that helps for now, as I appreciate that our phone line is currently an 0844 number.

Have a great weekend everybody (I hear the weather should be improving tomorrow).

It's only a personal view from somebody who detests premium rate numbers, but I would have thought that if you really are interested in improving your service, rather than take "weeks and months", discovering "additional methods", you could simply change over to "normal" numbers.

That could take quite a time of course, anything up to a day probably, but I'm not in a marketing department, I'm just a retired engineer who was once a telephone engineer.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 3 weeks later...

I found this post searching Google after finding a DX Secure card on my doorstep about one hour ago. I have had a similar experience to others who posted here.

About one hour ago I heard the sliding patio door being opened and closed. I assumed it was the post so I went to pick it up and found the DX Secure card instead, saying that there is an important delivery for my husband. Only my husband's initial and surname and today's date are on the card, everything else has been left blank.

The courier did not ring the bell and did not try to deliver, only left the card. I heard the patio door slide but certainly did not hear the bell being rang. I tested the bell to make sure that it works and it does.

I went to the DX Secure website and asked for a redelivery tomorrow, but will they try and deliver at all? someone from DX Secure was physically at my address today to leave the card, but made no attempt to deliver the parcel! Is the same thing going to happen tomorrow? the behaviour of the DX courier that I observed today is extremely unprofessional.

Hi

Thanks for making us aware of this situation. I of course would like to apologise for the inconvenience and stress this has and continues to cause you. Every now and again we get instances where the courier lets the process down. This is a difficult situation to fix, but one ultimately that we are working tirelessly to overcome. Email me at [email protected] with more info on your situation and tracking number etc, along with contact details, so that I can escalate internally and get some investigation started. Our Customer Services will handle that and get in touch to ensure that the courier does not repeat his/her poor efforts earlier today.

I hope that is enough for you right now, but as promised, if you can get in touch then I will be able to help you further. Once done I would be more than happy for you to continue posting here offering updates of what and how we help you. It is always helpful on these boards for people to get a full picture of instances like this.

Lastly I will reiterate that we take these instances very seriously and do not accept non-delivery of items lightly, and you can be sure that we will investigate and identify the courier in question and ensure there is no repeat.

Thanks and apologies once again.

Chris

Thank you for getting back to me on this Chris. My husband has spoken to someone in your office and they promised that the courier will knock at the door tomorrow. Frankly I'd prefer if they rang the bell rather than knocking, but as long as I know that they're there it'll be OK. I don't understand why they didn't try to ring the bell or knock today, why would anybody make the effort of driving to an address and then not ring or knock?

I understand your issue there, we are as confused as you are as to why the courier did not ring or knock. Couriers do not get paid for non-deliveries, so it hurts them financially in this instance, so again not sure about their motives. If you have any further issues tomorrow, then let me/us know.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Incredible! One off? Not on your life! Waited in all day for another delivery via DX and, what do you know? No delivery! And, what else do you know? We need to call the 0845 number to query why an invisible calling card was left, when it wasn't, and when we have been in all day! I think I know how the next part will go, too...we'll need to pay £10 for redelivery?! Ummm...no. How about we cut out the crap and go straight to the papers this time? Chris Griffiths - your company is a sham! Second time it has happened to us! This time, we are going public on it. And we expect our delivery, at a time of our choosing, WITHOUT a £10 charge levied on us for the downright crappy service!

Absolutely disgraceful! Don't lie and say a delivery has been attempted when it hasn't been! To do it once was bad enough, to do it again is unforgivable!

See post #82 - "if you really are interested in improving your service,"

Obviously, they were not interested.

Earlier today, I was reading an article where the word "mendacious" was used.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Incredible! One off? Not on your life! Waited in all day for another delivery via DX and, what do you know? No delivery! And, what else do you know? We need to call the 0845 number to query why an invisible calling card was left, when it wasn't, and when we have been in all day! I think I know how the next part will go, too...we'll need to pay £10 for redelivery?! Ummm...no. How about we cut out the crap and go straight to the papers this time? Chris Griffiths - your company is a sham! Second time it has happened to us! This time, we are going public on it. And we expect our delivery, at a time of our choosing, WITHOUT a £10 charge levied on us for the downright crappy service!

Absolutely disgraceful! Don't lie and say a delivery has been attempted when it hasn't been! To do it once was bad enough, to do it again is unforgivable!

Hi

I can't believe this has happened again! I do apologise, and I will pass on your details to our Customer Service Team for them to organise a redelivery. We as are all other courier companies, reliant on our delivery drivers dropping your delivery and/or providing you with a non-delivery card. Seeing as this has happened to you twice now, it is ridiculous and we will have to take action against this driver. To not even provide you with a card through the letter box is unforgivable and I can assure you we are not happy.

I will ensure that you get dealt with as quickly as possible to rectify this.

Again I can assure you that DX is not a [problem] company, however just are suffering with a small amount of drivers not doing their job properly. We deliver so many items, that there are bound to be a few deliveries missed here or there. But for you to be on the receiving end of that twice in a short period of time is unacceptable. I will ask for an investigation to take place and for disciplinary action to be taken. apologise once again for the poor service you have experienced and I just hope this doesn't happen again.

I have already received your email so will be forwarding to the appropriate department.

Apologies once again.

Lastly, as a word of note for everybody reading this, all courier companies (including ourselves) are seeing delivery networks affected by the Olympics, and there from time to time may be delays to deliveries. I don't mean to provide this as an excuse, but it does remain a fact.

I am yet to launch an investigation into the above delivery failure, but I can only assume right now that it may have had something to do with the Olympics, seeing that the delivery was to a SW18 postcode.

Edited. Biting my tongue on this one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Edited. Biting my tongue on this one.

The Olympics has affected small areas of our network (as well as ALL other delivery company networks) since the Olympic Delivery Network (ORN) came into action. We are seeing deliveries to certain postcodes affected, but in general the network is unchanged.

This will remain in place until the completion of the Paralympic Games.

I am not suggesting that the delivery issue discussed above was a result of this, however I am purely suggesting (prior to an investigation) that it may be a reason.

I have been informed by our CS team that the above delivery issue has been rearranged and an investigation commenced to ensure no repeat.

My reply wasnt in direct response to the olympic comment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

After very poor service from DX, I looked them up and was shocked to discover many threads/reviews such as this one. Instead of all of the ins and outs, I have simply cc my complaint sent to DX earlier today. Will keep pdated on response/progress ....

Dear sir/madam

I am writing in regard to item ref: xxxxxxxxxx

This item was supposed to be delivered on Friday 3rd August 2012.

I purposely stayed in all day on Friday 3rd August 2012. As the only reason for staying in on this day was to take delivery of this item, I was listening throughout the day for a knock at the door for this item's delivery. My front door is next to the living room so any knock of any volume can be easily heard.

My living room window looks onto the street, and all traffic can be seen & heard that comes onto cul-de-sac. I was intently looking.

This item WAS NOT delivered on this day.

I rang customer services on Monday 5th August to enquire about this order.

The gentleman I spoke to informed me that there was an attempted delivery on Friday 3rd August. He stated there were 2 reasons for non-delivery.

1. I didn't hear a knock

2. The person delivering may have decided not to attempt to deliver once he/she arrived, as if there's no car on the drive he may have presumed nobody was in ....

Firstly, it is impossible that I would not have heard a knock at the door. I inconvenienced myself by staying in all day to wait for this item. Any knock would have been heard by myself.

Secondly can it really be a rule of your company that if a delivery driver just decides on a whim that nobody is in (maybe because a car is not on the drive) that he/she doesn't even get out of the van and attempt delivery, that they can not even be bothered to knock on a door? If so that is truly shocking, lazy and the actions of the worst delivery company I have ever experienced. By the way, there is no car on the drive as my partner was using the car for her work.

I find it even more incompetent that a notice/delivery card is not even posted through the customer's door to state delivery has been attempted ... Something that is a rule of thumb for other delivery companies E.g. Royal mail, UPS.

The gentleman I spoke to said that delivery would be made tomorrow (Tuesday 6th August). This is simply not good enough. The item was supposed to be with me on Friday 3rd and I made every attempt to take delivery of the item. As far as I am concerned, this item should be delivered immediately (i.e today) as it's the incompetences of DX for why I have not received my item.

My experience of DX is nothing short of disgraceful as in short I feel delivery was not even attempted.

I certainly don't want any of the above excuses to be reiterated in a response as no. 1 is simply false and no. 2 is just incomprehensible that a delivery driver would drive somewhere and not even knock on a door!

If I do not feel as though my complaint has been dealt with in a serious and correct manner, I WILL NOT recommend this company to anybody and will share my experiences (all of which are fact) with other parties and through customer reviews all postal/delivery services.

Postal address/personal details deleted.

Lets see what Mr griffiths has to say about this. So much for "one off" scenarios.

2. The person delivering may have decided not to attempt to deliver once he/she arrived, as if there's no car on the drive he may have presumed nobody was in ....
That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard. If that is the case I hope I never have to expect a delvery from a company with that philosophy................. I don't own a car so unless I have visitors there's never a car on my drive.

I agree that if this is truly the case, then it is simply unacceptable. I am not aware of a policy where our couriers are allowed to assume nobody is in based on no visible vehicles on the drive. However we need to see what response you get from your email before we understand what happened here, and more importantly why!

I certainly won't provide any excuses for that, because as you correctly point out, it is very hard to defend the indefensible. From the outset someone at DX has really failed in their duty and let both you and our company down.

However, what I won't accept is any suggestion that DX as a company accept this type of behaviour. A lot of work happens behind the scenes to ensure this type of thing is avoided. Obviously there is further work required.

But we do need to know what why this happened. I will be asking our CS team to see what happened. What email address did you send your complaint to?

After very poor service from DX, I looked them up and was shocked to discover many threads/reviews such as this one. Instead of all of the ins and outs, I have simply cc my complaint sent to DX earlier today. Will keep pdated on response/progress ....

Dear sir/madam

I am writing in regard to item ref: xxxxxxxxxx

This item was supposed to be delivered on Friday 3rd August 2012.

I purposely stayed in all day on Friday 3rd August 2012. As the only reason for staying in on this day was to take delivery of this item, I was listening throughout the day for a knock at the door for this item's delivery. My front door is next to the living room so any knock of any volume can be easily heard.

My living room window looks onto the street, and all traffic can be seen & heard that comes onto cul-de-sac. I was intently looking.

This item WAS NOT delivered on this day.

I rang customer services on Monday 5th August to enquire about this order.

The gentleman I spoke to informed me that there was an attempted delivery on Friday 3rd August. He stated there were 2 reasons for non-delivery.

1. I didn't hear a knock

Firstly, it is impossible that I would not have heard a knock at the door. I inconvenienced myself by staying in all day to wait for this item. Any knock would have been heard by myself.

Secondly can it really be a rule of your company that if a delivery driver just decides on a whim that nobody is in (maybe because a car is not on the drive) that he/she doesn't even get out of the van and attempt delivery, that they can not even be bothered to knock on a door? If so that is truly shocking, lazy and the actions of the worst delivery company I have ever experienced. By the way, there is no car on the drive as my partner was using the car for her work.

I find it even more incompetent that a notice/delivery card is not even posted through the customer's door to state delivery has been attempted ... Something that is a rule of thumb for other delivery companies E.g. Royal mail, UPS.

The gentleman I spoke to said that delivery would be made tomorrow (Tuesday 6th August). This is simply not good enough. The item was supposed to be with me on Friday 3rd and I made every attempt to take delivery of the item. As far as I am concerned, this item should be delivered immediately (i.e today) as it's the incompetences of DX for why I have not received my item.

My experience of DX is nothing short of disgraceful as in short I feel delivery was not even attempted.

I certainly don't want any of the above excuses to be reiterated in a response as no. 1 is simply false and no. 2 is just incomprehensible that a delivery driver would drive somewhere and not even knock on a door!

If I do not feel as though my complaint has been dealt with in a serious and correct manner, I WILL NOT recommend this company to anybody and will share my experiences (all of which are fact) with other parties and through customer reviews all postal/delivery services.

Postal address/personal details deleted.

i wonder if Chris can tell us the reason why DX do not post unable to deliver cards . in my mind this would save the company alot of money by getting rid of staff that don't want to work

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

All deliveries that are not completed should have a card posted through the letterbox. So I am again unsure and confused why this has happened. Couriers are paid per successful drop, not per delivery. So this action by them is actually detrimental to them.

By getting rid of couriers that don't want to work (as you put it), we would then need to replace with ones that do (which is what we are continuously striving to do), however that wouldn't result in any cost saving as they are direct replacements.