What Made You Want To Swear Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found out an ex-bf died last year from testicular cancer. Past history but still it's a shock to read about it when he was 3 years of my life. That's 4 of my ex's that are gone..perhaps I'm a jinx :(

Did I mention the parking ticket., wrongly issued..not a good day. And we still have a flipping gas leak outside that's worse since they drilled holes everywhere.

Rant over..feel better now.

There can't be much more left i think you've had it all, time to chill me thinks;-)

your getting me depressed :eek:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Crapstone,

It's strange you should post that. A couple of days ago for no reason I suddenly thought of an ex of mine from many, many years ago, did a search and he has apparently died too. Like you, I thought it was four ex's, but now it's five. Of course, the utter B****** of an ex-husband is still going strong.

It makes me feel so old :(.

Big hug to you.

DDxx

Could get some in the south tomorrow too yah

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

There can't be much more left i think you've had it all, time to chill me thinks;-)

your getting me depressed :eek:

Tell me about it! Chill ...I will. It's bloomin' freezing but I'm a snow baby and love it ...bring on the snow..! :eek:

Sorry Tilly..didn't mean to get you down with my grumbles. Can't forget that handbag episode and that always makes me smile :D

Hi Crapstone,

It's strange you should post that. A couple of days ago for no reason I suddenly thought of an ex of mine from many, many years ago, did a search and he has apparently died too. Like you, I thought it was four ex's, but now it's five. Of course, the utter B****** of an ex-husband is still going strong.

It makes me feel so old :(.

Big hug to you.

DDxx

I guess it is the feeling old bit. Only 2 of them I cared about and the last one ended up with a chicken and mushroom pot noodle poured over his head as my parting gift. :eek:

Oh s*** just been watching ITN news and there has been a severe weather warning issued 4 central south 1 foot of heavy snow the itn graphic is smack bang over my house i can see the cloud coming over WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HEAVY SNOW IS A VERY RARE EVENT DOWN HERE

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Oh s*** just been watching ITN news and there has been a severe weather warning issued 4 central south 1 foot of heavy snow the itn graphic is smack bang over my house i can see the cloud coming over WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HEAVY SNOW IS A VERY RARE EVENT DOWN HERE

Yep - heard it was your turn next! Stock up today PF, we can't get bread & milk from local shops as deliveries can't get through and we can't go shopping further cos we can't get our cars out (no snow ploughs) and no buses running even if you walk down to main roads. Schools & colleges closed as well.

Jan

I couldn't find the letter we received from my sons school saying when the new term begins, so I looked it up on their website. That said Tuesday 5th January. Goes to the school and there was nobody there and gates lost. Came home and then found the said letter which said Wednesday 6th January:mad:.

Other son has just been sent home from school due to adverse weather conditions and they have told us already that they will be closed tomorrow. we only have about 2 inches of snow. Do they know something we don't?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I found out an ex-bf died last year from testicular cancer. Past history but still it's a shock to read about it when he was 3 years of my life. That's 4 of my ex's that are gone..perhaps I'm a jinx :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desperate Daniella viewpost.gif

Hi Crapstone,

Now then girls, let me get this right............that's NINE of your ex's have died between the two of you:eek:

what d'you do? wear them out?:p:p

or scare them to death?;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Before Christmas applied for an online ISA with First Direct - recently sent off the form they supplied together with a chq for the full amount to be deposited. Just had a phone call saying I don't match their criteria for banking and they are returning my chq:eek: I don't want a sodding current account - I'm only trying to put money IN their bank:mad::mad::mad: Girl couldn't tell me why I have been turned down but said anyone applying for banking or savings goes through the same process checks.:mad:

Fed up with snow and ice now, we've had it since the 19th of Dec (with two days of a thaw) Braking ice on the animals water troughs twice a day so the sheep and cattle can get a drink, moving bails of hay so they've got something to eat, and thats before I start my 'proper' work !!

Then Long Lex just about gets home from work with a mate who can't get home because his lane is blocked, so it looks like I've got a lodger till this lot goes !!

:-x:-x:-x

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

last update for south

Local areas affected Warning type Valid from Valid to London & South East England: Brighton + Hove Isle of Wight Milton Keynes Portsmouth W Sussex Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1729 Tue 5 Jan

London & South East England: Hampshire Oxfordshire W Berkshire Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1633 Tue 5 Jan

Is chucking it down now and as i say very unusual for portsmouth.

Yes we may get a covering but nothing like this, the last time we had it this bad i was only 8 yr old and can remember digging tunnels with my older brother lol.

PF

last update for south

Local areas affected Warning type Valid from Valid to London & South East England: Brighton + Hove Isle of Wight Milton Keynes Portsmouth W Sussex Heavy Snow 1800 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 Outbreaks of snow will turn heavy this evening and overnight giving fresh accumulations of 10-15 cm in places and perhaps locally in excess of 20 cm. This could cause widespread disruption to transport.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advise on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1729 Tue 5 Jan

London & South East England: Hampshire Oxfordshire W Berkshire Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 1100 Wed 6 There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1633 Tue 5 Jan

Is chucking it down now and as i say very unusual for portsmouth.

Yes we may get a covering but nothing like this, the last time we had it this bad i was only 8 yr old and can remember digging tunnels with my older brother lol.

PF

so where d'you live pf?;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Blimey it is half a foot already and still no let up.

Wonder if my rubbish bin will be collected tomorrow? no info on council website yet.

But i think they will say in the interests of crew safety there will be no collections which is great as its overflowing due to xmas.

PF

Not one flake here.... wonder what it will be like when I get up in the morning.

One of my colleagues is going on holiday tomorrow and we have been winding her up about getting snowed in at the airport (she is going from Heathrow)... wonder if she will make it okay. :p