What Made You Smile Today?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woke up with the worst jaw pain and tooth pain. Then I saw a friend had sent me this, and it had me in stitches. Put a big smile on my face and cheered me up.:D Daft cats having an argument.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

What a racket. The black cat did'nt seem to want to know at all. Thanks for giving me a smile today.

Hope you get that sorted before the weekend, sounds painful.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

My fave bit is when she screams about being a virgin. Nearly wet myself at that bit.

Can't see dentist until November so will just have to have painkilers and wait. Gum is infected, caused by wisdom teeth. Tis very painfull and annoying. Has happened loads of times but seems to be much worse this time. Am using mouthwash that's supposed to help. Not sure if anything what they'll do, they should have taken them out a long time ago if they were going to. To have them out now would be quite risky and take longer to heal. Plus my jaw dislocates anyway at the best of times, so it would be very risky. Think I will just have to keep ptting up with the pain :-(

Whinge over. Sorry guys :oops:

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

My fave bit is when she screams about being a virgin. Nearly wet myself at that bit.

Can't see dentist until November so will just have to have painkilers and wait. Gum is infected, caused by wisdom teeth. Tis very painfull and annoying. Has happened loads of times but seems to be much worse this time. Am using mouthwash that's supposed to help. Not sure if anything what they'll do, they should have taken them out a long time ago if they were going to. To have them out now would be quite risky and take longer to heal. Plus my jaw dislocates anyway at the best of times, so it would be very risky. Think I will just have to keep ptting up with the pain :-(

Whinge over. Sorry guys :oops:

:eek:Holy crap, that's some party trick!!!:eek: And I thought being able to get my fist in my mouth was impressive - I have nothing on you!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

Mungypup, have you got an abcess?

I'm not sure to be honest. Not to sound dumb. My gum is all swollen and there is a flap of skin that's over my wisdom tooth that seems to be the cause. Food gets caught under it causing an infection. I am using corsodyl during this flare up so if there is an ulcer that should help get rid.

If it's that bad you should be able to see a dentist urgently or go to your nearest dental hospital.

I rang yesterday, been like this for several days now, I explained to the girl on the phone that I need to see them as I am in considerable pain, and I was told I wouldn't be able to be seen until 03/11/09, which if you are in pain is a bit too far away. I am private too, so have to admit I do worry that if I go in as an emergency they will charge me a fortune, and I can't afford a small fortune. She is NHS and private but only operates her private clinic 1 day a week. I was unable to get on as NHS, as nobody seems to take NHS anymore.

The jaw is hypermobile so it does like to dislocate and go where it's not supposed to. Allways makes a trip to the dentist just that bit more fun. I should really have a snake avatar lol :p

Mungy Pup

Have you tried ringing NHS Direct? This happened to me a few years ago and I wouldn't wish an abcess on anybody. They got me an appointment with a different dentist the next day who perscribed antibiotics and had the tooth pulled later at my own dentists.

Abcess pain is worse than blummin' childbirth :mad:. I didn't half startle the poor nurse on the phone though with my bellows of 'help me! help me!' at 4 o'clock in the morning. At one point she said she was concerned about my 'breathing difficulties', this was because I was crying so much I was hiccuping, you know like kids do when they're upset :cool:

Horrible at the time but quite funny when I think back ;)

Anyway if it gets worse or if it's pretty bad give NHS Direct a ring.

Have you tried ringing NHS Direct? This happened to me a few years ago and I wouldn't wish an abcess on anybody. They got me an appointment with a different dentist the next day who perscribed antibiotics and had the tooth pulled later at my own dentists.

Abcess pain is worse than blummin' childbirth :mad:. I didn't half startle the poor nurse on the phone though with my bellows of 'help me! help me!' at 4 o'clock in the morning. At one point she said she was concerned about my 'breathing difficulties', this was because I was crying so much I was hiccuping, you know like kids do when they're upset :cool:

Horrible at the time but quite funny when I think back ;)

Anyway if it gets worse or if it's pretty bad give NHS Direct a ring.

I might just give them a ring. No idea where the nearset emergency type dentist is, if they are at the local hospital etc. If it gets any worse I think I will have too. Thanks Maggie Moo ;)

Mungy Pup

When I worked in a dentist we had to tell patients in need of emergency or out of hours treatment to go to the hospital - this was for both private and emergency.

Alternatively, have you tried just ringing round dentists in the area? I did this with OH when his tooth collapsed (thank god the kids seem to have my teeth!) and got him an appointment the same day. I did this as an NHS patient so just googled which were nhs and phoned round them all. If private dental care is anything like private health care you should be able to choose to go NHS if you need/want to just in case your plan doesn't cover emergency treatment?

Looking at the calendar + realising that there's only 62 shopping days left until Xmas. :eek::eek::eek:

:D

That's two months away!!! British Summertime hasn't even ended yet!! Bah humbug:p:)

When I had my teeth out earlier this year I went to the dental hospital at Guys Hospital, on the 24th floor there. Lovely views across London to watch whilst they do whatever under local anaesthetic. I have to have double knock out drops but don't have any side effects. I would try the dental hospitals in your area.

Mungy, if it is an abscess/ulcer then they will not do any treatment until you have taken a full course of antibiotics to get rid of the poison. That's just the way they work now. They are no longer allowed to pull teeth for fear of further infection to your body (poison getting in the blood stream and such). We are with an NHS dentist, and if we are suffering with pain like that, we just arrive at their door first thing they open (probably Monday for you, but still better than 3rd November). 99% of dentists will ask you to sit in the waiting room till there is space. They will see you though.

As I said, if you tell them it's an abscess, they will only have to confirm it and give you a course of antibiotics. This will only take a couple of minutes, also obviously negate the pain, as long as you take your normal pain killers away.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Thanks all, am going to try get it sorted, as I can't see me being able to wait until the appointment. Thanks guys for all your advice, it's really much appreciated! Am on the painkillers, am having to take my prescription ones that are for my jaw. Hate taking them they give me fuzzy head. And not in a good way.:(

Mungy Pup

Mungypup -hope you get sorted, there is nothing worse. My dentist (NHS) saw me straightaway when I had an emergency and just turned up. I just had to wait in the waiting room for a bit. I've also had to wait for my appointments sometimes because they've had to treat emergencies, so its bad that your dentist won't see you. I'd change if possible, that's disgraceful for private.

I had to go to the dental hospital once, I'd been dreading it but they were fantastic - didn't even feel their needles going in (and I had 5) unlike the dentist.

When you have a wisdom tooth out. does that make you stupiderer or thickererer?:p

Oh wait.....that's me.

Glad it's over with BB. It's amazing that toothache (and earache) always seem to fall on a Friday evening, so you are buggered for the weekend (usually).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)