Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would love to see there devoius activities stopped.

Just a question but does anyone on how many complains to the relivant authorities it takes for them to be closed down?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi hippy chick ive had some brilliant advice off all u lovely people just one thing as ive had only 3 phone calls off these people which we know are not recorded they told me last thursday they were sending me a letter still waiting until i get a offical letter off them am i correctly saying they can they can not do anything a letter is legally binding a phone call isnt unless recorded

loonytune

They can produce a phone recording in court if they advised you they were recording the call.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Muck Hall for obvious reasons DO NOT record their telephone calls. Verbal acknowledgement of a debt would not be enough. They need it in writing. Of course Muck Hall will tell you anything to [edited] money off you.

There you are then - although they could possibly have taken contemporous notes which they could produce in a court situation - however, i have as yet to find a member of MH who can speak, nevermind write.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

:rolleyes:
There you are then - although they could possibly have taken contemporous notes which they could produce in a court situation - however, i have as yet to find a member of MH who can speak, nevermind write.
The only time Muck Hall are likely to be in a Court will be as defendants:roll:

They get them to pay because an awful lot of people are ignorant of the law and also allow themselves to be bullied into paying debts which they may not actually owe, may not be legally sound or may consist of charges.

That's why websites such as this help - they inform and give mutual support.

hi hippy chick just a update about mh got a letter back from them last week about my cca which i found rather funny id forgot to put my ref no one the letter i sent them which i didnt think would be very hard to find the letter i got back was not from the person ive been dealing with and they even got my address wrong they were close but not right i put my address as clear as anything on the top of my letter i sent them

loonytune

Hey loonytune - good to hear from you.

So what did the letter say then? Did they acknowledge your request>

xx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

They can produce a phone recording in court if they advised you they were recording the call.

It only needs the consent of one party to a call to record it - so MH do not need to ask or tell you, as they are obviously a party to the call! It is just good practice, hence what you are often told when people call - debt collectors or otherwise.

If you tell an MHall employee that you are recording the call they absolutely mad. They tell that is illegal, they cannot allow it and rant and rave and then they hang up! A short time later they will ring again and another, different muppet behaves as if nothing has happened. They are very strange people the Machallers

It only needs the consent of one party to a call to record it - so MH do not need to ask or tell you, as they are obviously a party to the call! It is just good practice, hence what you are often told when people call - debt collectors or otherwise.

Mac Hall and most of the DCAs DO NOT record telephone calls. If they did they would only be providing evidence of their own [edited], breaches of OFT regulations and [edited] behaviour:rolleyes:

hi hippy chick

all they said was i had to send my ref no before they can deal with my request

loonytune

Numpties!

Make sure you resend as before with that on then, loonytune.

xx

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

Sorry Paul but you couldn't be more wrong. As a private individual you do not need to inform the other party unless you are going to put it in the public domain (anything outside of a complaint to an official body or a court is considered public domain). As a company you very much need to inform someone that their telephone calls are be recorded as they are not used for this purpose. They are often just used for training.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry Paul but you couldn't be more wrong. As a private individual you do not need to inform the other party unless you are going to put it in the public domain (anything outside of a complaint to an official body or a court is considered public domain). As a company you very much need to inform someone that their telephone calls are be recorded as they are not used for this purpose. They are often just used for training.

Don't agree.

Don't agree.

Disagreement is healthy for debate and that's what we are all learning from - but tell us why you don't agree Paul, a lot of people respect your views and opinion and then we can all form our individual opinion. That's what this site is built upon-you've done exactly that with your contributions giving us all plenty to think about - now we have to make the others think- we can't let ODC draw us into fights :D :D

What - no fight?

:(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks