Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"They also stated that all they need is confirmation I lived at an address years ago and something stating I owe money and that that would be enough for a civil action based on the 'balance of probabilities'!!"

Based on that load of old bull invite them, no indeed encourage them, to take that to a court and put it to a judge! The judge would take a very dim view of their methods.

If you could get a word in egdeways between the guffaws of laughter from his honour and the angst expressed by Mac Hall's brief you could ask for costs and damages!

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Advise MH to take you to court because based on the balance of probabilities they are talking out of their arses as usual. Report them to East Ayshire TS.

I'd say that based on the posts here, any legal action instigated by MH could be viewed as vexatious.

And yes, they're talking out of the arses.... :D

• Haha 1

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I have just got a letter from this "Company" out of the blue asking for me to contact them on a personal matter. i have no idea what this is about shoudl i just ignore it or return the letter to them them saying not known at this address?.

I have never had a credit check if i apply for one can outside companies track me down from this ot are credit checks completely ebtween me and the credit check company.

Thanks for your advice they sound like absolute ****, should i juist ignore or return saying not at this address?.

Can outside companies get your information if you apply for a credit check?, i have never had one but i'm a bit worried that these slimeballs might get more information about me if i do.

So is it basically a case that they are trying it on and haven’t got a leg to stand on as these dates are over 6 years so they are trying to bully people and play on their fears to admit their debt or make a payment?.

Usually.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

So is it basically a case that they are trying it on and haven’t got a leg to stand on as these dates are over 6 years so they are trying to bully people and play on their fears to admit their debt or make a payment?.

If the debt is over 6 yrs old (5 in Scotland) it doesnt matter whether you admit it or not. Its STATUTE BARRED and CANNOT be enforced.

Thanks for your advice they sound like absolute ****, should i juist ignore or return saying not at this address?.

Can outside companies get your information if you apply for a credit check?, i have never had one but i'm a bit worried that these slimeballs might get more information about me if i do.

It will show on your credit file that you have applied for your files - that's all. It only shows to companies who you apply to credit for for lending criteria and I had one listed from a tracing firm who had applied for my info in relation to an identity fraud [problem] on me. Applying for your credit files will not do you any harm wha so ever and alert nobody to anything. I'd suggest you do it to all three agengies Equifax, Call Credit and Experian . It only costs £2 and you can see what has been registered. You can do it free on line to the agencies for a 1 month trial, but you'll have to remember to cancel after the one month otherwise you'll be getting them monthly and being charged.

As has been discussed at length on a number of threads strange things happen when you apply for your credit report. Many Caggers have received debt claims from some of the bottom feeders of DCAs (arent they all????) regarding old debts which may or may not belong to you. They also have received unsolicited application forms for loans.

Be wary of applying for your Credit Reference report

As has been discussed at length on a number of threads strange things happen when you apply for your credit report. Many Caggers have received debt claims from some of the bottom feeders of DCAs (arent they all????) regarding old debts which may or may not belong to you. They also have received unsolicited application forms for loans.

Be wary of applying for your Credit Reference report

Geez's I never knew that, slime balls. How can they get access to your credit file without you applying for credit? I think, as someone else suggested an Application for a Subject Access Report on the CRA's might be in order. One person got over 2000 sheets of paper, but that just shows you what they hold on you but will also tell you what has been given out. Buggers!

well add me to the 'informed' trading standards about mac hall.

16th july.cca request +fee

..............................nothing

late aug. recieved call from meritforce.......basic, no to answering data q's. in writing only.................no letter from either.

so, just emailled their local trading standards

and can i just add, i started paying monthly for credit file online in june...........since then, i have got hundreds of loans leaflets etc, so i agree that accessing your credit file can trigger something.

i too, (soon) will be sending S.A.R. to all 3 cra's, not money a can afford, but it will give me plenty of reading, and to find out who has been checking my data without my permission.

i dont think they have 'passed' it on, i think mac hall know they have no right to collect this,(no credit agreement' i know that ) but they havent acknowledged nothing, only contact was call from meritforce late late month.

let trading standards deal with it now. all i want is for a letter from mac hall stating no credit agreement,thats it, but they burying heads in the sand hoping i wont do anything, then either start asking for money again, or 'pass' it on, but we all know........THEY CAN'T.lol

File it for the moment in case they come back to you later - i wouldn't advise putting "not known at this address" as they can check.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks