Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter from MH today and found this forum through a Google search. The letter just states that my address has been provided as a possible location for me, and if I do live at the address, I have to contact them. I am assuming that this is something to do with debts from when I was a student 9/10 years ago, and looking at the previous post, I too had a smallish debt owing to Peoples Phone so I am guessing it might be that.

What is the best action I should take? I get regular copies of my credit file and know there is nothing on there outstanding, other than debts I am already dealing with. I take it the best course of action is to just ignore this and any subsequent letters? Do I run any risk by doing this?

Thanks in advance for any advice

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore them, they're fishing. If they write as meaningful letter then you can lift your head above the parapet, demand they show your proof they have a debt you owe, that they have the right to collect it from you and can account for the sum they are chasing. If they don't, and we know the answer to that one!, you tell them to go away (polite reply!)

Definately IGNORE them. They specailise in puchasing Statute Barred debts and then do a mass mailing of people whose name appears on the electoral list. You can rest assured that dozens of people with your name and surname received thede letters today. They are a bunch of cowboys. If they do pester you just send them a BOG OFF letter

I received a letter similar to Red5024's this morning.

I also did a bit of research and came across this site and all the info in here.

I'm not aware of any debt that I owe at all.

I did have billing dispute with ParcelForce many many years ago, but that was sorted out, although a debt collection agency was involved. But eventually ParcelForce admitted it was their billing system at fault and that was the end of it. I just wonder if that matter has cropped up somehow?

I only recently got a mortgage and some new credit cards and there was no problem, so I doubt if there is any real debt outstanding.

After seeing all the reports here and elsewhere about MH I think they really are trying it on, so I shall ignore.

I had been paying them for over a year and had had loads of cr** off them - several times they claim they never recieved my payment and i had to send copies of bank statements etc. And they used to leave those awful voice texts on my work phone. I came across this site and with the advice given I sent a CCA letter. I cancelled my Standing Order and haven't heard from them since! Wish I'd known earlier - could've saved myself hundreds of pounds! When you're strapped for cash, that £50 per month saving is a godsend!

So thanks to everyone on this site who has given me advice!

Cara

First Post for me, so Hi all.

Had incident woth MH today. Colleague of mine, nasty messages on an answerphone stating that she owed over £100 to a reputable Mobile Phone dealership form over 4 years ago. Major problem with this is that my colleague has never owned a contract Mob!! As is apprently usual for these bovine operatives they refused to provide evidence of the debt, advised against contacting the company to whom the supposed debt was owed as they would not have records after this time and could not substantiate their claim of a right to collect in any way shape or form. Whilst colleague was talking to them on the phone, I searched the internt and came across this site. Couldn't believe my eyes, so many people with similar problems with the same "company". Amazed their practices have not been exposed on a wider scale. Is it worth going to Nat Press (Watchdog etc) about this? I have already ensured the Mob company in question is aware their name was used incorrectly in this case and suggest they look into the practice of MH independently. Any other advice for my colleague?

Thanks

I have had a letter from MH (hence my pseudonym), but having googled for information on them, I too found this site.

It seems that MH do indeed feed off debt allegations that are, in any event, statute barred. This is all about preying on people who do not have access to the necessary knowledge required to defend themselves from the sort of unlawful and improper conduct that is routine amongst the debt collection 'profession'.

For behold henceforth all DCAs face a vigorous envanquishment.

SLC must be Reduced by any means necessary.

I have had a letter from MH (hence my pseudonym), but having googled for information on them, I too found this site.

It seems that MH do indeed feed off debt allegations that are, in any event, statute barred. This is all about preying on people who do not have access to the necessary knowledge required to defend themselves from the sort of unlawful and improper conduct that is routine amongst the debt collection 'profession'.

You have found us her on CAG so Wackenzie Balls can Feck Off. We will help you defeat the imbeciles

Glad I found this forum. Guess what, I got a "Personal matter" letter from macthievingshizie this morning. Fortunately their phone number was permanently engaged when I tried to call them. Will I respond ? Will I hell !

I'll wait until I get a more specific letter then follow the advice posted here about the CCA letter, it seems to have nipped matters in the bud for others. It would be nice if they sent a collector to the door (unlikely as I don't have any outstanding or old debt) I'm sure we could discuss their legitimacy over my collection of hammers (sniggers). My advice; these are a bunch of bullying opportunist thieves, I'd rather shake the hand of a mugger than respond to their request for a phone call, at least street muggers have the honesty not to hide behind a fallacy like theirs.

The authorities are there for the protection of the public; the Courts, Police Services, Local Trading Standards Office, Ombudsman Scheme, Office of fair trading, they're all stood behind you when you stand up the thieves like these, DO NOT WORRY.

Wackenzie Balls can Feck Off.

I like the moniker. I shall make sure I 'accidentally' insert the 'typo' into any correspondence I have with them, should the letters from them become less elliptical and obscurantist.

For behold henceforth all DCAs face a vigorous envanquishment.

SLC must be Reduced by any means necessary.

Hi

Also Being Chased By M/h For 125.00. I First Knew About The Company After My Mum And Relatives Had Had Phone Calls From Them Asking If They Knew Of Me. Then The Next Door Neighbour Came Round To Say That She Had Had A Phone Call Asking If She Lived Next Door To Me And Could I Phone This Number.

Knew I Shouldn't Have But Called Them After Being Told Of This Debt I Have Asked For Proof That It Is Me As I Can Not Remember Owing Anyone.

Now Getting The Red Postcards And Voice Messages Being Left Several Times A Week

On Saturday Have Now Got A Letter Stating That If The Debt Is Not Paid They Will Send A Field Visitor Round ( Pass On The Field Bit) To Claim The Full Debt

Can Anyone Advise Pls

Thks

I love this website :)

On my way out this morning (06/08/07) around 11am to an agency interview and saw a letter addressed to me, the front of which had Mackenzie Halls address on. Now, I thought it was another job agency (I remember a few mackenzies in my job searches!) but I thought it odd that an agency would send a letter. So I opened it:

There in Black Caps against a red background FINAL NOTICE. ( I found it funny that they used a colour printer, yet their very bad letterheaded paper was not in colour but a blur of greys)

Apparently, I owed £764.02 that needed to be paid by NOON 8th August 2007 (again, written against a red background). My pursuers were 'Lowell Group' and MH were recovering the debt.

Another letter came with it. This one had 'T-mobile's' Logo at the top (the debt is from them).

Apart from spelling mistakes, the lack of a signature and name at the bottom alongwith the sheer unprofessional look of these letters and the fact that I have not held a t-mobile account for more than 6 years made me suspicious and having read about these '[problem]' artists, I definitely won't be corresponding with them.

So, thank you CAG...you guys rock!

These people have me living on my nerves..................

I too also got into debt with a credit card. To cut a long story short my marriage fell apart I moved away.................it was our joint debt ......(which I foolishly thought it was being sorted). 8years later just the day after my father died and I was in the midst of arranging his funeral I received a letter from MH I contacted them and low and behold was bullied into paying them £54............extremely stupid I know but my head was all over the place at the time. I have sent them the letter with the £1 postal order in return for any signed paper work that they have but all I received back from them was details of the debt ie with whom, where I lived the date the credit card agreement was made , but I never received a copy of any paper work with my signature from them. Yesterday I received a final demand notice from them to pay in full with in 7 days in the enclosed business reply envelope ( which was not there) or they shall be taking further action against me. I haven't the money to pay in full and I'm truely sick with worry.......please can anybody help me!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do next?

They haven't complied fully with your CCA request, therefore they cannot enforce the debt. My OH has been waiting since January for a copy of his CCA, they don't send it, but still send their letters threatening this and that, we just ignore them, MH are a bunch of muppets who use scare tactics, you could of course always write to them stating they have not complied with your CCA request and therefore you do not have to pay them anything, don't forget to add that you do not acknowledge any debt to them :)

These people have me living on my nerves..................

I too also got into debt with a credit card. To cut a long story short my marriage fell apart I moved away.................it was our joint debt ......(which I foolishly thought it was being sorted). 8years later just the day after my father died and I was in the midst of arranging his funeral I received a letter from MH I contacted them and low and behold was bullied into paying them £54............extremely stupid I know but my head was all over the place at the time. I have sent them the letter with the £1 postal order in return for any signed paper work that they have but all I received back from them was details of the debt ie with whom, where I lived the date the credit card agreement was made , but I never received a copy of any paper work with my signature from them. Yesterday I received a final demand notice from them to pay in full with in 7 days in the enclosed business reply envelope ( which was not there) or they shall be taking further action against me. I haven't the money to pay in full and I'm truely sick with worry.......please can anybody help me!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do next?

Dont worry about not having any business reply envelopes -- I can send you some--I have a draw full of them from muppets Mackenzie Hall and a load from their puppets Meritforce. I am saving them to give to one of their visitors they keep telling me are coming (as if).

Pity you paid £54 you have no chance of getting that back..Send off a standard Statute Barred letter.They can't and wont take any further action against you , apart from letter after letter and the ocassional phone call , but remember its costing them to do this just keep ignoring them, the letters and phone calls do start to dwindle.

HANG ON IN THERE.

ps

any one want any envelopes.

Thank god i found this thread!! I got a leter from MH today and i nearly shot myself right in the foot by phoning them but as luck would have it there was no answer it just rang and rang, maybe they were closed (there is a god after all ;) ). i decided to google em and this was one of first threads that came up. i do have 2 debts but i know they are NOT whet MH are chasing me about so seems whatever they are chasing me about is defunct as the rest of the peeps on here. i will NOT be making any further attempt to contact them and if i recieve any further correspondence from them i will be ignoring that also and to repeat what many of you have also said i urge everybody else who recieves any kind of mail or correspondence to ignore it too!!

Thank god i found this thread!! I got a leter from MH today and i nearly shot myself right in the foot by phoning them but as luck would have it there was no answer it just rang and rang, maybe they were closed (there is a god after all ;) ). i decided to google em and this was one of first threads that came up. i do have 2 debts but i know they are NOT whet MH are chasing me about so seems whatever they are chasing me about is defunct as the rest of the peeps on here. i will NOT be making any further attempt to contact them and if i recieve any further correspondence from them i will be ignoring that also and to repeat what many of you have also said i urge everybody else who recieves any kind of mail or correspondence to ignore it too!! p.s. i have noticed a lot of people have said that there was no name or signature on their letters but there was on mine, Vitor Richards. if only there was a way to determine whether a "Victor Richards" is employed within MH and its group of companies?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks