Knocked back by a DCA on a Sec 10 notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still waiting from mine from Lowells.

I have just quickly read through both, but what they are not grasping STILL is they have no rights at all if they cannot produced an enforceable Agreement! I will read again, but they have still not really answered all of the points raised, but whatever their take on what was sent their actions are and have been illegal without the signature on the Agreement!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just quickly read through both, but what they are not grasping STILL is they have no rights at all if they cannot produced an enforceable Agreement!

They are fully aware of that fact but as usual for them they are trying to bullsh*it you into thinking they have.

David

What they have said is that there IS a signed agreement in existence and that they will send you a copy of it as soon as they can.

They CAN continue to process your data until you go to court and succesfully get them to stop.

Unless you follow up the sanction that you mentioned in the s10 dpa notice that you sent them then they will continue to process your data.

What they have said is that there IS a signed agreement in existence and that they will send you a copy of it as soon as they can.

They CAN continue to process your data until you go to court and succesfully get them to stop.

Unless you follow up the sanction that you mentioned in the s10 dpa notice that you sent them then they will continue to process your data.

Spot on there, its a case of brinkmanship now, they know the 6 years bad credit reporting hurts people and they will punish anyone who challenges the agreements with reporting until forced to withdraw or the 6 years runs out.

S.

The letter would have included (or SHOULD have included) something along the lines of:-

If you fail to respond to this notice within the prescribed timescale I will make an application to the court under Section 10(4) Data Protection Act 1998 that you be ordered to comply with this notice.

It is then up to you to make an application to the court that they comply with your notice

Still waiting from mine from Lowells.

I have just quickly read through both, but what they are not grasping STILL is they have no rights at all if they cannot produced an enforceable Agreement! I will read again, but they have still not really answered all of the points raised, but whatever their take on what was sent their actions are and have been illegal without the signature on the Agreement!

I havnt heard from Lowell's yet either.

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

Looks interesting.

Andymax, what do you plan on doing next ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Looks interesting.

Andymax, what do you plan on doing next ?

I dont know. Any suggestions?

I have also had a letter from Low-ells and they found the Credit Agreement! :eek: Will upload it shortly.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

I dont know. Any suggestions?

I have also had a letter from Low-ells and they found the Credit Agreement! :eek: Will upload it shortly.

Sorry, I really dont know. I was just interested. Look forward to seeing the "agreement" :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Low-ells reply is below. Previous replies can be seen @ http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/186405-cca-request-lowell-3.html#post2126755

17aprilreplypage1blanke.jpg

17aprilreplypage2blanke.jpg

17aprilreplypage3blanke.jpg

17aprilreplypage4.jpg

Edited by andymanx

Sorry andy, your image is a bit small, can you enlarge a bit please:)

BCOBS

Sorry andy, your image is a bit small, can you enlarge a bit please:)

Done. :lol:

Thats if the 2 documents are even connected. They would have to be front and back to make it enforceable. There is nothing on the first page to say T&C's overleaf......It does state "please read Use of Information overleaf (sec 23)". There is NO section 23 on the second page ;)

As for the ignoring of the s10 request - here's hoping Toulouse has something up his sleeve ;)

Thanks peeps. ;-)

Quelle surprise!! :-o

None of the documentation requested under CPR 31.14 has been supplied.

Dear DCa.

Thank you for your letter dated **/**/**** in which you respond to my request under CPR 31.14, a copy of this request is attached for your convenience.

Unfortunately your response falls some way short of fulfilling this request made under Civil Procedure Rules, again for your convenience I shall explain your shortcoming in order that you may speedily rectify the situation.

In my CPR request I made it abundantly clear that I required from you the following information in order that I might make informed judgment as to whether it would be in my interests to seek enforcement of my Section 10 DPA notice through the Courts.

a) A true copy of any contract entered into between myself **** Your name **** and ***** DCA *****, such document to bear the signatures of both parties.

or.

b) Only if the document referred to as 'the contract' in (a) above cannot be produced then either of the following two documents:

(i) A sworn statement that such document does not exist.

or:

(ii) A true copy of any document of novation between the three parties namely myself **** your name ****,and ***** OC *****, and ***** DCA *****, such document to be bearing the signature of all parties to the original contract and the novation thereof.

or.

c) A true and signed copy of any contract agreement entered into at any time between myself **** your name ****, **** OC **** such agreement to be bearing the name of your company ***** DCA **** explicitly named as a third party to whom any rights under this contract may be assigned without the consent of both originating signatories to the contract.

and

d) A true copy of the deed or document of assignment of the account in question. Such document to have been executed in accordance with Sec 136 Law of Property Act 1925.

e) Proof that this assignment was lawfully perfected by virtue of a notice of assignment served in accordance with Sec 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925.

f) A copy of any contract of sale between **** OC **** and **** DCA *****. I permit this document to be reducted in order to remove any commercially sensitive information but am explicit that any terms of the contract purporting to pass rights to the original contract whether explicit or implied be left in their entirety.

g) Proof of purchase of this account from ***** OC ***** such proof to be dated.

h) In the event that any documentation mentioned in sections a) to g) of this request cannot be supplied; Written explanation as to why such documentation cannot be produced.

I note that you have failed to supply any of the documentation requested and instead have simply issued me a template letter re-iterating that you feel you have 'the right' to process my data.

This is of course unnacceptable to me I specifically requested the above documenation in order that I may make an educated decision myself as to whether you have 'the right' to process my data, for you to simply state this without supplying any proof of your claim whatsoever displays a gross failure to comprehend the gravity and implications of my lawful CPR 31.14 request.

I now have little option but to seek this documentation from *****OC***** as your failure in this matter simply underlines to me exactly how tenuous your claims are and it appears to me that you do not hold sufficient claim to this account to defend a Court claim in your own right so my next logical step is to ascertain whether *****OC***** should be named as co-defendant in any enforcement action.

My request was made in order that I might judge the likelihood of success of any enforcement action I might instigate amongst yourselves and I have to be honest with you and state that your failure to provide one single piece of the documentation requested leads me to suspect that you either do not hold this documentation or that such documentation does not exist. I am however a reasonable person and still think this matter can be resolved without my taking you to Court so I am prepared to grant you a 14 day extension to the original period of notice given you to fulfill the CPR 31.14 request in order that you might re-assess your response to meet the requirements of my lawful request.

This does of course mean that I shall be expecting to receive from yourselves a copy of all the documentation itemised in the original CPR 31.14 request, please do not waste your time and mine by writing and telling me you 'have the right' without supplying the neccesary proof as requested.

This is my final warning to yourselves in this matter and failure to comply with the CPR 31.14 request at this stage could have some very serious consequences for yourselves including but not restricted to the following:

I may seek enforcement of my Sec 10 DPA 1998 notice through the Court without further notice.

Your breach of pre-action protocols might result in any or all of the documentation requested under CPR 31.14 being held inadmissible in Court in the event of litigation.

Your breach of pre-action protocols might result in a costs order being made against yourselves regardless of the outcome of any litigation.

I trust this underlines how potentially serious a matter your breach of CPR is and that you will make some effort to comply in the time you have left.

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Lowells arent very bright are they? I always thought peanuts and bananas improved your brainpower, obviously not;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)