The DCA catchphrases thread

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabot will not enter in to any further correspondence with you........

.....your account will be escalated in our collection process.

That's a cracker!

We are going to escalate your account in our collection process but errr, ummmmm, we arn't going to write any more?

David

My favourite is still the "If you have been paying this debt to the Register of Debtors in England and Wales please pay us now instead..." from Robinson Way.. who shouldn't be using this phrase at all.

I also think Meritforce's idiotic text and SMS messages from XXX "Please call us on XXXXXXX to discuss ref XXXX or we will send someone round" as this debt is covered by a debt management plan they would look rather foolish if they "took further legal action" on it!

A classic from Iqor.

Dodgy CCA sent with a letter saying the following....

We enclose a copy of your credit agreement. Please contact us at your earliest convenience with your repayment proposals. :rolleyes:

Debt Managers......

You may be entitled to a discount of 30% if you phone us and settle the account in full within 7 days.

Iqor again....

DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER. THIS DEBT WILL NOT GO AWAY

JB Debt Recovery....

You have ignored all previous correspondence

And last of all a classic from Bryan Carter...........

If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reason in writing, and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim. IF you fail to do this, we reserve the right to show a copy of this letter to the District Judge.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

In a letter from Collect Direct re: Egg

"As we are sure you are aware, your agreement with with our client is fully enforceable and further requests for copies of your agreement or your claims of dispute will not be tolerated"

I just love the "will not be tolerated" bit, what exactly do they intend doing if I ask again ! :D

Don't you just love it cosalt? You can almost imagine them going an apoplectic purple: "We can't have THIS, they're ARGUING with us, they're DISPUTING their debt and they're NOT LETTING US TALK TO THEM." This is INTOLERABLE!!! How can we BULLY them if we can't do that?"

Shame.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

One which has not been mentioned is the classic when you answer the phone to a DCA (haven't had any calls for a while) and they start by saying that the full balance is payable today and ask if you are going to give them a debit card number. Oh yes, I have 7k in my current account which I am going to squander by paying for a non-existent CCA which has been sold to you for £350, or perhaps less.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I did a good one to CapQuest...

wrote them a cheque for £500 for an ancient HSBC debt and wrote in big letters on it 'WRITTEN UNDER DURESS' then cancelled it :p

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

I did a good one to CapQuest...

wrote them a cheque for £500 for an ancient HSBC debt and wrote in big letters on it 'WRITTEN UNDER DURESS' then cancelled it :p

Im surprised they didnt try to cash it.

My favourite is when you tell them when they ring that the account is in dispute and now in the hands of the courts so you won't discuss it with them and they say,

"we'll just keep ringing until you do."

What do they expect us to say?

"Oh all right, here's my debit card, take all the money you want."

NO CHANCE Capital One.:D

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Don't you just love it cosalt? You can almost imagine them going an apoplectic purple: "We can't have THIS, they're ARGUING with us, they're DISPUTING their debt and they're NOT LETTING US TALK TO THEM." This is INTOLERABLE!!! How can we BULLY them if we can't do that?"

Shame.

Fred

The next line is "EXTERMINATE!!!"

Not a catchphrase, as such, but the funniest thing I've heard was a letter to DiskManDave which said:

DCA: "please don't phone us again, we will only deal with this in writing"

:D

Robinscum Wha? I think

Carpe Jugulum

Another one from Wescot TELEMESSAGE Our enquiries have revealed that the telephone number listed for the above address is ex-directory and therefore we are unable to contact you by telephone followed 2 days later by a phone call to me to ask if I had received the telemessage.

Babybear, that is so shocking. The Sunday Times are researching more stories and I am sure they would love to hear from you. The link was on the top of the page to Georgina someone. I'm sure one of the site team will give it to you.

I'm astonished how appalling these awful DCAs are, and I've been frightened to death, but that comment they made to you is beyond belief.

DD

Dunno why your shocked DD

ALL DCA's only employ knuckle dragging Neanderthals with peas for brains

Dunno why your shocked DD

ALL DCA's only employ knuckle dragging Neanderthals with peas for brains

That's a real insult to peas. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related