Debt Support Network ?

hillards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As if it's not bad enough with blooming banks, credit card companies and DCA's phoning when I don't want to speak to them, now I've got some muppets by the name of Debt Support Network calling!

I'm TPS registered and ex-directory, so how they got my number I don't know. Asked for my wife by name, said they understood we may have debt problems - as it I would discuss that with a cold caller, number withheld too.

Reported to TPS already. I Googled and found the DSN website. Seems they provide IVA's, well good for them but why pay when I can get the same info and better service here on CAG?

I would really like to know where they got my number from as it's so annoying for cold callers to be given info like that when I have not given any authority for the number to be passed on - they're based in Basingstoke in some rented offices.

Website says they are a trading name of CPN Ltd - or expand that to become Compensation Professionals Network Ltd (regulated by the Ministry of Justice no less), funnily enough I found that on Google with yet another 'trading name' I'll not give here but claiming that "We can help you reclaim charges back..." !!!

So - heads up guys, you may get a call. They don't seem to appreciate things like TPS so make sure you report them - they hold their number when they call but the website says 0844 884 3272, which is what I've put in my TPS report...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I have had similar problems - within 2 days of a line being connected as it happens - they got very snotty and abusive when I asked where they got the number from I spoke to OFCOM who recommended I also talk to the Information Com as the number is ex directory there is only one place they could have got it so soon

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

The call I received from them was an unsolicited robo-call. Such marketing calls are illegal in the UK, and it's clearly not appropriate that a company such as this trade in financial services.

I believe DSN / FSDM is under investigation by both the ICO and the OFT. Good.

• 3 weeks later...

I got debt support network yesterday and someone else (allegedly) today yesterdays put the phone down straight away when I asked where they got my number from todays did the smug marketing database thing and when I said those types of call were illegal said what makes you think I am in the UK and claimed to be in the Gambia. Todays smug Piers Morgan was taking a similar take to the one claiming to be from Debt Solutions (who weren't)

I complained to DSN yesterday and added to my offcom complaint today and reported BT to the ICO as there is no way they should have sold an ex directory number to anywon within 2 days of the line being connected - the robot call was actually the first call I received

I didn't know DSN were under investigation so will email Offcom and update that complaint with their name

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

I am on cable and also ex-dir, but get the recorded mesage then press * calls all the time. I find it best to leave til the last minute then press required digit and then put the phone next to the tv. you would be surprised at how many have tried to start a conversation with someone off Corry!!:)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

• 3 months later...

Why are all of you complaining about a company trying to help you sort out some of YOUR debts. They dont ring randoms; only ring people who are already in debt. Either you're dillusional or just pig ignorant....you're the people that got yourselves into this debt in the first place.Borrowing money that you know you cant repay yourselves- adding to the economic crisis we are currently suffering from- I may add. Why are you so happy to repay interest on top of your debts- putting money into the back pockets of the already incredibly rich bankers.

I myself got help from a debt management company such as DSN and I can say I am extremely happy with how things are going. I dont understand why people are so quick to be defensive and think these companies are the enemy. At the end of the day nothing is for free, so yes these companies take a fee, but what company do you know gives you something for nothing.....banks certainly dont!!!!

Why are all of you complaining about a company trying to help you sort out some of YOUR debts. They dont ring randoms; only ring people who are already in debt. Either you're dillusional or just pig ignorant....you're the people that got yourselves into this debt in the first place.Borrowing money that you know you cant repay yourselves- adding to the economic crisis we are currently suffering from- I may add. Why are you so happy to repay interest on top of your debts- putting money into the back pockets of the already incredibly rich bankers.

I myself got help from a debt management company such as DSN and I can say I am extremely happy with how things are going. I dont understand why people are so quick to be defensive and think these companies are the enemy. At the end of the day nothing is for free, so yes these companies take a fee, but what company do you know gives you something for nothing.....banks certainly dont!!!!

To**er:wink:

Why are all of you complaining about a company trying to help you sort out some of YOUR debts. They dont ring randoms; only ring people who are already in debt.

How would they know that unless OFT, FSA & ICO guidelines had been broken?

As if it's not bad enough with blooming banks, credit card companies and DCA's phoning when I don't want to speak to them, now I've got some muppets by the name of Debt Support Network calling!

I'm TPS registered and ex-directory, so how they got my number I don't know. Asked for my wife by name, said they understood we may have debt problems - as it I would discuss that with a cold caller, number withheld too.

I would really like to know where they got my number from as it's so annoying for cold callers to be given info like that when I have not given any authority for the number to be passed on - they're based in Basingstoke in some rented offices.

So - heads up guys, you may get a call. They don't seem to appreciate things like TPS so make sure you report them - they hold their number when they call but the website says 0844 884 3272, which is what I've put in my TPS report...

steve1111 I think you'll find that hillards complaint is about unwanted phone calls from companies that have hillards phone number when hillards clearly wasnt aware that the ex-directory number was known to the company.

I consider that a form of tele-marketing (personal choice). Point is, if hillards wants to use such a service then Im sure they would approach such companies on their own reconnaissance.

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

How long have you been working for DSN?

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I am at present following through all unrequested (touted) 'offers of help'. I insist that I am informed as to where my information was purchased, and send a formal complaint to ICO. These companies have NO RIGHT to my information and I will follow them through all the way to Court if necessary. My telephone is for MY convenience and not that of others touting for business!!

I am ex directory stevie boy and dont give my number out and certainly not to companies out to make a fast buck just as a DCA is!

"Borrowing money that you know you cant repay yourselves", oh so being made redundant because of company closure due to bank withdrawing company overdraft facilities my fault, thats that sorted then;) Di*k

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

These companies have NO RIGHT to my information and I will follow them through all the way to Court if necessary. My telephone is for MY convenience and not that of others touting for business!!

Hear hear!!!!! or is it Here here!!?? :???:

either way Im of the same opnion as harrassed senior

Magna res est vocis et silentii temperamentum

The great thing is to know when to speak and when to keep quiet.

(Seneca the Younger (attributed), Proverbs, 74)

Speech is given to many; intelligence to few - but if its well said, I said it!

:p

haha things so bad they have to come on here touting for business :-D

They dont realise once people find this site its too late, they are empowered by the knowledge of others who have had the same problems, same companies chasing them and know how to deal with fairly and correctly.

S.

I have had an 'alleged' new one today - Credit Relief Network - The guy claimed not to know where they got my number from but put the phone down when I demanded that it be taken off their system - methinks he knew abit more than he was letting on including the the fact that what they are doing is dodgy - well I shall add that to my OFFCOM complaint

As for the comment about some Debt management companies helping people I have no doubt of that, my mother was being helped by one as she chose not to do it herself and that is her right. I like the guy he has been helpful since her death FOC as he knew more about her debts than us. Some people will always want to give this sort of thing to others to deal with for them - we on CAG choose not to but we need to remember sometimes its still our choice and others will choose to do it differently no point getting upset with the debt management companies that are filling a void - I can tell you now my younger brother intends to use one he knows damn well what I am doign but is the sort of [person that can't be arsed to deal with it himself

The issue here is the dodgy ones not the good ones

The PPI Saga

I had a call from what sounded like Credit Relief Network, can't quite make it out from the recording.

The following number is logged in my pbx: 02030090036 or 17190502030090036 if that means anything to anyone.

But when I ring it back it is a message from Verizon Business with the following message:

Your test call has successfully routed via the london 8 switch for enquiries please call 0800 0188000

I will give Verizon a call tomorrow and see what I can dig up.

Cheers, Des.

http://twitter.com/RipOffBritain for updates on the 118800 privacy disaster.

Edited by DesG

Just did a quick Google search on "credit relief network" and the result was this thread.

We are getting these calls at my company 3/4 times a week and they are a complete pain in the ar$e.

Steve1111, why would they be phoning our customer service line (for booking gas engineers) if they're trying to help us? It's an automated line and it keeps screwing up our systems. It's a computer randomly dialling numbers until it gets an answer!

I managed to intercept one of the calls before it went into the loop a short while ago. I was told to press 6 and was put through to a twonk called Brett who said "I believe you're having problems handling your debt". My response was "The only problem I have Brett is that we keep getting unsolicited calls from your company!" and I was swiftly hung up on.

These people must have debt problems themselves; you gotta be desperate to work for a place like that.

Next time, I have my sob story ready. I will need their help, desperately. I intend to get a call back number and I then I will be reporting them to the relevant authorities. :cool:

I know the ICO is taking action against the debt support network. They have asked me if they could use the details I forwarded to them to take this action.

However I also got a call from the credit relief network today and it looks like it is the same people that just changed company name as the recorded message is exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Another one from this crowd.

They withheld their caller ID, but number was 02033675600, but I get NU when calling it back.

The message said they were from Talk Time TV / talktime TV from what I can make out but it was 99% the same company as before.

I managed to string the oik along for a while giving him false details and then left the phone on the desk for a while while I had my dinner.

He obviously thought he was on to a winner, as I had 9 missed calls in the space of 3 minutes from 07893072138 I think this is a manx or jersey mobile number so don't go ringing it as it probably won't come out of your inclusive minutes. I did send them a few nasty text messages just to cheer up their day ;)

So, is anyone in contact with the ICO/ofcom/trading standards etc about this crowd, so I can send in my recordings and call logs if it will help.

Cheers, Des.

Hello,

I know the ICO is investigating them, it might be worthwile giving them a ring.

The person I dealt with was actually a manager there.

Obviously I am not posting their direct line on here, so you can contact me if needed and I will provide the details