Serious Debt Please Help

Teldave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone THANK YOU so much for your words I can't tell you how much it means to me it has given me something I thought had long gone HOPE

I am taking the advice and going for the CAG's to all of them and the first thing I done after my first post on here went home and unplugged the phone!!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT i INSTANTLY FELT BETTER

What can I say CAG literally saved my life maybe we do have that angel on our shoulder as something pointed and helped me to find this site.

Again reading some of the truely heart breaking stories on here makes you realise and be grateful for what you have got.

Will let you all know how the story goes - THANKYOU

Hi Teldave

:) I went all "goose-bumpy" after reading your last post.

I'm delighted that you're feelilng better and more positive. You'll soon start to feel "in control" and things WILL get better.

When you start to get replies to your CCA requests, post on here and let us know what they say - the "experts" can then guide you further.

"The Bear Garden" forum is a good place to go if you just would like a chat, but I know that you'll get much help and support to get you through this.

Stay strong

Best wishes.

jaxads xx

Edited by jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi there Sorry to hear about your financial problems the loss of your loved ones....

I couldn't say i know what your going through right now but believe me its not the end of the world and you CAN solve these problems....

Have you considered getting an appointment with the citizens adivce bereau or the Consumer credit councelling service? These are two charity orginisations i know help people in your predicament? If you need the numbers i can find the nearest CAB to you...

I work for a credit card company, in the collections department, and i happen to know that if you specifically request we remove your number, we must do so by law. So i suggest if you do speak to them again you request they remove your number and corresspond with you in writing. Perfectly reasonable request and also they are obliged to do this...

if you want any help from an insider just PM me or something i would be happy to give you some help....

TBC.......

Teldave, what I wanted to say this morning but couldn't find the right words is -

Just don't be alone with money worries! We all draw strength from each other, and you are very far from being alone now. Okay? xx

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Just to add my support. The world is a better place for blondes!

TBC - that was a very brave admission! Be warned - you'll get a 1,001 questions now.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Just adding to the welcomes Teldave - I used to spend all day every day with a knot in my stomach but no longer - just knowing what to do and what those toerags can't do no matter how much they shout is worth its weight in platinum

Edited by RedVixen
spelling that changed the context

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Just to add my support. The world is a better place for blondes!

TBC - that was a very brave admission! Be warned - you'll get a 1,001 questions now.

Regards.

Fred

:p I've got my tin hat on but i have read these forums for a few years and now when i am at work i am dying to tell people about this site but i need to work and as you can imagine that would be a big no no for my bosses :(

Dont let them get you down. I have only been on this site two weeks and they are great. I have sent all my CCA letters and already had £18,000 written off by Natwest!! So it will be worthwhile in the end.

You have already had some really good advice. Organize your files in seperate folders and keep everything. Have a good nights sleep and wake up 2moro with the will to beat these people. Remember banks and Credit Cards companies dont care and they have no morals!!! so dont be affraid to challenge them.

Good luck and so sorry to hear of your loss

Natwest loan - lost agreement £18,000. Complaint pending with FOS

Britannia Loan - CCA request defaulted - £25,000 not heard anything since

RBS Credit Card - lost agreement - £11,000. Complaint to FOS pending

RCI Finance - lost agreement -£8281.00

Northern Rock loan - pending

Halifax Loan - CCA request defauted - £5,181.00 not heard anything since

Natwest credit card - in dispute, refusing to dislose Agreement - £5,887.00

:p I've got my tin hat on but i have read these forums for a few years and now when i am at work i am dying to tell people about this site but i need to work and as you can imagine that would be a big no no for my bosses :(

I'm trying to put myself in your position here. There must be times when either you feel extremely sorry for somebody who is quite clearly being given a hard time when they don't deserve it, or quite angry when you can see that somebody is simply trying to evade their responsiblities. Does this make your job more difficult?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Everyone THANK YOU so much for your words I can't tell you how much it means to me it has given me something I thought had long gone HOPE

I am taking the advice and going for the CAG's to all of them and the first thing I done after my first post on here went home and unplugged the phone!!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT i INSTANTLY FELT BETTER

What can I say CAG literally saved my life maybe we do have that angel on our shoulder as something pointed and helped me to find this site.

Again reading some of the truely heart breaking stories on here makes you realise and be grateful for what you have got.

Will let you all know how the story goes - THANKYOU

thats excellent, eventually you'll be so uplifted by your own progress it will get to a stage where you can't wait to log on to see how someone else is getting on because your'e 'problems' have paled into insignificance. Be warned, this site is highly addictive.

Edited by blipvert
l

Just adding my support teldave, you will find this site such a nice break from everything, and how to deal with these people - you will feel much better about it when you realise the rules aren't just what they tell you!

Lets sort it out :)

I'm trying to put myself in your position here. There must be times when either you feel extremely sorry for somebody who is quite clearly being given a hard time when they don't deserve it, or quite angry when you can see that somebody is simply trying to evade their responsiblities. Does this make your job more difficult?

Regards.

Fred

You have just about hit the nail on the head there mate.

its actually quite frustrating at times when i speak to people who are going through a tough patch and all i can say is send us a letter. I wish it was me who makes the rules but sadly it aint :|

"What can I say CAG literally saved my life maybe we do have that angel on our shoulder as something pointed and helped me to find this site."

That's exactly how I felt - so we're all in this together.

Take comfort in the fact that we've all become friends and are all on the same side!

x:)x

Teldave: first off (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

You have had so much to deal with, but you are still here, and with our help you will be able to not only get through this, but actually laugh about it before long.

Firstly, send off the Consumer Credit Agreement letters (included below)to anyone you have a loan or credit card debt with. They cannot be used for mobile phone, utility or nursery debts I believe. Make sure you send them unsigned (very important ~ some debt collections agencies have been known to cut and paste signitures onto agreements) and by recorded delivery and with a £1 postal order in them. Do this on monday (or as soon as you can afford to, but certainly by the end of next week), to all the companies (yes, the debt collection agencies who are doing your head in). They have 12+2 working days to respond with a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement or the agreement is in default and cannot be enforced.

Secondly, I don't know who you bank with or if the debts are within the same group but if you have say a Halifax bank account and a debt is with Halifax or Bank of Scotland then open another basic bank account to have any money and bills paid out of. Banks have been known to take money out of accounts to pay off debts of other banks in their group.

Thirdly cancel any direct debit payments you have arranged with these debt collection agencies. They can change the payment amount and date without you knowing.

Fourthly, DO NOT SPEAK TO THESE PEOPLE ON THE PHONE. It is their job to get money out of you, and can and will be as nasty as possible to try and get it. In the letter I have put below there is a bit about you not wanting any contact other than in writing.

When you get anything back from these companies let us know, some might try and fob you off with application forms for loans or credit cards and hope you do not know that this does not satisfy the law.

WE are here for you, we will support you.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY.

Re:

Dear Sir,

With reference to the account above I would be grateful if you could send me a copy of the signed credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (sections 77-79); I am entitled to receive a copy of the credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand that a copy of the credit agreement should be received within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I expect your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Everyone once again thank you today not so good I have had to plug the phone back in to be able to work to get broadband yesterday I had 63 calls today not even 11am 28 calls so far my husband is on nightwork and going mental as he cannot get any sleep

I am so scared to go to ccs or CAB because of my debt in case the recommend bankruptcy I am self employed contractor and my work involves supporting trading floors (mind you no work around in that field at the moment) so this would then bar me from working in that field if I was made bankrupt. I got a letter from my bank yesterday I have always made sure that I keep up with everything with them as I need them for my salary etc and now they are threatening to pull the rug from under me as they are concerned over my credit file!!!!! I want to fight back but feel so low - anyone out there won by them not having a CCA I have read so much my head is spinning I only seem to see court actions and then it depends on the judge.I flip between being positive and desperate I wish I could just stop crying I just crave some peace. I feel worthless and ashamed how could I end up from being comfortable having a good life to going to bed cold and hungry. Sorry bad day!!!!

Everyone once again thank you today not so good I have had to plug the phone back in to be able to work to get broadband yesterday I had 63 calls today not even 11am 28 calls so far my husband is on nightwork and going mental as he cannot get any sleep

I am so scared to go to ccs or CAB because of my debt in case the recommend bankruptcy I am self employed contractor and my work involves supporting trading floors (mind you no work around in that field at the moment) so this would then bar me from working in that field if I was made bankrupt. I got a letter from my bank yesterday I have always made sure that I keep up with everything with them as I need them for my salary etc and now they are threatening to pull the rug from under me as they are concerned over my credit file!!!!! I want to fight back but feel so low - anyone out there won by them not having a CCA I have read so much my head is spinning I only seem to see court actions and then it depends on the judge.I flip between being positive and desperate I wish I could just stop crying I just crave some peace. I feel worthless and ashamed how could I end up from being comfortable having a good life to going to bed cold and hungry. Sorry bad day!!!!

You need to stop those phone calls. Pull the plug out of the phone again! :)

I think you should talk to National Debtline.

Bankruptcy isn't the worst case - your health - and your hubby's health - deteriorating is! xx

There is also a website by a lovely young woman who had to face bankruptcy: if you google Ladiesinthered, you'll find it. She was also self-employed and doing well, but hit a real crisis in her business, hence BR. She got through it, and her pages are an inspiration - very funny as well! :D

sorry guys just a bad day feeling down buzzer system in rented property so even with phone unplugged it buzzes every room need to work out how to disconnect every buzz just brings it home what a mess I am in my whole family now gone only have my husband but he is at the end of his tether scared he will walk and I lose him too not looking for sympathy as there are worse off them me!!! some positive win stories please thanks everyone