Barclaycard - CCA Response

ska1664
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks

Looks like we're all having the same run-a-round from B/C.

I've done the CCA, SAR and CPR -So far I've got 3 sets of T & C's some of my statements but the whole of 2006 are missing. The CPR resquest got me a copy of their data printout which has helped with my PPI claim. I've got enough customer feed back leaflet's to paper a small room (the smallest room is more appropriate) and a stack of letters say they will reply by whatever date -

I haven't complained to any of the official bodies yet - I don't see why I should give B/C another 8 weeks - this has been going on since the end Sept/October. They refuse to acknowledge that there's a dispute on the account, refuse to cancel the PPI and keep on piling on the charges and passing black markers to the CRA's.

I have been paying minimum payment+ since I started this mamoth treck with them - but in January I decided that the money was best spent issuing a Court Summons for damages and to get them to comply with my SAR. Technically it's only just been served so they've got a couple of weeks to come up with the statements and the credit agreement and anything else they hold. In the mean time I've slammed in a claim for some of the PPI with threats of court action. If the left hand at B/C finally gets round to telling the right hand what's going on I hope they'll realise I mean business with the refund.

So that's me in a nutshell - I'll let you know if I can get them to produce a credit agreement via the Courts.

Subbing!

Guess what, I have just received this letter from Mercers aswell. To date (having asked for it in Nov 08) I have only had one letter from BCard containing the attached t's&c's. No agreement, no nothing despite sending them an account in dispute letter. The t's&c's arrived from BCard on Monday this week and the Mercers letter arrived today.

So, I am right in thinking that no agreement means that they remain in dispute until they get one and they cannot sell this debit onto anyone whilst in remains in dispute? What happens if they sell this debt on whilst it is in dispute?

Good luck everyone!

Bene

Barclaycard CCA Response.pdf

BCard Mercers.pdf

BCard Mercers 2.pdf

Hi,

Mercers / Barclaycard (they both operate out of the same office) cant issue a default notice whilst the account is in dispute and are breaking the rules YET AGAIN!!

The debt hasnt been sold on - they think a different letterhead may scare people!!. Stop all payments now - you are entitled to until they produce a proper CCA agreement. Write back to Mercers enclosing copy of your letter and their reply re: CCA req and state that default needs to be removed or will be reported to relevant authorities. To lodge a default on your credit file Barclaycard need your signed consent (ie the CCA agreement) as they dont have it they are breaking the Data Protection Act by doing so.

I have been to 2 DCA's so far (and back to BC again) - I am in process of structuring a good letter to hit them with. I have wiped clear my Equidebt / Co-Op Visa card due to lack of agreement and waiting before this is cleared on Equifax/Experian before sending it.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Just checked online credit report with Experian and Equidebt have removed their entry totally from my credit file.... not a trace of it now... default gone, balance wiped off (£7k).:D:D:D

Barclaycard are in same position as Equidebt, it aint going to be easy - Equidebt took a couple of letters. Will keep you all posted of any latest developments.

Lets get everyone on this thread atacking Barclaycard..... we will win.... just may take a bit of time.

• Haha 1

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

I agree, best way I found was to sit back and wait. If you get a letter from a DCA send them back an account in dispute letter. Give it a good 3 months since the 12+2 expiry date and send them a letter stating they haven't complied, can't enforce, can't do anything but write off and clear credit file letter :grin::grin::grin:

I agree, best way I found was to sit back and wait. If you get a letter from a DCA send them back an account in dispute letter. Give it a good 3 months since the 12+2 expiry date and send them a letter stating they haven't complied, can't enforce, can't do anything but write off and clear credit file letter :grin::grin::grin:

Pretty much... :D... although it takes them A-G-E-S to give up trying to intimidate you through Mercers usually... They also like to slap on interest and charges; so that you worry that your "debt" is escalating....

Battle of wills at the end of the day.... ;) , but they do flog them out eventually.

Subscribing

Now in the same state - obsolutely sick of barclayshark, fed up sending recorded letters to be ignored or just getting back the same old T&C's.

SAR just got sent back 6 years statements, LBA letter sent reply was just ANOTHER copy of T&C's plus page after page of codes, letter received today telling me mercers on now off the leash and coming to get me.

Love to stop paying 'em but in difficult position as I bank with barclays and cant get another bank account because of capone antics - but that my friends is another story.

Beachy

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have now received another love letter from the lovely Mercers:

Mercers4.jpg

There is however still no sign of a CA :)

I will just have to shake in my boots and hide in the corner, if they carry out their threat in the above letter :wink:

ska

Well I have now received another love letter from the lovely Mercers:

Mercers4.jpg

There is however still no sign of a CA :)

I will just have to shake in my boots and hide in the corner, if they carry out their threat in the above letter :wink:

ska

Hi ska

See Mercers have gone for the 48 Hour tactic lol.

Just send them a bemused letter and say the account is still in dispute.

Gaz

I have now received this letter from Sharklycard, apparently dealing with my complaint:

BC4.jpg

Now this confuses me a little as they claim to have sent me a copy of the original application form which has not arrived yet anyway, however I have asked for a copy of my original CA?

Anybody else had this from Sharklycard?

ska

I have now received this letter from Sharklycard, apparently dealing with my complaint:

Now this confuses me a little as they claim to have sent me a copy of the original application form which has not arrived yet anyway, however I have asked for a copy of my original CA?

Anybody else had this from Sharklycard?

ska

Nice of them to admit they have an "Application" not an agreement... lets hope when it arrives it also contains none of the prescribed terms:D

PmW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well surprise, surprise no sign of the "Original Application Form" but a letter has arrived from another group of threat monkeys:

Barclaycard5.jpg

I notice at the bottom of the letter it mentions "Mercers Debt Collections Ltd"

Should I ignore this letter or send them a response?

ska