Link Financial have done a mass mailing of Default Notices re: assigned accounts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I['m waiting for them to post me a cd with all the names and addresses of all the debtors in the UK on it....;)

ALternatively you can probably find that in a coffee bar near to their office:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh, I know nearly everything me. I bugged their offices one cold november day and listen in fairly regularly. Apparently Janice in accounts is having a thing with claude in HR...

I then nicked one of their laptops off a train at Euston when they weren't looking...

Or, if you think that the above might not be 100% accurate...shame on you!

It was just the 11 that threw me. I know they wrote to 13 cos last year so didn't know if you knew something else. I suppose there was the 1st credit thing but even if that was taken off then you are left with 12....

Well that's it Kraken, if it is true, then Janice and I are through!!

GK

• 2 weeks later...

Link Financial Limited are awaiting their CCL to be renewed,

it expired in May 2008, that is 10 months ago...?

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0446835Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Link Financial Limited 3504939

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 03-May-1998 Expiry Date: 02-May-2008

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Bernard Albert Ernest Saunders OFFICER

Mr Philippe Marcel Etienne Paillart OFFICER

Paul David Burdell

Robin Wilfred Roberts OFFICER

Selina Lee Burdell OFFICER

Stephan Karl Edward Ludwig OFFICER

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Geraldine Ann Kennel OFFICER

Robert Mark Longden OFFICER

Selina Rigden EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

Stephen Andrew West OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Principal Place Of Business 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Registered Office 89, Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7TP

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Principal Place Of Business 89, Albert Embankment, Londo, SE1 7TP

Principal Place Of Business Suite 3,01-3,02 Plaza 535, Kings Road, London, SW10 0SZ

Registered Office Suite 3,01-3,02 Plaza 535, Kings Road, London, SW10 0SZ"

Just keeping an eye on them!

AC

No, they are not trading unlawfully, their licence is still current, but awaiting renewal;

Hopefully, the OFT will clip their wings a little...

Naughty Link, they think that they can circumnavigate the OFT guidelines and get away scot free.

Many, many members have complained to the OFT about Link's Unfair Business Practice!

The OFT wheel turns very slowly.

AC

p.s. keep complaining guys, if you don't Link Financial will just carry on riding roughshod over you ALL.

Link have bought my car loan from GEMoney/CarCraft rip-off merchants so subbing with interest 8-)

ps. anybody know how long it normally takes to renew a licence? would have thought it was just a matter of a stamp on a certificate :)

Edited by AA99
ps

AA99 they bought my GE account , and they have so far lost 3 payments! it took them over a year to find the one and im still waiting on them looking for the other one....

interesting about the expiry though, i cant see how they can trade if its expired?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Link have bought my car loan from GEMoney/CarCraft rip-off merchants so subbing with interest 8-)

ps. anybody know how long it normally takes to renew a licence? would have thought it was just a matter of a stamp on a certificate :)

AA, sorry I dont know the answer to this question. Or is there something I am missing :confused:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ps. anybody know how long it normally takes to renew a licence? would have thought it was just a matter of a stamp on a certificate

Apparently not...

see here for info on the process:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/credit_licences/oft969.pdf

and here for timeframes:

The Office of Fair Trading: Making an application for a credit licence

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of SOA's... I received another letter from Link telling me that they're still dealing with my complaint made before Xmas! My complaint was that when asked for a SOA they produced one belonging to another customer (reported in this thread many pages back). Meanwhile they still haven't satisfied my request for the SOA (months later) under the CCA, so I'm paying them nothing until they do.... or until they send me a LINI letter ;)

Arrived today,

LINKSTATEMENTOFACCOUNT2APRIL2009.jpg

I'm sure Mrs P doesn't have an account with Link. Do you think they are making it up ?

I must ask them again to provide the agreement!:D

New tactical ploy from our friends at Link at least its more professional than the last lot of DNs:D

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Dont you just love that statement at the bottom

"If you have a problem with your agreement, please try and resolve it with us in the first instance" :confused::D

BCOBS

Would sending a similar letter to alanfromderbys do any good?

2nd May 2006

Dear Sirs,

Reference: Your refs:

Please be aware that I do not acknowledge any debt to your company, and therefore require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further.

Firstly, you must supply me with true copies of the agreements you refer to in these matters. This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - your obligation also extends to providing statements of account. I enclose a £2 postal order in payment of the statutory fee for each account.

I also require that you supply signed true copies of the deeds of assignment of the above referenced agreements.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. I am now initiating investigations with MBNA into the validity of the original amount that was claimed to be owed, and will be in contact with you again in due course. In the meantime please be aware that I consider this matter to be “in dispute”.

Yours faithfully

Edited by phatram

as long as you change the date phatram :lol::lol:

BCOBS

I also require that you supply signed true copies of the deeds of assignment of the above referenced agreements.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

This is wrong. You are not entitled to a copy of the deed of assignment under s77/89.

I think that it is very unwise to put incorrect info in letters like this; it advertises the fact that you don't fully know what you are talking about.

This is wrong. You are not entitled to a copy of the deed of assignment under s77/89.

I think that it is very unwise to put incorrect info in letters like this; it advertises the fact that you don't fully know what you are talking about.

Its alanfromderby's letter not mine. I was trying to help people but you obviously know more than me, sorry for wasting your time.