Lowells "buy back your account"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner got a letter from these charming people.

"I am writing to offer you a unique solution to the outstanding debt you have with our client Lowell Portfolio Ltd by giving you the opportunity to bid and buy back your account.

The concept is simple and easy to follow, you simply bid for your account and if your bid amount reaches our reserve price then the account is yours, you will then no longer receive debt collection letters or calls, any pending legal action will be stopped and you credit file will be amened accordingly."

And enclosed 2 separate forms asking for bid, telephone no, address, email addy, moby no and a direct debit form. ( which we have no intention of sending back)

We know this debt is Stat barred as we not heard about this debt for over 7 years and this the first letter from them.

I never heard of this tactic before so i thought i would bring it to the attention of this forum.

Don

Edited by Don_puppyd7

Hi, Don.

That's out of order, I've 'flagged' your post up, try to get some opinions from the Site Team :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Oh dear.

Well this is an easy one.

File it under IGNORE.

They clearly are phishing and as such don't even deserve a civilised response.

IF they continue to pursue this debt then report them to Trading Standards for further action.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

My partner got a letter from these charming people.

"I am writing to offer you a unique solution to the outstanding debt you have with our client Lowell Portfolio Ltd by giving you the opportunity to bid and buy back your account.

The concept is simple and easy to follow, you simply bid for your account and if your bid amount reaches our reserve price then the account is yours, you will then no longer receive debt collection letters or calls, any pending legal action will be stopped and you credit file will be amened accordingly."

And enclosed 2 separate forms asking for bid, telephone no, address, email addy, moby no and a direct debit form. ( which we have no intention of sending back)

We know this debt is Stat barred as we not heard about this debt for over 7 years and this the first letter from them.

I never heard of his tactic before so i thought i would bring it to the attention of this forum.

Don

Id just send it back with a load of made up details & a bid of £0.00 :lol:

astonishing by lowells.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Surely this is just a thinly disguised version of the old "we have no agreement, so are pretending that we are willing to accept a reduced amount for this unenforceable debt" ploy?

I would imagine that unless Lowell have all the correct paperwork in these cases (in which case they wouldn't be doing this), then this scheme could constitute a misleading action under CPUTR - they are misleading consumers into making a transactional decision (in other words, to pay a debt they may not be obliged to pay) they might otherwise not have made.

I think my answer to Lowell's offer would be to ask them to provide evidence of what I'd get for my money, and ask them to confirm that they will be able to supply a credit agreement that fully complies with all relevant legislation.

lowells are renowned for phising but this takes the micheal!

Halifax Bank - Owed £1599

23/3 - Data Protection Act sent

24/5 - Data Protection Act finally arrived

25/5 - Demand for repayment sent

04/10 Court bundle filed with court and Halifax

29/10 STAY ISSUED

JAN 08 - Currently being harrased by debt collectors!

Mar 08 - New DCA - Stopped in there tracks

Jun 08 - And another

Jul 08 - Complaint made to HBOS

Nov 08 - My accounts been sold to a DCA

Jan 09 - New complaint issued against HBOS

Mar 09 - Halifax re-aquired the debt

Apr 09 - Applying for Hardship.

at least they removed 2 defaults in selling accounts! :D

I dont not claim to know everything and any advice i give should be treated as MY opinion.

If ive been helpful tip the scales!

or better still

DONATE TO CAG - every tenner helps!

Yes, I got one too. :lol::lol::lol:

My favourite paragraph was:

The concept is simple and easy to follow, (I'm sure it is, and whoever thought of it must have really enjoyed their free MaccyD's) you simply bid for your account and if your bid amount reaches our reserve price then the account is yours, you will then no longer receive debt collection letters or calls (Ever?!) , any pending legal action will be stopped (wot legal action?) and you credit file will be amened accordingly (Oooh look at the flying piggy!).

Unfortunately they scuppered themselves with this paragraph further down:

If you choose not to take one of these options we will unfortunately have no choice but to continue with recovery action, this debt not going to go away and the full balance is due. (I'm loving the punctuation by the way. You really don't need each paragraph to be one sentence long... honest! :p)

Let's face it, if the accounts really were up for sale, that last paragraph would be redundant and the alleged "full balance" would never be recovered. If it wasn't stat-barred and nonexistent, I might have some fun with them, but I can't be bothered.

Mickey

How desparate are these people getting:lol:

VERY :D

DCA's in general these days know they havent got a leg to stand on when it comes to collecting money off people.

They are in effect just useless/powerless & pointless organisations.

There is only one authority in this country & that is the courts....and even they are not very favourable with DCA's :lol: