Pompeyfaith v Co-op PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PF i'm really sorry to hear all this . I can't believe after all your hard work you are being given the run around yet again.

I know its frustrating but please hang in there without letting it affect your health.(i know thats easier said than done)

Regards

LDG

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you marshallka ill run all my calcs though as above tonight and see what it brings PF

I do pop back to see how you are going on and I hate to think of you sitting up at night doing your nut in. You need to be careful cause of your health. I hope you can get things sorted in your mind.;)

Hiya All,

Right there final chance below before I start court action because of the immanent postal strikes I will email the letter below to them and send a hard copy to them and the FOS.

LETTER BEFORE COURT ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write with reference to the above Loan Accounts which have, as you know, been in dispute now since July 2008 due to your mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance Policies.

I send this letter to you as required under CPR PD 1 in an attempt to resolve this complaint before I submit a claim with the County Court.

I have yesterday and today been in discussion with an adjudicator at the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding the level of redress coupled with your assertion that the offer you made on the 27th October 2008 is a fair offer. This I strongly dispute and continue to do for the following reasons:

Whilst the difference between what I have paid and what I should have paid may be fair, it does not redress the policy cost in that when I settled and re-financed early an element of the PPI was rebated and an element of the PPI policy cost was kept by you.

This is plain to see on my current Loan Account where you rebated £914.20 back into the Loan Account without my permission. The cost of this Policy was £1511.27 which means you have held back £597.07.

As all of these policies were mis-sold, it is not fair to retain part of the cost and charge interest on it Mis-sold means you have committed a financial wrong and to put that wrong right you need to rebate the whole policy cost of £1511.27 back into the loan and return the payments I have made back to me, at the interest rate charged on the agreement.

On the loan signed by me on the 09th March 1999 you say that you are unable to redress the PPI on this loan because you have no proof of payments.

This I find hard to believe and I am horrified at your stance on this and would remind you that we both signed a Legal Document of which you have record. I must also point out that if I had defaulted on the payments you would not have made a further 8 Loans to us - after all you were quick enough to unfairly default us on the current loan that was in a clear Dispute.

I will also point out that as you have the agreement it should not be too hard to work out the redress on this Loan using the tools you have available to you as a sophisticated financial institution.

I wish to draw your attention to the latest release from the Financial services authority on Tuesday 29th September which I’m sure you have read where it states:

"The industry must show it can act fairly, consistently and in the best interest of consumers on PPI. All firms operating in this sector should take note and where necessary get their house in order. Where we find problems in PPI sales or complaint handling, firms can expect tough action, including requiring them to undertake reviews and, where appropriate, pay redress."

I will also point out than I have been very fair so far but if this goes to court I will also be claiming restitutionary damages as clearly you have profited from a financial wrong so I will be seeking those profits you have made on my money be handed over to me.

I will also be seeking the true cost of these policies to you as it is clear you hold a group policy which costs a fraction of what I have paid you. I will also be seeking information on whether any commissions have been paid to you by the Insurer.

I am not prepared to accept any more lame excuses and I will use the powers of the court to decide.

To that end you have a further 14 days to reflect on your actions. Failure on the 15th day will result in me withdrawing my complaint with the FOS and submitting a money claim with Portsmouth County Court. You have had more than enough time to resolve this complaint and I am not prepared to wait any longer.

Yours Sincerely

PF

Edited by pompeyfaith
EDITED BY MKB

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

MKB,

Excellent edit thank you very much.

I have edited this page and put your fine work on here too

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

pers, i find it hard to clearly and quickly decypher the 'meat' of your claim.

it reads you have not done this, not done that, oh, and you've not addressed this either.

i would be inclined to use bullet points, that form a clear list of the issues.

that way, there will be no ambiguity or missed issue excuses on their behalf.

it will also make it a whole lot easier to make the mcol!

just a thought

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I'm guessing no news as yet PF?

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

subbing PF - hope you're ok, mate ..:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Just adding my support too PF as you have done for me:)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Beachy,LDG,Johnny,Landy,CitizenB and all,

Thank You for your continued support on this drawn out saga, it really is comforting that I have you all in the wings ready to help if needed.

I have sent the letter posted above to the Co-op and made a long winded complaint to the FOS.

Now just waiting for a reply to those letters before I decide which way to turn next.

If it involves court so be it as im not giving up that for sure besides I have gone too far now so will see this to the end.

I will also be nice and refreshed after Xmas so will be ready for round 3 lol

Thank You All.

Regards

PF

Beachy,LDG,Johnny,Landy,CitizenB and all,

Thank You for your continued support on this drawn out saga, it really is comforting that I have you all in the wings ready to help if needed.

I have sent the letter posted above to the Co-op and made a long winded complaint to the FOS.

Now just waiting for a reply to those letters before I decide which way to turn next.

If it involves court so be it as im not giving up that for sure besides I have gone too far now so will see this to the end.

I will also be nice and refreshed after Xmas so will be ready for round 3 lol

Thank You All.

Regards

PF

Good luck PF I am still following your ongoing battle.;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Alan,

Thanks it is always nice to get the heads up from the resident PPI site helper.

Regards

PF:)

Alan,

Thanks it is always nice to get the heads up from the resident PPI site helper.

Regards

PF:)

I look forward to when you give me the nod to stick a huge WON with flags etc on your thread. You have had a difficult ride so far.

I am hoping in the light of the Supreme Court judgement that PPI will take off as a way of fighting back. At least we know PPI has a chance of success and the word should go out to get the world to claim back PPI. It can take months as you are well aware my friend but in then end money will be repaid the question is how much and is it correct. That is where you are having a battle.

The FOS are not a bad bunch but the training of staff IMO needs to be addressed so they are all following a FOS benchmark on how they deal with complaints. At the moment there seems to be no set standard within the organisation, and this needs IMO to be addressed as a matter of urgency as the PPI issue will no doubt keep on growing.

Chin up pompey have a new manager :D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Yup the arrival of Avram Grant is a good one just a shame he did not come sooner Still after the January transfer window we should start picking up points.

Man U this week so thats another lost event.

PF

Yup the arrival of Avram Grant is a good one just a shame he did not come sooner Still after the January transfer window we should start picking up points.

PF

Keep the positive hat on it's not over until it's over ;)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi PF , we're all keen to see that "WON" flag go up for you , mate - stick with it .... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Johnny,

Thank You their is still plenty of fight in me yet ;) I'm not giving up as there is too much to lose.

PF

PF

Hmmm - Portsmouth away is a bit of a lottery for us though & we're not exactly playing the football of last year so you never know (obviously I hope I'm wrong!! :p)

I'm off to OT on Tues for the Spurs Carling Cup game & just hope SAF puts out a 1st team cos they're playing out of their skin at the moment :rolleyes:

oops sorry ! Have I stumbled into a football forum by mistake > :rolleyes:

:D does PPI mean Plug Pompey Intensely .........hee -hee ! :lol::lol:

Glad to see the old spirit's still there PF...... I've never known a Marine give up :cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

:grin: does PPI mean Plug Pompey Intensely .........hee -hee ! :lol::lol:

LOL love it

But we lost 1-4 well done mkb, still I did not expect to win that one on current form as i say with xmas and african nations cup coming up where we will lose a few players it will be after the Jan transfer window before we will see any results.

Was a good game today nice to see pompey attacking.

PF

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Right have had a letter today in response to my concerns at the FOS I will scan and post it up this evening for your comments as i cant get to PC right now so having to use mobile phone

Regards

pF

FOSLETTER16-01-10-2.jpg

FOSLETTER16-01-10P2.jpg

Ok here is the Letter I received today in response to a complaint I made about the handling of my complaint.

I'm glad that they have recognised that their was errors in the way it was dealt with.

I will now write to them again pointing out why their decision was wrong and in light of the reply of this Letter that it gets proper adjudication by qualified staff that are able to deal with such a complaint.

Your Comments most welcome.

Regards

PF