• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pompeyfaith v Co-op PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi PF:)

I'm very pleased that the FOS has finally accepted that the way they have dealt with your complaint has been somewhat lacking - shambolic would be my word for it..........and I fear some of mine might be headed the same way unfortunately.

Hopefully now, at long last, things might start moving in the right direction for you with this and maybe a belated, but well earned success is on the horizon:wink:

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings Landy,

I certainly hope so, this all came about thought their 3 minute online survey which was not a good one lol.

Funny how they take more notice of that as they emailed me the following day.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

bump

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Any comments on the letter above please Thanks PF

Hi PF

Sorry I've not been on for a while.

Well, I'm glad they've accepted responsibility for the mess they've made of it. Hopefully they'll now reply to you within a week or so.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in FOS/FSA ...... :(

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering how you are doing and if there's any update on this at all?

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

• 3 months later...

Okey dokey.. give me a few moments.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Righto, here you.

New link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/259146-pompeyfaith-fed-up-co.html

I have popped it into the legal issues forum.

If you want the title changed then just yell.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ill leave title as is for now thank you

• 1 month later...

right ill be updating this thread with the latest letters etc this evening PF

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings All,

The latest saga in this complaint is a threat letter from Moorcroft lol

So time to send a letter to them pointing out the errors of their ways and invite them to take me to court.

moorcroftthreatletter-1.jpg

Hi PF you old warhorse ..long time since I heard from you .. How are you ?

The DCAs are sending these letters out like confetti at the moment and of course it probably works for those who don't know any better (i.e. non caggers ! LOL ....) or they'd give up on this kind of scare tactics ,full of "maybes" and "could be considereds" ......

Go get 'em mate ! :D

PS . just as an aftrethought PF , is it wise to leave the amount of the demand in on their letter?,..... they could possibly identify you from that ... and it's nobody else's business how much is involved. ....:-)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Greetings Johnny,

Good point ill get it moved although Im not bothered to be honest as they are already deep in the poo.

FOS are a waste of time they upheld but were unwilling to state how much but wanted me to sign an acceptance form lol

No way am I doing that so I contacted my cousin who is a commercial lettings solicitor he has two sols in his office that are consumer contract sols and said he is willing to take this on though the courts.

I have forwarded all the paperwork to him in pdf and he is at the moment going though it all.

I have another thread now in the legal forum:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/259146-pompeyfaith-fed-up-co-2.html#post3024632

PF

Thanks DG

• 2 weeks later...

Latest reply from the FOS in response to my email regarding acceptance forms.

I have noted your comments. I must stress that our Service is an alternative to the courts, we provide a dispute mediation service and as far as possible, we aim to resolve matters informally. I am therefore unable to comment on the legal issues you have raised. I have noted that you are taking legal advice and should you wish to follow this route, it is entirely up to yourself, however, I would request that you let us know.

Generally, we do not get involved with the figures of an offer made by a firm to the consumer but we get the firm to agree the method by which the redress will be calculated. In this case, The Co-operative Bank has seen our redress guidance for this type of case and agreed to use it for its calculations and therefore I sent you the offer letter dated 18 June 2010.

However, as you remain unhappy, I am liaising with The Co-operative Bank to determine the actual figures of its offer and how this has been calculated including the arrears on your account. Once received, I shall forward the same to you.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with our service and apologise for the delays you have experienced. However, your case is of a fairly complex nature and we are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.

Kind regards

The more dealings I have with the FOS the more I understand BankFodder's (and others) belief that they are pretty toothless when it comes down to getting off the fence and actually acting on behalf of the consumer I had believed they were there to support :eek:

This goes one step further to prove that theory as they are hardly falling over themselves to help you here, are they?

As for trying to resolve it as soon as possible - that's a joke isn't it............the whole idea of the FOS fast-tracking a complaint seems to be a pointless waste of time!

Hopefully the guy in your cousin's office will be more helpful :wink: Is there any news on that front yet?

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

keep up the good work pompey.

I will be following your case with great interest

Same boat as you but with Lloyds and FOS nearly 2 years.

Also received Moorcroft letter last week.

Bring it on I say !

greetings jez

Im sure you like me are not bothered one iota about dca letters as the complaint is firmly in dispute and it is they that are not complying with the law indeed all the creditor is doing is digging a bigger hole for themselves lol all good evidence and amazing how they rely to much on what the screen says as you say bring it on as i now want my day in court