David Lloyd / ARC Europe - Advice please

ziggy311
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read through some of the posts here, but am a little conflicted as to what to do. I have seen a recent post where a moneyclaim was filed against someone. So wanted to ask advice before I do anything. 

Backstory: 

I had been a member of DL for a year or so - I was out of my initial 12 month agreement, and I assume was on a rolling thing (increased price) 

I stopped using the gym due to an injury, and lack of time. Plus the fact that it was grossly oversubscribed, and too expensive for what it was (broken facilities etc) 

I emailed on the 9th August and asked to cancel. They initially told me that they would cancel from the 1st Oct. I kicked up a bit of a fuss and received this response: 

'

Hello,

Thank you for  your response.

I apologise for the mix up on my behalf. I did already mention that your memebrship will be cancelled as of 01-Oct-23, this is the one month notice needed to end your contract.  Please ignore the three month notice period that I mentioned in my previous email

The reason it cannoot end on 01-Sep-23 is beause you gave your notice after the cut off date which was on 04-08-23. The last 

Kind regards,

I asked to see a copy of the agreement I signed, they could not provide. 

I explained that I had not used the gym for 3 months, offered to pay for the 5 days elapsed, they refused and said I had to pay the full price. 

I cancelled the direct debit anyway, and then didn't hear anything for a while. 

A little while later, I received a phone call from DL trying to get me to re sign up. I explained that I was pretty peed off at how they had handled the situation so would absolutely not be signing up again. The woman on the phone agreed with me, and said she could see I had not been using the gym, and would speak to her manager to get the final fee waived. I said thanks, and that was it. 

And then a few days ago, I have received a letter from ARC Europe, chasing the monthly fee, late payment fee, and their admin fee. Totalling £190.25. 

Would very much appreciate some advice here. 

Thanks in advance. 

ignore

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

ZERO legal  powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT it's type

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you'd read those threads you'll  see somewhere   i  posted.....

its £900 in one and £700 in another ....not a mere single month

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...