PCN from MET Parking Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again all,

Hmmm, speak of the devil, and they seem to be trying to up the ante.

Today, 21 Feb 09, I've received by normal post i.e. not recorded etc, a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors in Surrey. They were even kind enough to supply me with their website - Welcome to Roxburghe - Fresh approach, better results - where I can pay online. Yeah like that's going to happen :rolleyes:

To quote from their letter:

"We have been instructed by MET to recover this outstanding Parking Contravention Notice ('PCN') that was issued against your vehicle, the details of which are....." etc etc

Hey, if they want the PCN back that badly they can have it! :p I feel like posting it to them - they didn't actually say they were instructed to recover the so-called outstanding amount.... is this their legal loophole?

To quote further:

"Please note that in the absence of payment or any valid dispute we will pursue this matter - with or without your cooperation. If we do not hear from you within 7 days we will pass the matter to our Solicitors, Graham White, who will review your case for potential legal action."

Jonathan Stock

Debt Recovery Manager

Roxburghe (UK) Limited

So, what do you think is the best course of action to take?

• Ignore completely (my personal favourite)
  • Reply stating the 'invoice' is in dispute and refer them back to MET
  • Reply quoting the Administration of Justice Act (or whatever it is?)
  • Demand that they commence county court proceedings within 7 days or to cease & desist etc
  • Tell 'em to take a hike quoting harassment etc

I am not even thinking about paying them - they want to take this further they can be my guest, but I'd be interested to hear if this crowd has been heard of before?

Regards,

Tony

Edited by ajbar

Oh yes. We know Roxburge well.

They've even been kind enough to set out what happens next, to help you in your hardcore ignoring action. Expect two letters from Graham Whites before they give up and go away. Then you're at the end of the process.

Hiya again,

Someone from Roxburghe called me today (24 Feb 09) and, as I was out, they left a message on the answerphone asking me to call them. Wondering what I should do? I've already deleted the message so won't be calling them back but if they call back when I'm in, I'm wondering what would be the best thing to say to them?

Has anybody had calls before?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

If they were to ring the Eagle, here in the Eyrie, [eerie?], they would get a terse, two word riposte, ending in "off"!

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 2 weeks later...

Johnyg,

Curios (i'm sure others are too) where you are at with this now?

I'm in the same situation as you. received the 2nd letter, though i knew it was from them and didn't open it, cause i knew it was from them!

I'm still very angry about it as for me (at Billingsgate McDs) it was the 1st time i brought my young family to it and we were 16 mins over time (that we had no idea about at all).

When I contacted McDs customer service they did not care at all.

Suffice to say.. we have not eaten there since and don't intend to pay at all.

Anyone else had this problem with MET and what was your outcome?

Hi All

I am taking your advice by ignoring the letters.

The latest of which came today and is now £125.

They are threatening me that the debt collectors may take me to court to recover the debt. How can they do that when by their own words that "the vehicle was allegedly involved in the following parking contravention"

If MET took me to court and I was proved to have committed an offence I would pay up but how can I be taken to court to recover an alledged debt?

Al27,

Is that from personal experience or people posting on the forum.

That's what i've read also but have not yet heard from anyone who's actually either been taken to court or not heard anyting back after like 1-2 years.

Cheers

Everybody ignores Met and they always give up.

Just ignore them.

[quote=dckt;2021372

That's what i've read also but have not yet heard from anyone who's actually either been taken to court or not heard anyting back after like 1-2 years.

,,and why do you think that might be? ;-)

"Please note that in the absence of payment or any valid dispute we will pursue this matter - with or without your cooperation. If we do not hear from you within 7 days we will pass the matter to our Solicitors, Graham White, who will review your case for potential legal action."

Ajbar, did you get a letter from graham white?

Hi Benn,

Yup it turned up in the post yesterday with the heading

NOTICE OF INTENDED LEGAL ACTION

"...our client has instructed us to send a notice of INTENDED LITIGATION before legal proceedings are issued in the County Court..."

Goes on to tell me what the fees will be etc and threatening bailiffs (again) in the event of a Judgment Order not being adhered to etc etc

Signed by

Michael Sobell

Solicitor

It has joined the other pile of junk I've already received from them and I'm ignoring it. Until i get something that is properly 'official' I can't be bothered to worry about it.

Have u had something from them too?

Regards,

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

HI.

I'm so glad i found this forum regarding these cowboy conartists (met), who beleive that money grows on trees and people are all 2 easily bullies into parting with there ever shortening funds.

this is how my story goes.

My mother in law who lives in cyprus borrowed our car to go into the brewery in romford, She purchsaed the ticket from the machine and put the ticket on the dashboard, upon closing the door and taking the baby from the car she has knocked the ticket form the dashboard.

upon this there was a £50 pcn notice on the car window on her return.

we wrote to met sending a copy of this ticket( valid in the times stated).

explaining that an accidednt had occured but we do infact have the ticket and we have not been parking there without a valid ticket.

I have received a letter today stating that upon reading our letter they have infact photo eveidence that a ticket wasnt shown therefore the pcn is to be upheld and the ticket is to be paid in £50 or goes up to £100.

I really feel stronglly about not paying this ticket, after a short conversation with them on the phone today they seem to be uncapable of listening to common sense and that there way is the only way.

please advise or help me beat these losers, as I realy dont want to be bullied into paying monies for an inocent mistake.

ps, i also stated that if they had now given me a pcn for not showing having a valid ticked... would they be refunding me for the ticket i did buy...as there fining me for not having a ticket or showing a ticket

MET a pure [problem]. they don't do court and if they did their argument is not with you. You are under NO obligation to tell then the name pf the driver. Ignore them. (their paperwork is unlawful and arguably illegal as well)

Ok, I will not be paying this ticket, and lets see how quick these letters come rolling in. I mean, it was before xmass that this letter was sent to them and now 3 months down the line they reply..............

I just feel so enraged that these people feel that they can treat people this way.... and not see reason... I find it hard to beleive that these people are employed to run there business like this in such important public places

Ok, I will not be paying this ticket, and lets see how quick these letters come rolling in. I mean, it was before xmass that this letter was sent to them and now 3 months down the line they reply..............

I just feel so enraged that these people feel that they can treat people this way.... and not see reason... I find it hard to beleive that these people are employed to run there business like this in such important public places

Hi Barry B. The advice above is valid and really does work. I agree with you entirely as to the way these companies operate. The problem is is that the Parking Industry is so unregulated they can get away with pretty much anything they want. This includes non existent 'appeals' systems and fraudulent documentation. Also,the BPA set down thier own guidelines for which PPCs such as MET should operate by but these are openly ignored as they are guidelines and not law. Until the law is changed PPCs will carry on regardless and move on to the next uneducated individual who will pay up :mad:

Hi there I am new to forum and joined because my wife has been sent letters regarding a PCN issued for 'return in a no return period' by Met at Gatwick Mcdonalds.

I am a legal adviser and wrote back because I believe they are acting unlawfully. The PCN is up to £150 which I shredded last week, I think that is five or six letters now. I have written one letter and will not respond anymore.

However, i deal with these issues everyday, however when it is personal I still get pretty wound up ,not for long but for a few minutes about the harassment these letters do to the end reciever, of course its myself on behalf of my wife in this scenario.

I may speak to Trading Standards and McDonalds but want to do something a little more 'tit for tat' and have come with an idea which i would like to put to the forum.

The notice asks you to provide the driver details to which you should not supply. However i have the details of the Sole Director of Met Parking Services which I would gladly provide if the forum allows. If you have not caught on ,perhaps if everybody whom recieves these notices in the future were to insert his details do you think they might get the message.

PLEASE ADVISE

I like your style.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------