PCN from MET Parking Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The notice asks you to provide the driver details to which you should not supply. However i have the details of the Sole Director of Met Parking Services which I would gladly provide if the forum allows. If you have not caught on ,perhaps if everybody whom recieves these notices in the future were to insert his details do you think they might get the message.

This information is freely available in the public domain, it is up to you how you use it, I quite like the idea actually. :wink:

PLEASE ADVISE

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

After various letters from MET - then Roxburge - I received the second one from Graham White Solicitors (Micheal Sobell) this morning stating Final Warning.

They state that I am on 7 days notice for court action if I do not contact them (or pay the £150.00 fine). They also state that they have taken all legal steps in relation to commencing litigation.

So, do I cave or should I keep ignoring them?

This is the the second final warning from the solicitors so should end here (according to other posters) but I am worried that MET are finally taking people to court. Anyone know if they are doing so now?

Advice would be very welcome - thanx

MET wouldn't dare take anyone to court, particularly using "Graham White" solicitors since it is already subject to a number of complaints regarding its behaviour and fraudulent claims.

The only time you have to do anything is when officially sealed court papers come through the door, but don't hold your breath.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

After various letters from MET - then Roxburge - I received the second one from Graham White Solicitors (Micheal Sobell) this morning stating Final Warning.

They state that I am on 7 days notice for court action if I do not contact them (or pay the £150.00 fine). They also state that they have taken all legal steps in relation to commencing litigation.

This is the the second final warning from the solicitors so should end here (according to other posters) but I am worried that MET are finally taking people to court. Anyone know if they are doing so now?

You are at the final stage now. Its all standard practice for MET in 3 steps-from MET then Roxburge then Graham White. These are all the same people btw-just a different office. Carry on as before. :)

MET don't do court which is a shame.

many wish they would try it it !

the [problematic] know their own weaknesses, that and their willful ignoring of regulations and statute is a great combination - for us.

when will we see a PPC operating lawfully ? never.

No do not give in now, as an individual you have a right to have your case heard in your local court. There is no right to legal costs for the successful litigant. Met Parking Services are acting unlawfully and need to be stopped. I am a legal adviser and they will not correspond with me . I have written to Mcdonalds and have not heard anything since. If my wife gets another letter i will contact trading standards and the police for harrassment. Remember You have never entered a contract with Met at all.You went on to McDonalds property and therefore Mcdonalds would have to sue you. I Will also be calling the Sun Newspaper if my wife gets another letter and i will kick MET into touch.

No do not give in now, as an individual you have a right to have your case heard in your local court. There is no right to legal costs for the successful litigant. Met Parking Services are acting unlawfully and need to be stopped. I am a legal adviser and they will not correspond with me . I have written to Mcdonalds and have not heard anything since. If my wife gets another letter i will contact trading standards and the police for harrassment. Remember You have never entered a contract with Met at all.You went on to McDonalds property and therefore Mcdonalds would have to sue you. I Will also be calling the Sun Newspaper if my wife gets another letter and i will kick MET into touch.

Good on you. Expose MET for for what they are. MET and McDonalds have a cosy little relationship :eek:

sorry for any confusion but mine is not in McDonalds - was in the Brewery carpark in Romford - Sainsburys + a few other stores (but you do get a part refund on the ticket cost from Sainsburys if you shop from them) - also the car is registered in my wifes name (she kept her maiden name after we were married) even though they address everything to Mr as opposed to Ms, but she was not driving that day.

GINGERNINJA - I'm in exactly the same situation as you are. Is there anything we can do to expose these [problematic], and end this ridiculous situation.

My fine = Using McDonalds twice within 90 minutes - I thought they wanted you to spend money in the store ? Did the staff take my money under false pretences, because they actually served me the second time, maybe that constitutes me issuing them with an invoice for breaking their own rules ?

• 4 weeks later...
GINGERNINJA - I'm in exactly the same situation as you are. Is there anything we can do to expose these [problematic], and end this ridiculous situation.

My fine = Using McDonalds twice within 90 minutes - I thought they wanted you to spend money in the store ? Did the staff take my money under false pretences, because they actually served me the second time, maybe that constitutes me issuing them with an invoice for breaking their own rules ?

I have not heard anything since my last letter so i have not done anything else. I think the best way to eliminate met would be to complaint to McDonalds ,your local trading standards office and contact the sun newspaper.

• 2 months later...

I put on another thread about the parking notice received from Met when i parked too long in Mcdonalds. I am going to ignore them but they sent it to my son as the registered keeper of our motability car. He cannot drive so our story is a little different to others. I know he does not have to disclose who was driving the car but we are hoping that ignoring will be enough. Also the threats of penalties and ccj expected would not stand with someone who wasn't even the driver.

I put on another thread about the parking notice received from Met when i parked too long in Mcdonalds. I am going to ignore them but they sent it to my son as the registered keeper of our motability car. He cannot drive so our story is a little different to others..

Love to see this case go to court, wouldn't last long:lol:

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while but if you can be bothered to go back a few pages you'll see what happened to me in August 2008 - I posted a few times.

I followed the advice given by various people on this forum (my thanks to you all) and refused point blank to pay up. I received letter after letter from Met and then from Graham White solictors all basically saying I owed them money (which increased with every letter) and if I didn't pay I'd be facing the bailiffs\debt collectors or a ccj.

I think they finally realised I wasn't responding to their letters so then they started phoning me instead. I must have had at least 4 phone calls from different people at Graham White Solicitors all with a very 'pushy' attitude. I quite enjoyed them actually because I refused to play ball and told them (in a way) to go to Hell. I admitted Nothing on the phone and turned the tables on them by asking them to prove that they were who they said they were. They could have been anyone as far as I was concerned and told them so. I don't think they like me anymore!

I haven't heard from them for a while now and I know I won't. They try to intimidate you into paying by quoting quasi-legal mumbo jumbo and pray of the 'ignorance' of the average person on the street when it comes to legal issues.

Rest assured these are merely empty threats and a court room is the very last place these criminals want to end up.

My advice, for what it's worth, is ignore them and they WILL go away. Just be patient and don't let them win!

It's a pain in the butt to have this hanging over your head but rather that than parting with £150.00 for no good reason.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Thanks again to all who responded to my previous posts with solid advice - good on you!

Keep it up please.

Regards,

Tony

Ajbar,

A perfect example of how to deal with these [problematic] and their begging letters and it seems, begging telephone calls.

Did they ask you to go through any sort of security before talking to you about this matter?

regards

To Pinkrat,

They probably got my tel number when they got my details from the DVLA but who cares? Tell your son to put the phone down on them - you really don't need to be polite to them. Remember they are [problematic] pure and simple, treat them as such. You have no obligation to them whatsoever, they are trying to con you!

To Letshelp,

Yes they asked but didn't get very far. I do not give out information over the phone to cold-callers even if they say they're calling from Graham White solicitors. They got very shirty when I refused to co-operate and told them their "invoice" was unenforceable. I was told they would be taking me to court so I said they could be my guest.

I've heard nothing else from them and, as I said before, I know I won't. I think that if you show them they can't intimidate you they give up and go away.

If anything else comes of all this I'll post again, but don't hold your breath!

Do not pay them a penny!

Regards,

Tony

MET Parking Services is a member of the BPA (British Parking Association)

They signed up to a code of practise which all members have to.

You can read the British Parking Association Code of Practice at:

Welcome to the British Parking Association

This Code of Practice applies to Parking Enforcement on Private Land and Unregulated Car Parks. There are two parts:

Part 1: Vehicle Immobilisation or Removal

Part 2: Parking Tickets

If it ever goes to court you can use the code of practice in your favour.

Questions to think about when you parked ....

Were there clear and adequate signs visible from all parts of the area concerned and at all times, (especially after dark if the land is open and unlit) and at the entry point(s) where appropriate?

When the Parking Ticket was issued, did the Operator confirm that

the signs were clearly visible?

Is the Contact address a full UK postal address? The code states that addresses that include a PO Box Number only should NOT be used.

Here is an extract from the pdf of the British Parking Association BPA Code of Practice

SIGNS AND INFORMATION

27) Parking enforcement shall only take place where

there are clear and adequate signs visible from all parts

of the area concerned and at all times, (especially after

dark if the land is open and unlit) and at the entry

point(s) where appropriate.

28 ) All signs must be kept clear of obstructions and

must be cleaned and maintained regularly.Whenever a

Parking Ticket is issued, the Operator must confirm that

the signs were clearly visible.

29) All signs must provide information in simple and

unambiguous language, with a preference for the use of

recognised symbols, icons or pictograms whenever

possible and to overcome any language or

interpretation difficulties. It is recommended that the

minimum size for signs informing motorists of the

existence of parking enforcement activity is 650mm (h)

x 450mm (w) and with the main Terms, Conditions and

Consequences shown with a recommended minimum

alphabet character size of 25mm (lower case ’x’) and

for ancillary Terms, Conditions and Consequences a

minimum alphabet character size of 6 mm is

recommended.Typical example signs are shown in

APPENDIX 2.

30) All signs shall indicate:

A) That the land is private property;

B) That if a vehicle is parked without authorisation, or

has contravened any parking conditions (which

conditions must be prescribed clearly on the same

sign or on other signs that are displayed clearly within

or at the entry to the land), then parking

enforcement may take place at any time, or during

the prescribed hours;

C) The types of parking enforcement that may be

deployed, e.g. clamping, removal and/or Parking Ticket

issue;

D) The maximum charges or fees payable;

E) That, if a parking ticket is not paid, then vehicle

keeper details will be requested from the DVLA;

F) A telephone number (landline) and a name and

address where enquiries or complaints may be

made.

Note:

Contact addresses (referred to in sections 30f) and 36c)

xvii)) should be a full UK postal address and addresses

that include a PO Box Number only should not be used.

31) Operators, who are Members of the BPA may use

and display the BPA Logo on all signs and in all literature

as defined in the BPA Brand Manual. This is an

entitlement which will help the public identify the

legitimacy of all BPA approved Operators and publicise

the bona fide nature of the operation at the site.

32) Signs must be visible from any place where parking

is permitted and should be visible throughout the site.

Signs should also be clearly visible at the point of entry.

OBTAINING ENFORCEMENT INFORMATION AND

KEEPER DETAILS

57) All Operators who wish to obtain, (via the

electronic request process) the names and addresses of

the registered keepers of vehicles that have been issued

with Parking Tickets must apply to the DVLA for

‘Approved Conditional Access’ to its UK vehicle register.

58 ) When applying to the DVLA, Operators must

confirm that they are a member of the BPA (quoting

membership number) and that will operate in

compliance with this Code of Practice, the Data

Protection Act and any other applicable legislation.The

Operator is also required to register with the

Information Commissioner as a Data Controller.

59) When an application has been accepted, the DVLA

will instruct the applicant on how to send and receive

data from its registers.

60) Data obtained from the Registers of the DVLA shall

not be obtained on behalf of third parties, or passed to

third parties, but used solely for purposes of

enforcement of the Parking Contraventions for which

the data was obtained.The DVLA intend to support any

prosecutions for offences against the Data Protection

Act and may refuse future requests from those proven

to be contravening the DPA or misusing the data.

Section 55 of the DPA in particular references unlawful

obtaining etc. of personal data.

61) Operators may not act as an Agent to obtain data

from the DVLA on behalf of a third-party Operator or

Landowner not directly connected with enforcement

activities of the acquiring Operator.

There is tons of information in the code that would worry any private parking company going to court to enforce an invoice...

Received a letter from Graham White Solicitors earlier - what is funny is that the letter is dated 10th August and they 'contact us with your proposals for settlement within 7 days to avoid the possibility of this action' They served me with a letter entitled 'Notice of Intended Legal Action' Of course I've read postings on various forums writing about these crooks. You can imagine people get intimidated by it all & cave in. So I suppose it's a percentage game (strike rate) for these crooks.

How many more letter can I expect to receive before they give up?

C&P from an earlier post by DDWales - It was as he said it would be

Quote:

Originally Posted by hector-a-go-go viewpost.gif

You are at the final stage now. Its all standard practice for MET in 3 steps-from MET then Roxburge then Graham White. These are all the same people btw-just a different office. Carry on as before. :-)