Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great stuff - make everyone tidy up on Sat morning - then throw them all out for the afternoon so they can't mess it up again ;):D

Do i have to let them back in :rolleyes:

Coffe on so smells nice how about some warm bread smellsto waft around as well

coffee and bread ready to go :D

real coffee tils, none of your instant cr*p.

Of course stone this girl does things properly :rolleyes::p

cinnamon air fresheners work as well. :D:D

naaa vanilla and lily of the valley :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it Tills, but can you get peeps to take animals out too and remove signs of them being there (toys, bowls etc). Apparently some people don't like houses where animals have lived.:confused:

Personally I prefer the animals sometimes:p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I just meant take them out of the house Tills!!:lol:

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Holidays soon go so they'll soon be back with you.;)

Hey, me too Bona - my new router turned up today, so back to business as usual :)

Ell

We had a Powercut 2 weeks ago, it also took cable out with it, & it fried my router, so no internet for nearly 2 weeks:mad:, found out I ordered a wired router & needed a wireless, :(lol

New router was here when we got home so am back in business will now catch up

Got router no.2, found out it was faulty (damn thing turned me wireless network card off) took it back, after shop tested it it for 3 days, told it was deffo faulty, so given credit note for full price, now got a decent router, & now I'm back.:D

It's just taken me the best part of 4 hours to catch up, phew:eek:.

I bet you didn't even miss me!!;)

I know i threw my toys out of the pram earlier :rolleyes:

Can I have your rattle please???:grin:

But guys i really do appreciate you all :)

The feeling is mutual Tills. xxxx

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate to say it Tills, but can you get peeps to take animals out too and remove signs of them being there (toys, bowls etc). Apparently some people don't like houses where animals have lived.:confused:

Personally I prefer the animals sometimes:p

thats me bu99ered then, where am i meant to hide george and that bob one thats taken up residence under the table :confused:

go for it girl youve had a good week :)

honey x

Hope the viewing produces the desired result. I haven't posted much on this (or other threads) lately as I''ve been really busy and my keyboard was on the blink - seems to be working again now I replaced the batteries - (its a wireless one).

I've got a battle with Crap 1 at the moment - already posted about this today so need some time to deal with that.

All the best for the viewings, let us know what the result is - and try not to let them take a 'reduction' in the price if you can - a colleague had somebody try that on day of exchange but said "If you reduce the price I will remove all the garden furniture and potted plants" and they backed down (the particular garden has a £3000 workshop/shed, gazebo and lots of potted plants).

Keep us posted of the results.

Good luck Tills, fingers crossed for you :)

Ell x

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

have just had the most brilliant last 4 days

:eek: why, did you find the rich toyboy?? :D

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Okis viewing went well, they liked the fact that was a school and college up the road :) liked the house, and the fact that it a drive and extension, so will just have to wait and see now.

Here's hoping hun, :)

Fingers crossed for you tills:)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Everythings crossed for you Tills, you're doing OK, & you'll get through this hun.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Morning :)

I have just been looking at the websites for the estate agents that i am using, and

they have different amounts for the sale of the house, one has it up for 8000 more

than the other one, so me thinks a trip into to town this morning to see what is

going on, as i went into to both and had discussions with them about dropping

the price and they had both agreed and told me that was the best way to go,

and both had agreed on the same on amount.

Hello Tilly!

This is just friendly advice, I do hope it may help.

One thing you must get right when Selling in a declining Market is the Price, and I mean that with the utmost respect for your difficult position.

The key is to get ahead of the Market, not flutter in the wind behind a diving Kite. Almost everyone will be facing hard facts, but few will realise for a while, and will just keep eating the Price away as they chase the Market down, always a few steps behind it.

First step is the Web, try to find out via a selection of Postcode searches what other Properties in your area have actually Sold for. Land Registry Data showing Actual Prices is now in the Public Domain, and there are many Web Sites letting you see snippets of this for Free.

These Sales will be behind the Market, so allow for similar Sales to be a little lower already.

Ignore what the Estate Agents say, as they were pretty useless in the last Recession. You need to take charge of the Estate Agents, and negotiate better Fees with them whenever you can.

Your Property's True Sale Price will be somewhere on a downward sloping line, as I regret the Market is going down at the moment and may go down faster and faster.

Pin your Price too far up that line, and all that will happen is you won't Sell, and will have to revise down again. Real effect of that is money lost, as you could've Sold now if the Price was right, miss that chance, and the Sale may go ahead at an even lower Price...losing more money.

Pin it too far down, and you risk Selling below what it should be worth. So do your homework via Web Searches, and if needed, go and view similar Properties as a "Pretend Buyer" to see what you are up against.

It's quite possibly your largest asset, so it's worth doing if it helps you to get the Price right.

Pin your Sale Price now on the actual likely Price, and you may not Sell, as the Price is moving down all the time. So, what was right Today, may not be right Tomorrow. What may be right Tomorrow, may not be right next Week.

You must therefore look ahead, and pin your Price there say, what you think it will be in 3 Months time. Make sure you leave time to Market it and find a Buyer before your New Price reaches the Price in 3 Months time when it will no longer be competitive.

An example, something you think is worth 150k, may show similar True Sales locally around the 142-144k mark. So 150k is higher than the likely actual Sale value, and is no use. You must not fly a Kite in this Market, unless you have something unique and in heavy demand (in which case Market Forces won't be much of an issue, for now).

Put the Price down to 144k now, and that may be too late, as the True Market Price could be lingering around the 139k-142k level already in terms of Actual Likely Sale.

Being more Pessimistic, a forced Sale at Auction may realise, say, 95-100k.

So, if you must Sell, the key is to get as far above the Forced Sale Price as possible, as fast as possible, and to do that, you must get ahead of the likely Actual Market Price as soon as possible.

In the above example, think of a Price that will really hurt, and then nibble something off that, then a little more, and that will probably be a Price that will attract a Buyer.

Perhaps 130k-135k in the above example. By the time the Estate Agents List and/or Phone around their Pet Buyers, 135k may still be viable and attractive, and the Market won't catch it down for a little while.

Your Rivals will still be Listing at 145-148k, little realising that 137k is perhaps the most they can now expect, and even that is going down.

If you went to 135k in the above example, painful as it would be, you might just get a Sale, and might even get two Buyers to make Offers above that, possibly going to 137k. Go to 130k, and you may get real interest, and may Sell at that, or may climb to 135k approx.

But if your Price Drop now is not below the moving target of the Actual Likely Price, all that will happen is you will end up not Selling, and could find you need to Drop to 125k when everyone realises the Market is still going down.

Thus, 135k now is 10k more than 125k later, and 10k is money you can save by getting the Price Right now. Get it wrong, and not only do you lose that 10k, but you may lose another 2-4k to get a Sale.

If a Forced Sale, then the Auctions will be lower than they were, so you may see how vital it is now to be very ruthless and strike while you still can.

A hard Price Cut now, might just turn it around fast, and you would then leave with a larger sum than might be the case in a few Months time.

From Hindsight, looking back, you may then accept it was the best move you could've made. Albeit that it was very painful right here and now.

Estate Agents are often very slow to move Prices down, as they have a vested interest to try and talk the Market Up, as their Fees are tied to Sale Prices.

If you do slash the Price, get one to agree a reduced Fee, as you can make it clear to them that a Sale means money, and in this Market, they need to get real. Fees, any fees, are better than no Fees.

I hope this helps, it's just something from experience when Selling things in the last Recession. No, I'm not an Estate Agent, never was, never could be! Just someone who had to Sell some Assets in the last Recession, and I did, from hindsight, get it right, despite the fact that it really, really hurt at the time.

Final Comments: make sure the place is immaculate for Viewings. Open all Windows a couple of hours ahead of any viewings to blast in Fresh Air. Then put heating on for a short while to compensate, then make some Real Coffee, make a shed load of Toast (you don't have to eat it)!

You won't believe how much Toast and Coffee we went through to Sell a Key Asset...but both do leave a nice aroma!

Good luck.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 3

Hi BRW

Thankyou for your advice, i think i have the jist of what you are saying, may have

to read it again :confused: so far they have dropped the price 30.000 :( over the last few weeks, will go and do some browsing on the web.

Tilly

Hello Tilly!

so far they have dropped the price 30.000

Yes, I can believe it. This is the trouble, neither Estate Agents, Sellers nor Buyers really know what is going on, so big Price Cuts like that will soon be very common as the Market declines.

What now matters is making a "Big Enough" Price Cut to make a difference. That 30k reduction is no longer real money. It might've been possible, but those days are now gone.

So, it may as well be 30k of Monopoly Money for the good it can now do you.

But from here, it is your money. The next Price Cut, if too small, will just be Monopoly Money again.

But get ahead of the Market, and you could Sell...for real Money.

Once you have that, you can then watch the Market shoot by, with lots of Sellers and Estate Agents chasing it down.

You may think you are losing, say, another 10k, but if it was never going to Sell then the 10k was never attainable.

The trick is not to eat into any more of the Real Value than needed, and the longer you take to Sell in a Declining Market, the more you will continue to eat into Real Value and Real Money.

Sell soon, and any Money you can get will start to go up in effective Buying Power. If you can Rent for a while, or move in with Relatives, you may find that you can Buy something else in 1-2 Years time that, right now, will seem like an absolute Bargain.

Armed with Cash in a Recession, and you can then be the one at the Auctions Buying a similar property to your own, for maybe 50% of the Price they are now.

Regard it as one Step back now, and you may be able to make 2-3 Steps forwards once the Market drops and your Buying Power rises.

Cash is King in a Recession.

I do hope this helps, if only to help question what the next Price Cut should be, and make sure you are happy it is realistic and could achieve a Sale with reasonable luck.

Cheers,

BRW